Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   2010-Most Improved Player (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41122)

SeanTaylorRIP 05-03-2010 02:09 PM

2010-Most Improved Player

Who do you think will be the most improved player this year in the division? If you select other, please provide who.

I wanted to go Landry since I think him bulking up and moving him in box to SS could make him a beast again, but I'll have to see before I start praising him again. I ended up going Doug Free. He has a huge responsibility. Might be the most important player on the Cowboys to watch this year.

DiG 05-03-2010 02:26 PM

with mcnabb in town i am voting for devin thomas. if the skins have any shot at a wildcard he has to step up this year. i considered fokou but with eagles lbers coming back off injury from last year i dont know that hell get as much playing time. felix jones was my runner up to devin thomas though. if he starts over barber like people are saying, he could put up some big time numbers.

BaLLiN 05-03-2010 05:24 PM

LeSean "Shady" McCoy?

LonghornsLegend 05-03-2010 05:58 PM

Devin Thomas and its not even close for me.

Me and D have been big fans of his for awhile. He's ready to break out, he just needed to get the mental aspect of things down, but with a QB in town he'll produce just like he needs to. Has every single thing you look for in a #1 WR but he needs to really put in the time and effort to be great.

At least Ogletree is on the poll though :D

M.O.T.H. 05-03-2010 06:08 PM

I sure as hell hope it's Free.

I'll take Clint Sintim, though if he starts.

NY+Giants=NYG 05-03-2010 06:10 PM

hmmm... I'd like to think.. Osi.. From sucking to back to Osi form.

D-Unit 05-03-2010 06:29 PM

I'm thinking Hakeem Nicks will have a bigger year than Devin Thomas...

BaLLiN 05-03-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2161520)
I'm thinking Hakeem Nicks will have a bigger year than Devin Thomas...

yeah but does that make him most improved? he already had a very good year.

SeanTaylorRIP 05-03-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2161479)
Devin Thomas and its not even close for me.

Me and D have been big fans of his for awhile. He's ready to break out, he just needed to get the mental aspect of things down, but with a QB in town he'll produce just like he needs to. Has every single thing you look for in a #1 WR but he needs to really put in the time and effort to be great.

At least Ogletree is on the poll though :D

UVA homer. . I was trying to pimp him as a 3rd round pick, but that never happened. He has looked good though with the few chances he's gotten.

LonghornsLegend 05-03-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2161625)
UVA homer. . I was trying to pimp him as a 3rd round pick, but that never happened. He has looked good though with the few chances he's gotten.

I remember you mentioning his name before I even got to see him play, I think this was soon after we picked him up as an UDFA, though for some odd reason we drafted Manuel Johnson in the 7th before him. Still though I think he'll beat out Patty and be our slot man, who at least to me is a good fit between Dez and Austin.

I think he has some serious potential and will end up alot better then people think, it'll just be tough to get many looks now that we drafted Dez. What he showed me as a rookie though was far advanced for someone who wasn't even drafted, I have no doubt he'll continue to get much better.

bigbluedefense 05-03-2010 08:10 PM

I'm so drafting Devin Thomas.

Although I don't think he's a very good player, Ernie Simms is a darkhorse in this.

I wish it was Chris Canty, but i'm just hoping he becomes a very good run stuffer like he was in Dallas.

Jason Peters has a shot to potentially live up to his billing too.

FreshBoy! 05-03-2010 08:14 PM

Aaron Ross?

Hurricanes25 05-03-2010 08:26 PM

Devin Thomas is primed for a breakout year with McNabb under center.

NY+Giants=NYG 05-03-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 (Post 2161680)
Devin Thomas is primed for a breakout year with McNabb under center.

Assuming that their OL doesn't stink. They need to have a running game and then someone has to step up for that other than Cooley. It could be Thomas, but if McNabb is running for his life I expect him to have a tough time.

LonghornsLegend 05-03-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2161653)
I'm so drafting Devin Thomas.

Although I don't think he's a very good player, Ernie Simms is a darkhorse in this.

I wish it was Chris Canty, but i'm just hoping he becomes a very good run stuffer like he was in Dallas.

Jason Peters has a shot to potentially live up to his billing too.

Oh yea, Ernie Sims deserves to get some recognition, it could easily happen. I remember ATL fans has soured on Boley like night and day from what they previously felt, and watching Boley last year for you guys I couldn't help but be jealous.

