Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Redskins Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tebow to workout with Skins (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39553)

DiG 03-18-2010 07:25 AM

Tebow to workout with Skins

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...-have-wor.html

On a day the Redskins locked up one quarterback, they're apparently preparing to work out another. The Redskins are one of five teams that have scheduled individual workouts with draft prospect Tim Tebow, according to the Sporting News.

Tebow participated in the University of Florida's pro day on Wednesday afternoon in Gainesville, Fla. With a variety of prospects on display, scouts and executives from most teams were on hand, as well as a handful of head coaches. Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and General Manager Bruce Allen were not present, but they didn't need to be if they plan on viewing Tebow up-close at Redskins Park in the coming weeks.

Tebow will also workout with Buffalo, Cleveland, New England and Seattle, according to the report.

SeanTaylorRIP 03-18-2010 07:31 AM

I'm not going to lie, I really badly want to draft Tebow in the 2nd round. On a football standpoint I understand the major issues with footwork, delivery, etc., but he's just one of those guys who is a competitor and I think he has the work ethic to become a pretty good QB with time.

DiG 03-18-2010 08:45 AM

id take tebow over mccoy at this point. i think his upside is much higher. id love to trade down in the second for tebow if the coaches are sold on him but im not sure it would be possible with the bills at 41 unless the bills landed clausen in the first. the jags not having a second round helps. theyd have to trade next years first to move up and i just dont see that happening.

toddmlazarchick 03-18-2010 09:02 AM

I wouldn't mind Tebow in the 2nd either. You know damn well he will work on mechanics until they are perfect thats just the kind of guy he is. I can see him being a very successful QB with time. Before taking the job here, Shanahan was quoted saying he wants a QB thats a project so he can work with him. Tebow would fit that bill perfectly.

treyskins 03-18-2010 09:15 AM

Classic Shanny smokescreen?

Buffalo and Seattle pick after us so he could be looking to pick up a third by trading down so some team takes Tebow.
C'mon buffalo you know you need a qb so just hand over your third rounder and you can have Campbell.

Then again Shanny spent a part of last off-season watching Florida and its spread offense.Scott Wright's draft report of him says he could well be the most controversial prospect ever.
Wow.
That will get Shanny's bug eyes going!

SeanTaylorRIP 03-18-2010 12:54 PM

I'm still convinced that someone will trade up into the late first to take Tebow, maybe even early 20's ala Joe Flacco. We traded up into the first to get Jason and I had Jason marked as a late 2nd-early 3rd but since Cleveland picking at the top of the 2nd was rumored to be very interested, we had to move into the first.

DiG 03-18-2010 01:36 PM

clevelands a team i could see doing it too. theyve got a ton of picks and could probably slide into the late first using just one of their thirds.

EvilNixon 03-18-2010 01:39 PM

His mobility is a nice plus in Shanny's system.

Brothgar 03-18-2010 02:12 PM

does anyone have tape of Tebow at the proday I'd like to see the new motion for myself.

SeanTaylorRIP 03-18-2010 02:15 PM

Search on youtube. It's still pretty obvious though when he had to do deep throws he started reverting back to his old motion. Also it's nice to look at but when he's in a game situation and pressured it's hard to break old habits. His motion on intermediate throws does look pretty nice though.

2 Live Crew 03-19-2010 09:24 AM

I don't think he's making it to Round 2.