Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   MLB Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39037)

KCJ58 03-01-2010 06:55 PM

MLB Discussion Thread
 
GO DODGERS!

Brodeur 03-01-2010 06:56 PM

KIKO CALERO HAS NOT SIGNED GOD DAMMIT. I want this thread closed.

ccB 03-01-2010 06:58 PM

And year two of the Wieters/Matusz era begins...

Brodeur 03-01-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 2042980)
And year two of the Wieters/Matusz era begins...

By that you mean the 15 consecutive World Series victories until Matt Wieters decides to take mercy on the rest of the league by retiring.

T-RICH49 03-01-2010 07:01 PM

I wish we'd have drafted Wieters.Can you imagine a Greinke/Weiters battery?

Tampa 2 4 life 03-01-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2042977)
KIKO CALERO HAS NOT SIGNED GOD DAMMIT. I want this thread closed.

Cosigned. Kiko Calero needs a home.

tjsunstein 03-01-2010 07:09 PM

Do the Phillies have the NL locked up? Who poses the biggest threat?

I think the Cardinals pose the biggest threat. Followed by the Dodgers and Mets. Phillies have to be favorites, however.

Brodeur 03-01-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life (Post 2042994)
Cosigned. Kiko Calero needs a home.

It baffles me that Brandon Lyon gets $5 million a year when Kiko is barely getting major league offers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2043022)
Do the Phillies have the NL locked up? Who poses the biggest threat?

I think the Cardinals pose the biggest threat. Followed by the Dodgers and Mets. Phillies have to be favorites, however.

The Pirates when 37 year old Jose Tabata breaks out in a big way.

YotoJets007 03-01-2010 07:33 PM

so far I know... Mets will be on TV tomorrow and Yankees will be on this Wednesday... MLB network.

Hines 03-01-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2043036)
It baffles me that Brandon Lyon gets $5 million a year when Kiko is barely getting major league offers.



The Pirates when 37 year old Jose Tabata breaks out in a big way.

Hahaha :(

Don't say that!

Scotty D 03-01-2010 07:58 PM

Excited to see how Austin Jackson and Scott Sizemore perform this year. Little worried about our offense.

djp 03-01-2010 08:18 PM

Target Field .. yay


Jughead10 03-01-2010 08:21 PM


Brodeur 03-01-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 2043197)

Another year of feeling the need to hate you but unable to is upon us.

tjsunstein 03-01-2010 08:36 PM

Anyone have any extensive predictions? I'll come up with mine in a couple weeks when the season is closer.

ViperVisor 03-01-2010 08:37 PM


Jughead10 03-01-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2043244)
Anyone have any extensive predictions? I'll come up with mine in a couple weeks when the season is closer.

No but I'll definitely take under 70.5 on Blue Jay wins. With the Red Sox and Yankee lines at 94.5 and the Rays at 89.5, if those teams all approach those totals it basically impossible for the Blue Jays to win that amount unless the Orioles put up a 50 win season.

Brent 03-01-2010 08:41 PM

Yet another year of Timmy Lincecum. I luz him.

oh and **** the Dodgers.

djp 03-01-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 2043253)
No but I'll definitely take under 70.5 on Blue Jay wins. With the Red Sox and Yankee lines at 94.5 and the Rays at 89.5, if those teams all approach those totals it basically impossible for the Blue Jays to win that amount unless the Orioles put up a 50 win season.

Which is a shame because the Blue Jays aren't that bad. I could see them finishing 3rd if some of the young players develop quickly aka Travis Snider.

fenikz 03-01-2010 08:52 PM

NL
West: Rockies
Central: Cardinals
East: Phillies
Wildcard: Diamondbacks

AL
West: Angels
Central: Twins
East: Yankees
Wildcard: Red Sox

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL MVP: Joe Mauer

NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
AL Cy Young: Zack Grienke

NL ROY: Stephen Strasburg
AL ROY: Desmond Jennings

Brodeur 03-01-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djp (Post 2043260)
Which is a shame because the Blue Jays aren't that bad. I could see them finishing 3rd if some of the young players develop quickly aka Travis Snider.

No chance they finish above the Rays, and the Orioles are going to get a lot better as well because of MATT WIETERS.

Tampa 2 4 life 03-01-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2043275)
No chance they finish above the Rays, and the Orioles are going to get a lot better as well because of MATT WIETERS.

I believe you mean

"No chance they finish above the red sox".

Hines 03-01-2010 09:03 PM

NL East:

1) Philly
2) Atlanta
3) Florida
4) New York
5) Washington

NL Central:

1) St Louis
2) Chicago
3) Cincinati
4) Pittsburgh
5) Milwaukee
6) Houston

NL West:

1) Dodgers
2) Colorado
3) Arizona
4) San Fran
5) San Diego

Wild Card: Chicago


AL East:

1) Yankees
2) Boston
3) Tampa Bay
4) Baltimore
5) Toronto

AL Central:

1) Minnesota
2) Chicago White Sox
3) Detroit
4) Cleveland
5) Kansas City

AL West:

1) Seattle
2) Angels
3) Rangers
4) A's

Wild Card: Boston

My sleeper for the AL is Chicago. My sleeper for the NL is Arizona.


NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL MVP: Joe Mauer

AL ROY: Austin Jackson
NL ROY: Jason Heyward

Scotty D 03-01-2010 09:04 PM

Any Twins, Chi Sox, Indian, Royal fans... I offer a one month sig bet that the Tigers will finish in front of your team!

Wally03 03-01-2010 09:15 PM

NL
West: Dodgers
Central: Cardinals
East: Phillies
Wildcard: Giants

AL
West: Rangers
Central: Twins
East: Yankees
Wildcard: Red Sox

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

NL Cy Young: Tim Lincecum
AL Cy Young: Zack Greinke

NL ROY: Jason Heyward
AL ROY: Neftali Feliz


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.