Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC North Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Best OLB (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41567)

Hines 06-16-2010 12:28 PM

Best OLB

Who is the best OLB in the AFCN?

Jakey 06-16-2010 12:58 PM

Lamarr Woodley>James Harrison>Jarett Johnson>Terell Suggs>Matt Roth>Scott Fujta.

imo.

K Train 06-16-2010 01:17 PM

I went harrison.

woodley comes in heavy and starts out the season so slow. hes a phenom in the playoffs (2 sacks a game career i think), but hes not great in coverage, good enough for his size (pushin 275) but harrison is good in coverage, can bump into the middle, puts up better sack numbers despite getting held on every play and forces so many fumbles...not to mention hes the hands down best run defending 34 olb ive ever seen.

hes just more well rounded as a LB than woodley

BmoreBlackByrdz 06-16-2010 02:37 PM

I voted Suggs here, and will vote Woodley for the next one.

Suggs is the all around better "linebacker" but Woodley blows him away as just pure pass rusher. Harrison is a solid mix of both but I'll take the two younger, faster and more athletic guys over him.

Suggs and Woodley.

K Train 06-16-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz (Post 2201809)
but I'll take the two younger, faster and more athletic guys over him.

so i guess youd take timmons and maualuga over ray lewis?

coordinator0 06-16-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2201818)

Ray Lewis is one of the best on-field defensive leaders of our generation, comparing this to Suggs over Harrison is ridiculous.

With that said, I'm going with Woodley.

K Train 06-16-2010 03:34 PM

well i was kind of just messing with him, but his "leadership" is overrated when your a 35 year old MLB, other players grow into leadership roles. i agree that if we are building a team for the future, woodley and suggs should hands down get the nod over harrison, but that means lewis will have no business on the team either

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 06-16-2010 04:32 PM

Ray Lewis leadership is not overrated. He does so much for our team. I'm going Suggs and Woodley

BmoreBlackByrdz 06-16-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2201818)

Well, Ray Lewis is on a whole different dimension than James Harrison.

Plus, Woodley and Suggs have a whole lot more experience than Rey and Timmons.

thenewfeature06 06-16-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2201876)
well i was kind of just messing with him, but his "leadership" is overrated when your a 35 year old MLB, other players grow into leadership roles. i agree that if we are building a team for the future, woodley and suggs should hands down get the nod over harrison, but that means lewis will have no business on the team either

Though I am nor a Steeler fan or Raven fan, the leadership Ray Lewis has provided for that team has been one of the best and if anything getting older is how to be a leader, dudes been in the league, dudes won a sb, veterans are supposed to be the leaders...

DUH

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 06-16-2010 05:19 PM

Ray Lewis is way better than any MLB in our division. You can't compare what he does to anything any other LB does. IMO

bce 06-16-2010 05:41 PM

James harrison right at this moment.

K Train 06-16-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 (Post 2201983)
Though I am nor a Steeler fan or Raven fan, the leadership Ray Lewis has provided for that team has been one of the best and if anything getting older is how to be a leader, dudes been in the league, dudes won a sb, veterans are supposed to be the leaders...

DUH

dude i know hes a good leader, and emotional dude and has had an incredible career....but are you really gonna build a defense around a 35 year old MLB? this isnt an all time AFC north team, this is a right now AFC north team...just sayin

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 06-16-2010 05:57 PM

Is this for years to come or just to make the best team right now. If it's the best team as of now Ray Lewis takes it over everyone.

thenewfeature06 06-16-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2202087)
dude i know hes a good leader, and emotional dude and has had an incredible career....but are you really gonna build a defense around a 35 year old MLB? this isnt an all time AFC north team, this is a right now AFC north team...just sayin

Lol that is why i bolded what I had a problem with bro, obvz not gonna build a team around him now, he could be my LB coach though

wonderbredd24 06-16-2010 06:10 PM

I will take Terrell Suggs... he's far and away the most complete outside linebacker and gives a defense schematic versatility. I also think he'd put up better numbers if he had Woodley opposite him as opposed to a still good, but not as good Jarrett Johnson.

Also, someone let me know when Maualuga does something because I haven't seen it.

coordinator0 06-16-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES (Post 2202091)
Is this for years to come or just to make the best team right now. If it's the best team as of now Ray Lewis takes it over everyone.

I've been voting for the people who are best right now, one that we would field against other divisional All-Star teams.

TACKLE 06-17-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2202087)

What are you saying? Ray is easily the best MLB in the AFC North and for that matter in the entire AFC. Leadership and intangibles aside, his performance on the field has been second to none in this division.

wonderbredd24 06-17-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2202506)
What are you saying? Ray is easily the best MLB in the AFC North and for that matter in the entire AFC. Leadership and intangibles aside, his performance on the field has been second to none in this division.

Not in the entire AFC

Bart Scott
David Harris
Karlos Dansby
Jerod Mayo

K Train 06-17-2010 08:30 AM

he was clearly on a decline and then they drafted ngata and ngata made everyone better...im not saying he wasnt great and that he still doent play at a pretty high level for his age but in the now if were building a team hes a big name more than he is a critical part of the team. best current in the AFC? i doubt that. its not for my disdain for the ravens or ray lewis in general.

prsonally if this were an all AFC type deal id gladly take mayo or dansby over ray at this point in his career.

anyway thats not my point, im certain that ray will win MLB for the division based on name like a pro bowl....but my argument was taking suggs or woodley over harrison when harrison is probably the 2nd best 34 OLB in the league behind ware despite being on the wrong side of 30 as well. its not a big deal, i think woodley and suggs are great players but i just think some are gonna use the youth argument here and not when MLB comes up, i guess thats just how it goes though

K Train 06-17-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2202534)
Not in the entire AFC

Bart Scott
David Harris
Karlos Dansby
Jerod Mayo

i forgot about harris

Ravens1991 06-17-2010 10:18 AM

It is silly to use the age argument IMO, it is for this year only. That means Harrison and Ray should be on the team no question.

Hines 06-17-2010 01:09 PM

If it was for this year, I think Hines would have made the team. It's for now and a few years down the road. I don't know if I have said that in the original poll. If not, I apologize. The team is how I would have envisioned it, though.

Bengalsrocket 06-17-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2202109)
I will take Terrell Suggs... he's far and away the most complete outside linebacker and gives a defense schematic versatility. I also think he'd put up better numbers if he had Woodley opposite him as opposed to a still good, but not as good Jarrett Johnson.

Also, someone let me know when Maualuga does something because I haven't seen it.

Nothing of real value yet, but he tries hard and had some good plays here and there. He's young and pretty raw right now playing on an already fairly talented defense so it was pretty much expected that he wouldn't be a star right away.

Give him some more time under Zimmer to develop. He's got a lot going for him, even if he didn't throw it all together in his rookie season.

Hines 06-17-2010 06:30 PM

Just a heads up, I'll be gone this weekend, so I won't put up the other OLB untill Sunday night/Monday.