Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Which Top 10 college team will drop out of the top 10 first this football season? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41916)

GatorBait 07-19-2010 02:25 AM

Which Top 10 college team will drop out of the top 10 first this football season?
 
Which college football team will be the first to drop out of the top 10 this season? USC, LSU, West Virginia, Louisville, Texas, Oklahoma, or some other team.

dannyz 07-19-2010 02:37 AM

Boise ST. VT will Destroy them.

SickwithIt1010 07-19-2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyz (Post 2233402)
Boise ST. VT will Destroy them.

doubt it!!!

yo123 07-19-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorBait (Post 2233398)
Louisville


Wait. What?

Michigan 07-19-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorBait (Post 2233398)
Which college football team will be the first to drop out of the top 10 this season? USC, LSU, West Virginia, Louisville, Texas, Oklahoma, or some other team.

*chuckle* ..

edit-
Quote:

Louisville
huh?

wonderbredd24 07-19-2010 08:45 AM

Virginia Tech is a yearly dissapointment and Boise State with Chris Petersen leading them are going to start VTech with yet another season at 0-1

tjsunstein 07-19-2010 09:02 AM

Aside from Va. Tech and Boise St., my guess would be Oregon if they're rated that high.

Cigaro 07-19-2010 11:03 AM

Virginia Tech.

RealityCheck 07-19-2010 11:10 AM

Louisville is Top 10? Hell, I wouldn't put them in the Top 100 right now.

LizardState 07-19-2010 04:32 PM

Boise St.

Away from that weird blue field that gives opponents the flibbertygibbets I don't think they can win.

RealityCheck 07-19-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2234008)
Boise St.

Away from that weird blue field that gives opponents the flibbertygibbets I don't think they can win.

1 - I love that word.
2 - I can't think of one team that can beat BSU this year.

Shane P. Hallam 07-19-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2234011)
1 - I love that word.
2 - I can't think of one team that can beat BSU this year.

I can think of at least 10, if not more.

Let's use Phil Steele's Top 10, shall we?

10. Oregon

9. Miami

8. USC

7. Florida

6. Boise State

5. Nebraska

4. TCU

3. Alabama

2. Ohio State

1. Oklahoma


The obvious answer here is whoever you think loses the OSU/Miami match-up. I'll be the homer and say Miami.

RealityCheck 07-19-2010 06:33 PM

I say Miami beats OSU for some reason.

keylime_5 07-19-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2234111)
The obvious answer here is whoever you think loses the OSU/Miami match-up. I'll be the realist and say Miami.

that's more like it


Phil Steele's predictions are interesting btw. Oklahoma #1? Oklahoma hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000 even when they have had great teams who were definitely supposed to go undefeated in the regular season. This year I think it's more likely they lose 3 games than they even make the title game. Lot of people still giving Oregon love despite losing their QB, but I guess their backup QB isn't bad.

Sniper 07-19-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2234136)
I say Miami beats OSU for some reason.

That reason being that it would be TOTALLY AWESOME!

Make it happen, 'Canes.

nrk 07-20-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2234144)
that's more like it


Phil Steele's predictions are interesting btw. Oklahoma #1? Oklahoma hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000 even when they have had great teams who were definitely supposed to go undefeated in the regular season. This year I think it's more likely they lose 3 games than they even make the title game. Lot of people still giving Oregon love despite losing their QB, but I guess their backup QB isn't bad.

lol what? In 2000 we started off the season ranked 19, the first time we were ranked in like 5 years. We came out of nowhere. We definitely weren't a team to bet on.

I also agree OU shouldn't be #1, however.

HindSight 07-21-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2234148)
That reason being that it would be TOTALLY AWESOME!

Make it happen, 'Canes.

you're doing it wrong. how can you talk crap to VTech fans if the Big Ten loses to the ACC?

keylime_5 07-21-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrk (Post 2235375)
lol what? In 2000 we started off the season ranked 19, the first time we were ranked in like 5 years. We came out of nowhere. We definitely weren't a team to bet on.

I also agree OU shouldn't be #1, however.

that's why I said since 2000, not "other than 2000." Point being that ever since their national title they have disappointed in big game.s

thenewfeature06 07-21-2010 09:10 AM

First of all Phil Steele isssssssssss...? OU at 1 is melting my brain but if someone was to drop out of that top 10, my first thought looking at everybodys first couple games was Boise will be out only because they play week 1. I really don't see the U winning at the shoe. On another note I think Oregon loses in week 2 at Tennessee.

nrk 07-21-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2236456)
that's why I said since 2000, not "other than 2000." Point being that ever since their national title they have disappointed in big game.s

I guess you missed my point.

You said:
Quote:

hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000
You implied we were a good bet in 2000 when we won, when we were far from it.

JRTPlaya21 07-21-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2233457)
Virginia Tech is a yearly dissapointment and Boise State with Chris Petersen leading them are going to start VTech with yet another season at 0-1

Yearly dissapointment? That would be Ohio State :)

LizardState 07-21-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2234144)
that's more like it

Phil Steele's predictions are interesting btw. Oklahoma #1? Oklahoma hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000 even when they have had great teams who were definitely supposed to go undefeated in the regular season. This year I think it's more likely they lose 3 games than they even make the title game. Lot of people still giving Oregon love despite losing their QB, but I guess their backup QB isn't bad.

I bought the Steele mag too. Amazing how he spends most of the ink on self promoting his past good teams/rising teams predictions from 5 ******* yrs. ago. He's been a d-bag for yrs. now.

About Oklahoma, they got lost in all the hoopla about the Big 12 breaking up. They have excellent recruiting & a potent offense, lost a lot of talent but reloaded. I think they will be a BCS contender if they beat Texas in October, they play Fla. St. on Sept. 11, the rest of their schedule is pretty wussy.

Maybe Steele is basing his #1 prediction on the fact they don't play Nebraska.

jrdrylie 07-21-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2236883)
Yearly dissapointment? That would be Ohio State :)

Ohio State as disappointment? Since Jim Tressel became the coach, Ohio state has averaged over 10 wins and 6.5 conference wins per season. They won a national championship. They have been to two others. They have won 6 conference championships, including 5 in a row. They have been to a bowl every season, including 7 BCS games.

Can you name a team that wouldn't switch resumes with Ohio State over the same period? Maybe Florida and LSU, because they have multiple championships. Maybe USC, but probably not now that they are on probation. Other than that, there isn't another team that can match what Ohio State has done this decade.

JRTPlaya21 07-21-2010 05:17 PM

That is why there is a smiley face in there sir... I just found it funny how he called VT that when VT is one of 3 teams with 10 wins or more the past 6 season. Not to mention they have won the ACC title 3 times since being invited into the league. Oh yeah they have also won an Orange Bowl and lost a Sugar & Orange Bowl as well. So pretty much all they need is a National Title and things will be golden. And I poked fun at how they had lost 3 straight BCS games until beating Oregon this past season.

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2237002)
That is why there is a smiley face in there sir... I just found it funny how he called VT that when VT is one of 3 teams with 10 wins or more the past 6 season. Not to mention they have won the ACC title 3 times since being invited into the league. Oh yeah they have also won an Orange Bowl and lost a Sugar & Orange Bowl as well. So pretty much all they need is a National Title and things will be golden. And I poked fun at how they had lost 3 straight BCS games until beating Oregon this past season.

The only thing golden about VT is the shower Michael Vick gave to a bunch of dog corpses.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.