This dude was downfield knocking perfect passes away from Witten, has that sideline to sideline range, I don't know what you would have done without him, perfect for what you ask him to do. Maybe this is all Sims needs.

bigbluedefense 05-03-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshBoy! (Post 2161664)
Aaron Ross?

Him too. Can't believe I forgot him. His problem has never been his game though, it's always been injuries.

He's a great #2 CB when healthy. The problem is, he hasn't been healthy for the past 2 years. And now he's our #3 CB behind Terrell Thomas, who is pretty much a healthy, bigger, faster, stronger, and better technique version of Aaron Ross.

If Ross stays healthy, he'll be good.

Calvin & Kevin 05-03-2010 08:42 PM

(oops I linked to this off New Posts and didnt see it was a NFCE poll till too late. my bad)

bigbluedefense 05-03-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2161699)
Oh yea, Ernie Sims deserves to get some recognition, it could easily happen. I remember ATL fans has soured on Boley like night and day from what they previously felt, and watching Boley last year for you guys I couldn't help but be jealous.

This dude was downfield knocking perfect passes away from Witten, has that sideline to sideline range, I don't know what you would have done without him, perfect for what you ask him to do. Maybe this is all Sims needs.

Boley was a monster before he injured his hip. After he hurt his hip, he was solid but not spectacular. I'm looking forward to him really tearing it up this season. Our whole defense was just completely destroyed with injuries last year. In our front 7, 5 players were injured (entire DL plus Boley) and 2 of em sucked (Clark and Pierce).

That combined with no safeties just killed our defense.

I wasn't a fan of Ernie Simms, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of him in Philly. And that scares me lol. The last thing we need is for Philly to have a credible LB next to Stewart Bradley.

FreshBoy! 05-03-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2161700)
Him too. Can't believe I forgot him. His problem has never been his game though, it's always been injuries.

If Ross stays healthy, he'll be good.

Yea exactly. Like I said in the other thread...the Giants and the injuries have done a number to what *should* be a top 5 defense top to bottom.

eaglesalltheway 05-04-2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLLiN (Post 2161416)
LeSean "Shady" McCoy?

If he was on the list, I would've gone with him, as neither of the Eagles listed will likely be starting this year even. Thomas will probably improve a bit, but after that, there isn't much to pick from after Landry, who I picked.

But Landry is the one I expect to improve the most on the list, as DT said, bulking up and moving to a role closer to the LOS will help him, and better suits his skill set.

However, I think with Shady being the primary runner the entire season, he will be the most improved, over Landry. Another year in a system that fits him well, developing more, and experience will only help Shady, and the only way I see him regressing, or staying roughly the same with his level of play as last year, is if he would be injured (hopefully not).

So I gave two answers... Whatchu gonn doo? ;)

Rosebud 05-04-2010 12:10 PM

I don't think Canty should be on the list, he's played very well in this division before and was just injured, a lot, last year on a DL that dramatically underachieved outside of him.

I think it'll be between Devin Thomas, Shady, Jonathon Goff, Doug Free if he plays well, William Beatty (who's going to be a STUD), Felix Jones if he stays healthy, Ahmad Bradshaw if he stays healthy or Kiwi if he is able to finally bulk up.

Supporting Caste 05-05-2010 11:23 PM

I think you have to go with Canty by default given his injury troubles.

It'd be hard for Doug Free to improve upon last year--he was actually really good for us.

And I can actually see Haynesworth having a huge year if he's allowed to play one-gap style at DE.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-26-2010 08:54 PM

Aha at all the Devin Thomas love, some of you though were right on with Shady, Nicks, Osi, Landry, and Sims to an extent.

Rosebud 10-26-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2353697)
Aha at all the Devin Thomas love, some of you though were right on with Shady, Nicks, Osi, Landry, and Sims to an extent.

Devin THomas burned a lot of people here, outside of him and Beatty, who's been held back by injury. My other picks aren't that bad. Goff's been a beast, Free's playing well, Bradshaw's a stud, Felix has been better since he slimmed back down and Kiwi was playing great before his injury.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-26-2010 09:12 PM

Yeah I think the Devin Thomas love came more as a result of his draft status and the fact that Mcnabb needed a #2. Not that anyone would have ever predicted it but Anthony Armstrong might actually be a good WR in the league. Great speed and decent hands.