Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recruiting (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Recruiting Busts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43008)

djp 09-29-2010 04:46 PM

Recruiting Busts

Discuss your finest recruiting busts here.

Miami : Bryce and Arthur Brown.. these guys are clowns. Arthur simply could not understand any type of defensive scheme and by all accounts was extremely soft. Bryce never even attended Miami but the circus this guy brought was just ridiculous.

BRAVEHEART 09-29-2010 04:54 PM

Bryce isn't a bust. Arthur yeah, but Bryce will and has contributed when he was on the field. Both are very athletic, but one of them plays a posistion where there isn't much thinking.

djp 09-29-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART (Post 2315186)
Bryce isn't a bust. Arthur yeah, but Bryce will and has contributed when he was on the field. Both are very athletic, but one of them plays a posistion where there isn't much thinking.

For a guy rated #1 overall in his class, he was/is a bust.

TACKLE 09-29-2010 05:08 PM

Darrell Scott is the first guy to come to mind.

shylo3716 09-29-2010 05:17 PM

From my school Da "U" our biggest bust was none other then Ryan Moore himself. Coming out of HS he was rated the #1 overall WR in the 02' class. Throughout his 4 years with us, he did not make a name for himself at all on the college level. My expectations for Ryan were real high especially by him being rated #1, he did not even get his name called in the 07' draft. Where is the once big time WR at now?

keylime_5 09-29-2010 05:36 PM

Mike D'Andrea. Jamario O'Neal. Connor Smith.

JoeJoeBrown 09-29-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2315215)
From my school Da "U" our biggest bust was none other then Ryan Moore himself. Coming out of HS he was rated the #1 overall WR in the 02' class. Throughout his 4 years with us, he did not make a name for himself at all on the college level. My expectations for Ryan were real high especially by him being rated #1, he did not even get his name called in the 07' draft. Where is the once big time WR at now?

Did they teach you how to use the bold button while you attended Da U?

Epic bust = Ryan Perrlithug. Sabotaged UT and LSU.

Medium bust = Chris Simms

Average bust = Jermaine O'Neal

shylo3716 09-29-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2315233)
Did they teach you how to use the bold button while you attended Da U?
Epic bust = Ryan Perrlithug. Sabotaged UT and LSU.

Medium bust = Chris Simms

Average bust = Jermaine O'Neal

Lol I did not go there that's just my squad.

JoeJoeBrown 09-29-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2315252)
Lol I did not go there that's just my squad.

I figured not, but I had to joke about the bold :)

OneToughGame 09-29-2010 06:45 PM

Kavario Middleton. Matthew Tuiasosopo.

RealityCheck 09-29-2010 06:55 PM

Marvin Austin could be considered a bust, since he's never produced what we expected.

BuddyCHRIST 09-29-2010 07:14 PM

This list is so lengthy, FSU has had a number of high recruits who never make it on campus and then flunk out of JC. But some guys who actually made it...

Lorenzo Booker was the number 1 recruit when he came out, he was suppose to be Reggie Bush before Reggie Bush. He ended up just being average and I always felt like he should have been moved to WR. He would fall down if you breathed on him.

Xavier Lee was too dumb and lazy to do anything at FSU besides party. He had a couple moments where he looked like the truth (come back against Alabama), but his work ethic was sooo poor and his 4th year in the program he still didn't know the playbook.

Fred Rouse was suppose to be the next Randy Moss, and looked promising early. But alas he had a terrible head on his shoulders, was kicked out of FSU, went to UTEP. Sucks, was arrested after he left and then tried to trash the program for "steering football players toward easier majors." Ass clown.

Don Vito 09-29-2010 07:17 PM

Brent Schaeffer, Tig Barksdale, Chris Strong, Patrick Patterson, Raymond Cotton, Craig Drummond, Ronald McLendon, Rishaw Johnson, Robert Lane...

Too many to name for Ole Miss.

P-L 09-29-2010 07:19 PM

Kelly Baraka was a massive bust, but I didn't follow recruiting at that time so it wasn't devastating to me. Boubacar Cissoko, Kevin Grady, and Marques Slocum all also failed to live up to the hype.

JoeJoeBrown 09-29-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-L (Post 2315365)
Kelly Baraka was a massive bust, but I didn't follow recruiting at that time so it wasn't devastating to me. Boubacar Cissoko, Kevin Grady, and Marques Slocum all also failed to live up to the hype.

Boubacar out-thugged MoC, which is impressive.

JRTPlaya21 09-29-2010 07:50 PM

Let's see. How about Willie Williams, Rhett Bomar, Callahan Bright, Melvin Alaeze & Lance Leggett to name a few.

Halsey 09-29-2010 08:10 PM

It feels like 90% players UGA have brought in the past few years have not played up to their recruiting hype.

shylo3716 09-29-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2315361)
This list is so lengthy, FSU has had a number of high recruits who never make it on campus and then flunk out of JC. But some guys who actually made it...

Lorenzo Booker was the number 1 recruit when he came out, he was suppose to be Reggie Bush before Reggie Bush. He ended up just being average and I always felt like he should have been moved to WR. He would fall down if you breathed on him.

Xavier Lee was too dumb and lazy to do anything at FSU besides party. He had a couple moments where he looked like the truth (come back against Alabama), but his work ethic was sooo poor and his 4th year in the program he still didn't know the playbook.

Fred Rouse was suppose to be the next Randy Moss, and looked promising early. But alas he had a terrible head on his shoulders, was kicked out of FSU, went to UTEP. Sucks, was arrested after he left and then tried to trash the program for "steering football players toward easier majors." Ass clown.

I can't believe Lee was there for 4 years, & could not grasp the knowledge of knowing the playbook. What a waste of TALENT.

I remember when Rouse was on OTL snitching on everyone in the FSU program. He even told how Cromartie had a lack of reading skills, & did not do anything in class but lay his head down on the desk.

SeanTaylorRIP 09-29-2010 08:24 PM

From UVA Michael Johnson. Running back with reported 4.2 speed. Had offer from Miami, Alabama, just about everything. Never did anything other than a few returns.

CashmoneyDrew 09-29-2010 08:35 PM

Soooo many Vols players.

SeanTaylorRIP 09-29-2010 08:43 PM

It's understandble for high end programs to have a high bust rates because every recruting class they have is filled with 3+ star recruits and high competition but someone like Darrell Scott is a true bust because he was an elite prospect going to a smaller program.

Todd Bertuzzi 09-29-2010 08:52 PM

Logan Heastie

shylo3716 09-29-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi (Post 2315466)
Logan Heastie

Where is Logan now, he's from my hometown?

MiWolves 09-29-2010 08:58 PM

My name is shylo3716 and the bold button is my friend.

JoeJoeBrown 09-29-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiWolves (Post 2315477)
My name is shylo3716 and the bold button is my friend.

LOLZ OMG HE SHOOD CAPS EVERYTHING TOO!!! XTRA IMPORTANTZ!!!