Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC North Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Best TE (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41358)

Hines 05-24-2010 01:35 PM

Best TE
 
Who is the top TE in the AFCN?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 05-24-2010 01:38 PM

Steelers get a little love from me

K Train 05-24-2010 01:39 PM

heath should run away with this one

Hines 05-24-2010 01:39 PM

Heath Miller is my pick as well. Complete TE.

coordinator0 05-24-2010 01:50 PM

Right now it's Miller, but soon it's going to be Gresham.

Ravens1991 05-24-2010 01:50 PM

Miller w/ a run away...

TACKLE 05-24-2010 01:56 PM

I went with Gresham without any hesitation. He is going to have an immediate impact and his production could be on the same level as the other guys despite him only being a rookie. He may not have the most yards this year but if I'm picking the best TE than I'm picking Gresham. He is going to be a really good player in the league.

Bengals78 05-24-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2182192)
I went with Gresham without any hesitation. He is going to have an immediate impact and his production could be on the same level as the other guys despite him only being a rookie. He may not have the most yards this year but if I'm picking the best TE than I'm picking Gresham. He is going to be a really good player in the league.

Knowing all this...I go with Gresham :p
Can we run a 2 TE setup?

Ravens1991 05-24-2010 02:04 PM

are we getting a full 53 man roster out of this thing?

Hines 05-24-2010 02:05 PM

Just 22 with K and P.

Ravens1991 05-24-2010 02:07 PM

then why are there 3 WRs? Are we not doing a FB?

TACKLE 05-24-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991 (Post 2182205)
then why are there 3 WRs? Are we not doing a FB?

Because its run by Hines and he knew LeRon was a lock so he changed it to 3 WR's. It's a conspiracy. ;)

wonderbredd24 05-24-2010 02:12 PM

I'm going to take the guy who has played a down in the NFL and played at a high level or the guy who has not done anything in the NFL... call me crazy

wonderbredd24 05-24-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2182213)
Because its run by Hines and he knew LeRon was a lock so he changed it to 3 WR's. It's a conspiracy. :D

McClain is a lock? If I want a blocking fullback, I'm taking Lawrence Vickers and I'm not looking back. He's like having a 260lb guard in the backfield

TACKLE 05-24-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2182215)
McClain is a lock? If I want a blocking fullback, I'm taking Lawrence Vickers and I'm not looking back. He's like having a 260lb guard in the backfield

I forgot all about Vickers. He too is a beast. I loved him at Colorado and he's turned out to be one of the better FB's in the league.

Hines 05-24-2010 02:27 PM

I did 3 WRs because it seems like more and more offenses are going towards that. Of course I love the lead FB, but it is what it is.

If it gets out of hand for TE, I'll have LT up by tonight.

coordinator0 05-24-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2182215)
McClain is a lock? If I want a blocking fullback, I'm taking Lawrence Vickers and I'm not looking back. He's like having a 260lb guard in the backfield

I wouldn;t say it'd be a lock, but McClain brings more to the table. He's no slouch in the blocking department either, AND he's a pretty effective power-runner. For the record, I'd rather have a FB over a 3rd WR as well because that seems to be more AFC North-ish but it;s not my poll ;).

wonderbredd24 05-24-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2182228)
I did 3 WRs because it seems like more and more offenses are going towards that. Of course I love the lead FB, but it is what it is.

If it gets out of hand for TE, I'll have LT up by tonight.

If you're building the team from the standpoint of what's best for building an AFC North Team, I'd definitely incorporate a fullback... the AFCN just doesn't boast the quality of quarterback or receiver that other divisions do... we run the football. Go with what you know.

LT - Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
LG - Ben Grubbs, Baltimore Ravens
C - Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns
RG - Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati Bengals
RT - Michael Oher, Baltimore Ravens
TE - Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
FB - Lawrence Vickers, Cleveland Browns
RB - Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens/Cedric Benson, Cincinnati Bengals

And just walk down the field. Hell, we could put Josh Cribbs at quarterback, run the single wing, and still get a ton of yards on the ground.

Hines 05-24-2010 02:43 PM

I might put FB in at the end if everyone wants to. I have no problem with that. It can be a extra position.

BmoreBlackByrdz 05-24-2010 04:08 PM

I voted Heap, but thats the homer in me. It's clearly Heath Miller, he's a great all-around TE who is so underutilized by Pittsburgh.

Hines 05-24-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz (Post 2182353)
I voted Heap, but thats the homer in me. It's clearly Heath Miller, he's a great all-around TE who is so underutilized by Pittsburgh.

Miller was actually targeted a lot last season. He should get a lot more looks in the first four games of the season as well.

Bengals78 05-24-2010 04:19 PM

We all know the real answer is Jordan Shipley

BmoreBlackByrdz 05-24-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2182355)
Miller was actually targeted a lot last season. He should get a lot more looks in the first four games of the season as well.

yeah, I expect the Steelers to lean heavily on Rashard Mendenhall, and when they have to pass, I believe Miller and Ward will be there first 2 reads, and Wallace will be their "Action Jackson" type player either in the slot or the outside opposite of Ward.

Pat Sims 90 05-24-2010 06:35 PM

I voted Miller but it could eventually be Gresham.

terribletowel39 05-24-2010 07:14 PM

It is Miller right now with Gresham not having played a down. But probably before the seasons is over we will probably want to change our answer. Gresham can simply just do more things than Heath athletically.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.