Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   2010- Best RB in NFC East (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41105)

SeanTaylorRIP 05-02-2010 11:41 AM

2010- Best RB in NFC East

Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.

Thumper 05-02-2010 11:51 AM

It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.

Malaka 05-02-2010 12:04 PM

This is the shittiest part of the NFC East IMHO, I went Felix Jones, I feel he played best last season, watch out for Bradshaw and Tashard Choice next year though.

NY+Giants=NYG 05-02-2010 12:04 PM

I like F. Jones. I think he is the best RB in the East.

Supporting Caste 05-02-2010 12:06 PM

Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.

FreshBoy! 05-02-2010 12:07 PM

Felix...hands down really......Even trying not to let my homer'isms show...If Felix can stay healthy he's potentially a top 5 back in the league.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supporting Caste (Post 2159814)
Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.

What gives you that impression? NFC South has the best backs collectively, IMO...but I wouldn't put the NFCE among the worst.

superman8456 05-02-2010 12:09 PM

I went with Tashard Choice because even though he isnt the starter of his team, I feel he is the most consistent and can do everything well. I also believe that the ability to stay healthy is a huge part of being a good RB.

eaglesalltheway 05-02-2010 12:10 PM

I clicked Choice, meant for Jones, whatever. I think it's Jones, but Choice has a great skillset too. In the future it'll most likely be between Jones and Shady...

When are we going to have the best FB thread??? WEAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Malaka 05-02-2010 12:10 PM

Nah, FB thread is much too easy its so obviously Weaver.

Thumper 05-02-2010 12:12 PM

Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.

Malaka 05-02-2010 12:12 PM

TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.

Sniper 05-02-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 2159826)
TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.

This. We should have a second-best TE thread, because if you think the East's top TE isn't Witten, you deserve to be shot in the face.

Rosebud 05-02-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2159770)
Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.

I love Ahmad, but he's gotta be healthy and prove he can be more than the third RB who comes in when D's have been beat up by Jacobs. After this year if the mighty midget has the breakout year he's capable I have no problem with someone picking him.

NY+Giants=NYG 05-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 2159825)
Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.

True, but we don't use our TEs as much. We are a running team, and now with all our WRs, the TE position is used more as a tendency breaker.

D-Unit 05-02-2010 01:21 PM

Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.

SeanTaylorRIP 05-02-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2159917)
Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.

He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.

FreshBoy! 05-02-2010 01:24 PM

He's not the "best" though.:(

D-Unit 05-02-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2159919)
He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.

That's just not true. Totally wrong. He still breaks plenty tackles and fights for every yard.

A quick reminder...

Ask Jonathan Vilma if the Barbarian still runs hard....

lol... Barber gets up like he was the LB making the hit. hahaha.

2009-10 season

M.O.T.H. 05-02-2010 03:24 PM

Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.

D-Unit 05-02-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 2160042)
Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.

I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?

FreshBoy! 05-02-2010 04:07 PM

Semantics, dear watson....

It's basically asking who the best RB going forward is...those "flash in the pans" from Felix have people believing he'll be the best.
:eek:

tjsunstein 05-02-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 2159791)
It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.

I can't emphasize 'if' enough. Based on potential, a lot would be different but I think the question is inquiring about right now. Currently. In the present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 2159825)

It's Witten, not even remotely close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2160081)
I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?

This.

Thumper 05-02-2010 04:21 PM

I don't think its even a question, Felix Jones is without a doubt in my mind the most talented runner in the division. Right now the division is just a collection of situational runners aside from LeSean McCoy, nobody aside from McCoy is going to carry the load this upcoming year. So who is the best at what they do? I think thats Felix Jones, he is strong enough to break tackles and fast enough to break the big one, he is everything Darren McFadden was supposed to be. He ripped the Eagles two weeks straight like they hadn't been ripped in about half a decade, he ran for 239 yards in 2 weeks on the Eagles defense. Ever since he returned that kick for a touchdown his rookie season he has been the player I fear most on the Cowboys, he is just too explosive.

Go_Eagles77 05-02-2010 07:08 PM

I voted Felix Jones, but just to mention his name, I'll say I think LeSean McCoy is going to be much improved this season. He's in much better shape and will be both quicker and stronger this year. Apparently he was around 217 last year but was really soft, he looks jacked this year compared to last year.

SeanTaylorRIP 05-02-2010 07:10 PM

My problem with McCoy isn't size. He has enough bulk to hold up, it's running style. I'm not sure that's something so easily changed. Reggie Bush for example is big enough to take a beating running hard inside yet he still tends to try to bounce everything. There's pro's to McCoy's running style but it can hurt his team.