Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 7 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43345)

Hines 10-20-2010 09:35 AM

Week 7 Discussion Thread

Sunday
Cincinnati @ Atlanta
Washington @ Chicago
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ Carolina
Buffalo @ Baltimore
Philadelphia @ Tennessee
Jacksonville @ Kansas City
Pittsburgh @ Miami
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Arizona @ Seattle
New England @ San Diego
Oakland @ Denver
Minnesota @ Green Bay

Monday
NY Giants @ Dallas

Baby TO usually gives us trouble, but not enough to take over a game. I can see a line similar to what Roddy White got in the first game. I think it'll be a close game, but I see Pittsburgh winning 20-14.

MaxV 10-20-2010 09:39 AM

Solid prime-time matchups this week.

I hope Fox and Cablevision can reach and agreement in time for Sunday games. That's probably wishful thinking on my part.

Go_Eagles77 10-20-2010 09:51 AM

Should be a good game between the eagles and titans. They do seem to have our number though.

Halsey 10-20-2010 09:54 AM

I've been debating this in my head for a few days now: Who would you rather have as your starting QB right now, Manning or Brady. I actually think I'd go Brady. I trust him more in the postseason.

21ST 10-20-2010 10:05 AM

Redskins and bears should be a pretty good game

MaxV 10-20-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 (Post 2343327)
Should be a good game between the eagles and titans. They do seem to have our number though.

Go Eagles!

This week.

Jvig43 10-20-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 2343331)
I've been debating this in my head for a few days now: Who would you rather have as your starting QB right now, Manning or Brady. I actually think I'd go Brady. I trust him more in the postseason.

Please. Dont. Start.This. Again.So tired of the same arguments every time.

killxswitch 10-20-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 2343331)

Halsey 10-20-2010 10:17 AM

I think it's a really interesting debate. They're both playing really well again and they're two of the top 5 QBs I've ever watched. There's a reason people debate 'Manning vs Brady' all the time.

killxswitch 10-20-2010 10:20 AM

Has anyone taken a good look at Miami's schedule? Starting in week two and ending in week 11 these are/have been their opponents:

@ MIN
NYJ
NE
@ GB
PIT
@ CIN
@ BAL
TEN
CHI

That has got to be the toughest 9 game stretch for any team this season. Pretty incredible they are 3-2. I doubt their chances vs. PIT this Sunday though.

It will be interesting to see how hard-hitting defenses like PIT and TEN handle this first week of prissyball.

yourfavestoner 10-20-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2343358)
Has anyone taken a good look at Miami's schedule? Starting in week two and ending in week 11 these are/have been their opponents:

@ MIN
NYJ
NE
@ GB
PIT
@ CIN
@ BAL
TEN
CHI

That has got to be the toughest 9 game stretch for any team this season. Pretty incredible they are 3-2. I doubt their chances vs. PIT this Sunday though.

It will be interesting to see how hard-hitting defenses like PIT and TEN handle this first week of prissyball.

Yeah, that's ****** tough. They might be on the outside looking in come December.

Miami is such an enigma to me.

And Hasley, no Manning v. Brady. Please. We can revisit the top quarterback discussion after the season is over, I won't make it through the season if we do it every three weeks.

draftguru151 10-20-2010 10:48 AM

Dolphins have @Oakland/Cleveland/Detroit/Buffalo late in the season, if they go 2-3 over the next 5 (Cincy/Tenn/Chi are all very winnable), they'll have the 2 games against the Jets and Pats possibly for the division/wild card. 5 of the last 8 at home, could get on a roll late. Crowder came back this week which was huge, Odrick and Jerry should be back soon as well. Henne and Marshall should continue to develop. Next 5 should be interesting though.

vidae 10-20-2010 10:57 AM

I'm hoping the Chiefs stop the losing here with a win over the Jags at home. Arrowhead has once again become a very tough place to play, so I'm hoping the fans can be a factor.

killxswitch 10-20-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2343393)
I'm hoping the Chiefs stop the losing here with a win over the Jags at home. Arrowhead has once again become a very tough place to play, so I'm hoping the fans can be a factor.

I think the Jags will be all the factor you need. They don't have the balance on offense the Texans do and I think the Crennel defense will do a good job of stopping MJD. I don't honestly expect it to be close, Chiefs win by two scores.

yourfavestoner 10-20-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2343393)

I'm with killxswitch. Chiefs are going to blow the Jags out of the water. They're a terrible road team as it is and are going to the biggest homefield advantage stadium in the entire league with Trent ******* Edwards starting at QB.

It's going to be ugly.

holt_bruce81 10-20-2010 12:02 PM

I'm certainly not going to guarantee a victory over the Bucs, The Rams have proven nothing on the road and I think we'll see a different Bucs team from last week. I'm interested to see Danario again and how the Rams use him, I hope they're careful, 15-20 plays a game is fine by me. Also, I hope the Rams don't "take their foot off the pedal" like they did against the Chargers, first half Bradford was on fire, second half Rams only threw the ball seven times and got extrmely Conservative and it almost cost them a win.

Bucs and Panthers the next two weeks for St. Louis, Rams have a chance I repeat A CHANCE to have a 5-3 record going into the bye, who would of thought?

V.I.P 10-20-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2343468)
I'm certainly not going to guarantee a victory over the Bucs, The Rams have proven nothing on the road and I think we'll see a different Bucs team from last week. I'm interested to see Danario again and how the Rams use him, I hope they're careful, 15-20 plays a game is fine by me. Also, I hope the Rams don't "take their foot off the pedal" like they did against the Chargers, first half Bradford was on fire, second half Rams only threw the ball seven times and got extrmely Conservative and it almost cost them a win.

Bucs and Panthers the next two weeks for St. Louis, Rams have a chance I repeat A CHANCE to have a 5-3 record going into the bye, who would of thought?

Don't worry Bradford won't have to do much. Just hand the ball off to Steven Jackson. He'll have a career high on our 31st ranked run d.

vidae 10-20-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2343399)
I think the Jags will be all the factor you need. They don't have the balance on offense the Texans do and I think the Crennel defense will do a good job of stopping MJD. I don't honestly expect it to be close, Chiefs win by two scores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2343409)
I'm with killxswitch. Chiefs are going to blow the Jags out of the water. They're a terrible road team as it is and are going to the biggest homefield advantage stadium in the entire league with Trent ******* Edwards starting at QB.

It's going to be ugly.

We'll see. Any given sunday, right? :)

killxswitch 10-20-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2343473)
We'll see. Any given sunday, right? :)

With the way this season is going nothing would surprise me. But as emotional as Jax seems to be I don't think they will have their next win halfway across the country, possibly in cold weather, against a non-divisional opponent with a new starting QB. Especially when KC just lost twice in a row in close games. They will want a win and they're easily just a better football team than the Jags.

CashmoneyDrew 10-20-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 (Post 2343327)

Seems like we have the NFC's number for whatever reason.

Also, Philly should permanently go back to the Kelly green. So sexy.

Gay Ork Wang 10-20-2010 02:38 PM

any guarantees this week?

Jvig43 10-20-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 2343611)
any guarantees this week?

Buffalo over Baltimore.

Gay Ork Wang 10-20-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 2343617)
Buffalo over Baltimore.

wait what?

Jvig43 10-20-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 2343623)
wait what?

Haha idk just joking around...... Unless it happens.

PackerLegend 10-20-2010 03:29 PM

I hope Brent gets booed like crazy again. If we win only 2 more games this year this better be 1. The other is the rematch in Minnesota. God I ****ing hate the Vikings so much.