Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dallas Clark Done for the Season (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43370)

xxxxxxxx 10-22-2010 01:52 PM

Dallas Clark Done for the Season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

First victim of the superbowl losers curse..

wonderbredd24 10-22-2010 01:53 PM

Don't worry. None of Peyton Manning's weapons are actually any good and someone will step in and automatically be a superstar.

xxxxxxxx 10-22-2010 01:54 PM

Nah, manning blows.

FlyingElvis 10-22-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 2345814)
****, i can't keep the manning fallacies straight anymore...

Shiver 10-22-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingElvis (Post 2345818)

You win, good sir.

MaxV 10-22-2010 03:16 PM

Jacob Tamme has shown flashes. I hope he can step in and play well.

J-Mike88 10-22-2010 03:48 PM

That blow is like the Packers losing J-Mike.
And it looks like Addai may be out for awhile... although not like Grant for the whole year.
Bob Sanders is done for the year too right?

Cross the Packers & the Colts off as Super Bowl teams.... many liked those 2 to make it. Can't predict injuries.

Jvig43 10-22-2010 04:17 PM

Can we keep the packers discussion out of maybe just one thread, we get it they have injuries.

FUNBUNCHER 10-22-2010 04:54 PM

What do the COlts and Packers have in common??

Both got chewed up by the SKins D.

Laron Landry would like to know when he can stop by and sign his cast??

RaiderNation 10-22-2010 05:44 PM

Good thing I didnt accept a trade for him a week ago.

LizardState 10-22-2010 06:08 PM

Sanders & Clark both oi IR = stick the fork in them halfway, they're halfway done.

Houston lost their former MVP MLB for the yr last Sunday, so the AFC South goes to Tennessee.

nepg 10-22-2010 06:25 PM

This is going to be another "Peyton Manning makes ****** players look like gods" event because Tamme is a ******* good receiving TE that the media isn't familiar with. It's so ******* annoying when people try to use Austin Collie as an example of Peyton taking a nobody and turning him into a great receiver....which is ******* ********. His senior season was insane! #1 in receiving yards, yards per game, and 100 yard games #3 for yards per catch and receptions, and #4 in touchdowns. His competition consisted of Maclin, Crabtree, Britt, Dez Bryant, Nicks, Decker, Benn... Yeah, what a ******* nobody!

Asterisks! ******************************

Jvig43 10-22-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 2346032)
don't worry. everyone knows brady is the only quarterback who's never had any help from anyone ever.

And dont you ******* forget it ;)

Halsey 10-22-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2346011)
This is going to be another "Peyton Manning makes ****** players look like gods" event because Tamme is a ******* good receiving TE that the media isn't familiar with. It's so ******* annoying when people try to use Austin Collie as an example of Peyton taking a nobody and turning him into a great receiver....which is ******* ********. His senior season was insane! #1 in receiving yards, yards per game, and 100 yard games #3 for yards per catch and receptions, and #4 in touchdowns. His competition consisted of Maclin, Crabtree, Britt, Dez Bryant, Nicks, Decker, Benn... Yeah, what a ******* nobody!

Wow, and to think that people who just don't like Manning are accused of putting their emotions in front of logic. Where would anyone get that idea!?

Being a good receiver at BYU is proof that Collie is an incredibly talented NFL WR. And Tamme has proven with his 6 career catches that he can make Manning throw incredibly accurate passes.

terribletowel39 10-22-2010 06:55 PM

I just hope this means 13 catches and 230 yard with 3 TD's a game for Pierre Garcon. Yes, a game. Please and thanks.

Brodeur 10-22-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2346011)

Asterisks! ******************************

Yes, college success translates so well to receivers in the NFL. How's Mike Hass doing these days anyway?

wonderbredd24 10-22-2010 07:29 PM

Someone's gonna have to explain why losing Bob Sanders has any bearing on the Colts success?

It seems like anything they get from Sanders is considered a bonus

RealityCheck 10-22-2010 07:44 PM

So there go 3 wins for the Colts.

nepg 10-22-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 2346039)
Wow, and to think that people who just don't like Manning are accused of putting their emotions in front of logic. Where would anyone get that idea!?

Being a good receiver at BYU is proof that Collie is an incredibly talented NFL WR. And Tamme has proven with his 6 career catches that he can make Manning throw incredibly accurate passes.

"Good" receiver? Being a great receiver anywhere should warrant more respect than a "nobody" label who "came out of no where" label in the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2346096)
Yes, college success translates so well to receivers in the NFL. How's Mike Hass doing these days anyway?

That's a backwards argument. People treat Collie as if there's no precedence for his performance other than Peyton Manning. When, actually, Collie is ******* good and always has been. College success should garner more respect than what's been granted to Collie.

BeerBaron 10-22-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2346059)
I just hope this means 13 catches and 230 yard with 3 TD's a game for Pierre Garcon. Yes, a game. Please and thanks.

Also included are the 12 drops per game he would have as well as the 8 or so routes he went the wrong way on, all leading to about 25 or so chewings out from Peyton.

terribletowel39 10-22-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2346118)
Also included are the 12 drops per game he would have as well as the 8 or so routes he went the wrong way on, all leading to about 25 or so chewings out from Peyton.

Haha, well luckily in fantasy my stat line >>>> your stat line and would almost surely give me a W. Although I do love seeing Manning chew out one of his recievers.

BeerBaron 10-22-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2346128)
Haha, well luckily in fantasy my stat line >>>> your stat line and would almost surely give me a W. Although I do love seeing Manning chew out one of his recievers.

Good for your fantasy team, bad for the Colts....

RagingColt 10-22-2010 08:12 PM

Yes, this sucks that Clark is lost for the year. For the record Bobzilla isn't on IR, it's thought he might be back in December but as a Colts fan, I doubt that. Tamme should take over most of the snaps that went to Clark with Eldridge and the recently resigned Robinson also figuring into the action. Clark really helped our O, in '06 when he didn't play we went 1-3 I think.

General Zod 10-22-2010 11:24 PM

Other then the fact that Dallas Clark is now on the IR, this thread confuses me....

So you all "don't" think that Dallas Clark is a good TE? And its just Payton that makes him seem good?

TitanHope 10-22-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 2346336)
Other then the fact that Dallas Clark is now on the IR, this thread confuses me....

So you all "don't" think that Dallas Clark is a good TE? And its just Payton that makes him seem good?

I think it's the opposite. I think they're saying Clark is a great TE, but that Peyton will still have success without him, so the pundits will probably slobber on Manning saying it's all him and that you can put whoever you want around him and he'll still be great.