Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2010 Pac 10 Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42523)

soybean 09-04-2010 03:53 PM

2010 Pac 10 Thread

Oregon looks F***ing good.

I also think this is a qb's conference.

Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.

This is gonna be a rough year for USC especially since their defense is terrible.

mellojello 09-04-2010 04:49 PM

Widely regarded as the 8th or 9th team in the pac 10, Cal it definitly under the radar this year. I'm willing to bet a lot of money they finish better then where they're projected, but yes, it's going to be rough in the Pac 10 this year.

I love how Oregon plugs any RB into that offense and the guy ends up a stud.

mellojello 09-04-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 2279058)
I also think this is a qb's conference.

Nick Foles, Barkley, Luck and Locker.

There's some big names at the QB position, but I always check the defense and running game first.

princefielder28 09-04-2010 07:49 PM

add Katz to the QB list

LizardState 09-05-2010 01:02 PM

Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head -- 1st game suicide jitters, not on the same pg. The Rogers brothers did their NFL audition, maybe b/c they're next to padded giants but they looked more 5-7 than 5-9.

Jaquizz was being called the Next DeSean Jackson but he might actually be smaller, hard to imagine a flea-sized RB like him getting it done at RB between the tackles in the NFL. He could be drafted as a KR exclusively

mellojello 09-05-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2280143)
Oregon St. showed they belong in the top 20 but blew their comeback on the center snap over Katz' head

Yeah, I felt totally cheated watching that game. I hung in there waiting for the miracle comeback.

True freshman WR at Cal you're going to hear more about is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0PyQB7Blxc

619 09-05-2010 07:26 PM

If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)

mellojello 09-05-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 2280547)
If ppl want to heavily criticize SC for a horrid defensive display, that's fine. But let's not forget the equally awful performance put on by the UCLA front seven (aside from Ayers), who apparently haven't visited a tackling clinic lately, either. Sorry, I'm a bitter Trojans fan, but I felt the urge to point this out. :)

Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.

619 09-05-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellojello (Post 2280558)
Ha, you're BITTER? SC is coming off one of the most incredible runs in college football history. Cal, despite all the talent that has come and gone in Tedford's era, along with the rest of the Pac 10 has been completely overshadowed by SC for almost a decade. Things at SC will never be the same, but you've got no reason to be bitter.

Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

I suppose I see things differently here.

mellojello 09-05-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 2280571)
Having experienced such astronomical levels of success leaves me very much reason to be bitter and let down by subpar performances like the one we witnessed Thursday. That's what great programs do, they don't settle for mediocrity. Of course, I comprehend the fact that we will probably never hit the same highs as before, but that certainly shouldn't subject/downgrade our standards to anything less than a national championship, when eligible.

I suppose I see things differently here.

I'm a Laker fan too, so I completely get it. When the Lakers don't compete for championships, I simply don't watch. SC isn't playing with a full deck of cards anymore, so despite the optimism from SC leadership, things are likely to get worse than better in the near term. From a national perspective, I think there was a misconception about SC football, with all the 5 star RB's and offensive players that SC recruited. During SC's run, it was the defense that was always most impressive to me. But I agree, that win against Hawaii was simply not good enough for SC standards. As for UCLA, they have gotten beaten up with injuries before the season even started and it's not going to be a pretty season for them.

Paranoidmoonduck 09-09-2010 11:21 PM

mellojello 09-13-2010 02:04 PM

Oregon looks good

SC - man, I can't help but think that as soon as they lose a game, the wheels are going to come flying off...

Stanford - they look pretty good, but I can't stand Jim Harbaugh. I'm waiting for him to get knocked off his high horse again.

Arizona - they may actually be for real, finally

UCLA looks terrible.

Cal - underrated, you'll see. People got off the bandwaggon a little too soon.

Washington - TBD

niel89 09-14-2010 03:36 AM

I like what Stanford is doing, but the run game is just not there yet. They have the talent but they need to gel still.

I'd honestly say that the Pac 10 is wide open still. A lot of these teams look pretty good.

LizardState 09-19-2010 10:59 AM

Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.

Babylon 09-19-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2299284)
Cal got shocked by the Nevada Wolfpack's pistol, without all Conference LB Mike Mohamed they were defensively unmanned. And the Wolfpack had them with a team speed advantage too.

Congrats to UCLA, after getting blown out by Andrew Luck & Stanford 35-0 they put 31 on Houston & upset the Cougars. Neuheisel is bringing them back but they had soooooo many preseason injuries to overcome.

It was a pretty good day for the Pac-10 with a near miss by ASU at Wisconsin then wins by UCLA,USC, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon ST........too bad they stink up in the state of Washington.

SickwithIt1010 09-19-2010 02:03 PM

Just a question i was wondering about....but if USC were to somehow win the Pac 10, would the 2nd place team get the bid to the Rose Bowl or would they just give it to the next best team in the BCS Poll?

jballa838 09-19-2010 04:40 PM

I'd go to the number two if they are BCS qualified. I guess they could just put Boise there if need be.

BuddyCHRIST 09-19-2010 11:39 PM

Stanford sure is impressive, regardless of the competition its still ridiculous the way they are beating people. Its amazing what Harbaugh has done with that program.

summond822 09-19-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2299873)
Just a question i was wondering about....but if USC were to somehow win the Pac 10, would the 2nd place team get the bid to the Rose Bowl or would they just give it to the next best team in the BCS Poll?

I think the bigger question is what if Oregon goes to the BCS title game and USC is second?

Do I think it's going to happen? Hell no, but while we're playing hypothetical, this one seems more fun.

fenikz 09-20-2010 12:20 AM

Vontaze Burfict is the best LB in the country

jballa838 09-20-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 2301690)
Vontaze Burfict is the best LB in the country

I remember like 5 cheap shots during the UW-ASU game last year. Great players don't need to facemask people.

soybean 09-20-2010 01:27 AM

dirty, dirty player...

with that being said...

We (USC) would have gladly taken that dirtbag off your hands...

fenikz 09-20-2010 01:49 AM

oh no doubt, he is a mean son of a *****

iworshipbender 09-20-2010 02:55 AM

The ASU game worries me less than it should next week. It may be the way Oregon is putting points up or it may be ASU's terrible, terrible offensive line... But I just can't worry about this game next week even though it's in Tempe.

mellojello 09-20-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2299284)

Hats off to Nevada. That offense is completely confusing, but Cal has always struggled against dual threat QB's and on the road.

UCLA is so unpredictable. Just when you think they aren't going to win any games, they pull this off. So typical for them...