Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 6 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43061)

draftguru151 10-04-2010 11:22 AM

College Gameday Thread: Week 6

Discuss all week 6 games.

Troy/Mid Tenn on Tuesday. UAB/UCF Wednesday. Nebraska/KSU Thursday. UConn/Rutgers on Friday. Hooooooray weekday football.

Some big games this week. BC/NC State, Indiana/OSU and Tenn/UGA are the early games (bleh). Bama @ SCar, Sparty @ Michigan, Arky vs TAMU and Clemson @ UNC are the afternoon games. LSU @ UF and FSU @ Miami should have the state rocking late. USC/Stanford is also a solid late match up.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/6

wonderbredd24 10-04-2010 11:32 AM

It is really difficult to predict anything with this Michigan-Michigan State game.

Are either of these teams legitimate? Hard to say honestly.

Luck v. USC should be fun

thenewfeature06 10-04-2010 11:36 AM

I am pretty sure we have Clemson at home...

but I don't see us winning even though Deunta Williams will be back.

Smooth Criminal 10-04-2010 11:39 AM

I'm excited to see Michigan and Michigan State. Hard to get a read on michigan state after they barely beat Notre Dame and then go on to beat Wisconsin.

It's gonna be a huge win for one of those teams.

RealityCheck 10-04-2010 12:23 PM

We have a chance against Clemson. It's at home and we played really, really well against ECU.

P-L 10-04-2010 12:27 PM

I think Michigan/Michigan State is going to be a "the last team to have the ball wins" game.

M.O.T.H. 10-04-2010 02:31 PM

SCAR is bound to get ROLLED...glad we got two weeks to prepare, at least. I dont think it will matter.

hawkeye123 10-04-2010 02:35 PM

Can't wait to see Stanford smash USC again.

Giantsfan1080 10-04-2010 02:36 PM

I'm hoping Rutgers bounces back in a huge way to start off Big East play.

RealityCheck 10-04-2010 03:31 PM

I'm totally rooting for SCar. I mean, they are a talented team and may have a serious shot.

thenewfeature06 10-04-2010 04:08 PM

Yeah SCAR has one of the best teams they have had in awile I think, I am not saying they will win by any means but I can see something like..

31-17 Bama (respectable)

Sniper 10-04-2010 05:32 PM

Denard Robinson...that is all.

critesy 10-04-2010 06:15 PM

auburn has a big game @ kentucky, see if they can rebound from a loss last year vs them.

NotRickJames 10-05-2010 05:08 PM

I'll be watching Troy vs. Middle Tennessee State tonight. Can a draft guru school me on anyone I should keep an eye on in this game, even a prospect who could be taken as late as the seventh round?

Shane P. Hallam 10-05-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotRickJames (Post 2323358)
I'll be watching Troy vs. Middle Tennessee State tonight. Can a draft guru school me on anyone I should keep an eye on in this game, even a prospect who could be taken as late as the seventh round?

One name, Jerrel Jernigan.

lowlife 10-05-2010 08:07 PM

Bye week before The Denards.

Seeing him against semi decent defensive talent like Greg Jones and Jerel Worthy will be interesting. It will either give me conviction going into next week or night terrors and a return to heavy drinking heavily.

keylime_5 10-05-2010 08:12 PM

Michigan State/Wisconsin is usually a crazy game and last week it was again. MSU/UM is always a crazy game too (especially since Dantonio has been coach) I think that one is back and forth and very close.

iowatreat54 10-05-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlife (Post 2323613)
Bye week before The Denards.

Seeing him against semi decent defensive talent like Greg Jones and Jerel Worthy will be interesting. It will either give me conviction going into next week or night terrors and a return to heavy drinking heavily.

Cheers. I won't be able to sleep all next week. Heavy drinking will dull my senses enough, I hope. Thank god it's a 230 start.

RealityCheck 10-05-2010 08:39 PM

Tune in to ESPN2 now for The Jerrel Jernigan Show.

LetsGoGiants! 10-05-2010 08:44 PM

Can't wait for LSU vs FU. Gonna be a great game. Hope Lee starts instead of Jefferson.

Brent 10-05-2010 09:53 PM

Arkansas is going to rape us, Jerramy Stevens-esque, too.

LizardState 10-06-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2323619)
MSU/UM is always a crazy game too (especially since Dantonio has been coach) I think that one is back and forth and very close.

Hasn't MSU beaten Michigan like 4 out of the last 5 yrs? And the Spartans never matched up with the Wolverines talent wise.

They could do a Win One for the Gipper type rally for D'Antonio. Never underestimate the power of the hospitalized/near death experience for a team member for a Gipperesque win in college FB....

Coming off the big game hoopla with Florida, the Crimson Tide could be going into South Carolina for a hangover trap game. You could see Steve Superior smirking in his press conference Tuesday, & doing a knobslobber all over the Tide & its fearsome reputation, "we're so honored to have them come in here..."

What crap, I've heard it before from him & not buying it. He's still a Gator at heart & the alligator is an ambush predator (LizardState knows his SEC reptiles). Saban & Smart will keep one eye each on Alshon Jeffrey, he & Lattimore are the keys if they're gong to pull off the upset & burn Bama, Garcia isn't as scary as they say, his receivers make him look better than he is. And I don't think they can block Dareus, who is better than most 100% pass rushers with a bad ankle. I think Coach Superior will mix it up & move Garcia around to buy time but if they fall behind early & have to pass playing catchup vs. a young but Saban-coached secondary it could be another Bama pick party.

Sniper 10-06-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2324332)
Hasn't MSU beaten Michigan like 4 out of the last 5 yrs?

No, not even close. Michigan won the previous six games before MSU's mini-streak of two.

iowatreat54 10-06-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2324344)
No, not even close. Michigan won the previous six games before MSU's mini-streak of two.

And prior to that 6 game win streak I believe was a completely brilliant play call of Jeff Smoker to TJ Duckett. Oh, and there was absolutely no home field advantage in the last seconds for that game either......

Sniper 10-06-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 2324426)
And prior to that 6 game win streak I believe was a completely brilliant play call of Jeff Smoker to TJ Duckett. Oh, and there was absolutely no home field advantage in the last seconds for that game either......

*grumblegrumble* Spartan Bob *grumblegrumble*

I wish I could somehow spend a day inside LizardState's head, just observing stuff. That's got to be a fascinating place.