Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Smith and Parcells united! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3766)

PoopSandwich 03-12-2007 06:33 PM

Smith and Parcells united!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2795627

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Emmitt Smith is the latest former member of the Cowboys orgaznization to join ESPN.

The former Dallas Cowboys running back has been hired by ESPN as a studio analyst for its NFL pregame coverage. Earlier this month, former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells also joined ESPN.

Smith, the National Football League's all-time leading rusher, will appear on the network's NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown shows. He will also appear as an analyst on ESPN Radio and ESPN.com.

"I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and insight of football with the fans of the NFL," Smith said in a statement. "I am excited to be joining the ESPN family, particularly the highly respected Countdown crews."

Smith will join Chris Berman, analysts Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski, and reporter Chris Mortensen on NFL countdown. He, Berman, Jackson, Mortensen and analyst Steve Young will do the Monday Night Countdown show each week from the site of the Monday Night Football game.

Parcells also will be part of the Monday night broadcast and will appear on other programs, contribute weekly columns to ESPN.com and co-host a radio show with Mortensen on Friday evenings.

Go_Eagles77 03-12-2007 06:35 PM

I don't think Parcells ever coached Emmitt Smith...

The Unseen 03-12-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 (Post 213259)

And there you have it.

703SKINS202 03-12-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

hahaha, nice

dhoe20 03-12-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Actually, I think Parcells was the one to cut Emmit.

PoopSandwich 03-12-2007 08:45 PM

"United"

not "Re-united"

KILLERSANTA 03-12-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhoe20 (Post 213480)
Actually, I think Parcells was the one to cut Emmit.

He never coached Emmitt, Just cut him..........If i remember right :)

eaglesalltheway 03-12-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Thats how I remember it.

BlindSite 03-12-2007 10:48 PM

I don't know why ESPN would want Parcells, I don't think a lot of coaches are going to like talking to him. He's an asshole as far as i've heard.

stl9erfan 03-12-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 214165)
I don't know why ESPN would want Parcells, I don't think a lot of coaches are going to like talking to him. He's an asshole as far as i've heard.

1) He has a lot of protege's in the league who would most likely talk with him.

2) ESPN is hiring him more to be an analyst than a reporter. They've got Mortenson and Clayton to go out and get the scoops-- Parcells just has to break it all down once it happens. So as long as he's informative and entertaining (which he was last time around) he'll be fine.

bigmac076 03-12-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Parcells is perfect for the job. The post of yours might be as ignorant as as it gets my friend. You obviously know very little about him, it shows.

hugepunch 03-12-2007 11:32 PM

dont forget it cowboys

dhoe20 03-13-2007 12:30 AM

Parcells likes the Giants more than the cowboys.

BlindSite 03-13-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac076 (Post 214246)
Parcells is perfect for the job. The post of yours might be as ignorant as as it gets my friend. You obviously know very little about him, it shows.

My opinions, my friend, is an informed one as it comes from what I've read in "Next Man Up" and Billick's experiences with him, as well as comments made by people who played under him in New England which are readily available anywhere online and what has been said about him by guys like Michael Smith from ESPN.

I get you've got a chubber for him after he coached your team the last few years, but more than one person have called him an asshole. I've got no reason to blindly portray him as one...

eacantdraft 03-13-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 214416)
My opinions, my friend, is an informed one as it comes from what I've read in "Next Man Up" and Billick's experiences with him, as well as comments made by people who played under him in New England which are readily available anywhere online and what has been said about him by guys like Michael Smith from ESPN.

I get you've got a chubber for him after he coached your team the last few years, but more than one person have called him an asshole. I've got no reason to blindly portray him as one...

He coached my team to two Super Bowl victories and I have to say that you are correct. The guy is a two face liar among other things.

* He left 4 teams high and dry, leaving suddenly.

* He broke hearts in Tampa and Atlanta, leading the owners and the fans that he would coach their team, then pulled out at the last moment.

* He insulted the wife of Bob Kraft for her political views.

bigbluedefense 03-13-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhoe20 (Post 214405)
Parcells likes the Giants more than the cowboys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugepunch (Post 214285)
dont forget it cowboys

DAMN RIGHT

bigbluedefense 03-13-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Assholes win Super Bowls. Check the track record.

bigmac076 03-13-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

looks like most of you on this board have a chubber for Michael Smith.

Jughead10 03-13-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

I hope people realize that Parcells has been on ESPN in the past and was quite good at it.

Go_Eagles77 03-13-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 213780)
"United"

not "Re-united"

ahhhh yeah you're right

hugepunch 03-13-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft (Post 214653)
He coached my team to two Super Bowl victories and I have to say that you are correct. The guy is a two face liar among other things.

* He left 4 teams high and dry, leaving suddenly.

* He broke hearts in Tampa and Atlanta, leading the owners and the fans that he would coach their team, then pulled out at the last moment.

* He insulted the wife of Bob Kraft for her political views.

i cant believe your a giant fan.. lol