Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 9 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43463)

draftguru151 10-26-2010 03:19 PM

College Gameday Thread: Week 9

Discuss all week 9 games

Boise State plays La Tech at home tonight. Solid ACC matchup Thursday night with FSU vs NC State. WVU plays UCONN Friday night.

Miami/UVA, Okie State/K State, Purdue/Illinois and Tenn/SCAR are the early games. Sparty/Iowa, Mizzou/Nebraska and Florida/Georgia are the big afternoon games. Auburn/Ole Miss, Stanford/Washington, Oregon/USC, OSU/Minnesota and Michigan/Penn State are the late games.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Babylon 10-26-2010 03:40 PM

Oregon at USC, this is probably along with the Quacks playing at OSU in dec. the last time they'll be tested. I dont think the Trojans have the depth on defense to last 4 quarters but if they get a couple of turnovers they could win it.

Stanford at Washington, you get to see the two frontrunners for the top QB spot in Jake Locker and Andrew Luck. The only way this would be fair is if Luck had to wear purple and gold and Locker wears the Cardinal jersey. Nevertheless we can watch both and not have to play with the remote.

hawkeye123 10-26-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2353199)
Oregon at USC, this is probably along with the Quacks playing at OSU in dec. the last time they'll be tested. I dont think the Trojans have the depth on defense to last 4 quarters but if they get a couple of turnovers they could win it.

This..

No one should sleep on USC in this game, Matt Barkely could have a huge game, and if their defense can force some turnovers then Oregon is in trouble. Oregon has also struggled and not looked as dominant when they are on the road.

SickwithIt1010 10-26-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2353299)
This..

No one should sleep on USC in this game, Matt Barkely could have a huge game, and if their defense can force some turnovers then Oregon is in trouble. Oregon has also struggled and not looked as dominant when they are on the road.

USC is clicking on offense and Barkley has been playing as good as any QB in the country right now but they are going to have to keep up with Oregons offense unless their D can pull it together and get 1 or 2 big stops....

....ive said this a couple times....USC does have talent on that D and talent does click every once and a while. We are going to need it to click saturday night haha....

LizardState 10-27-2010 09:34 AM

USC is at home & & has an underrated offense that can score quickly, almost as fast as the Quack Attack with less weapons. Kiffin has a history of getting his teams up for big games, he can rah-rah with the best of them.

This is a classic trap game for Oregon but if they win they can run the rest of the table to the NC game as the Pac 10 has no conference championship game yet.

If the Ducks lose there will be a huge clamor in the media about the #1 curse of the top-ranked team going down 4-5 wks in a row.

wonderbredd24 10-27-2010 09:45 AM

I'm looking forward to Luck @ Locker. Hopefully both guys can light it up... I hope Locker can just get healthy

thenewfeature06 10-27-2010 10:19 AM

UNC plays William & Mary this week! ******* hugeeeeeee game................

No but I got 20$ on USC with my neighbor, they aren't that juggernaut anymore but alot of people have forgot about them and Barkley is surrounded by some primetime wideouts in Johnson and Ausberry. Lets see if the Ducks can d up on a real team.

SickwithIt1010 10-27-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 (Post 2354235)
UNC plays William & Mary this week! ******* hugeeeeeee game................

No but I got 20$ on USC with my neighbor, they aren't that juggernaut anymore but alot of people have forgot about them and Barkley is surrounded by some primetime wideouts in Johnson and Ausberry. Lets see if the Ducks can d up on a real team.

You forgot about the best one on the team right now....

...ROBERT WOODS!

Babylon 10-27-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2354213)
I'm looking forward to Luck @ Locker. Hopefully both guys can light it up... I hope Locker can just get healthy

Locker and the coaching staff say he's healthy enough. Most guys have something this time of the year but he has been tested in recent weeks for Mono, cracked rib and he's had a deep thigh bruise.

It will also be interesting to see how Luck does throwing down the middle against the Husky swiss cheese defense. He'll have a chance to put some of the rumors to rest that he doesnt get zip on deep balls, those throws will be there all day long.

Sniper 10-27-2010 01:29 PM

Denard is supposedly 100 percent. If you're going to win one more winnable game, Michigan, make it this one.

wonderbredd24 10-27-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2354486)
Locker and the coaching staff say he's healthy enough. Most guys have something this time of the year but he has been tested in recent weeks for Mono, cracked rib and he's had a deep thigh bruise.

It will also be interesting to see how Luck does throwing down the middle against the Husky swiss cheese defense. He'll have a chance to put some of the rumors to rest that he doesnt get zip on deep balls, those throws will be there all day long.

He was clearly slower against Arizona... rarely used his legs and when he did, he was at maybe 50%

And with his sweet blocking, it's not a good situation

draftguru151 10-27-2010 03:53 PM

USCs defense is constantly lost and out of position. If USC wins they need Oregon to beat themselves.

Babylon 10-27-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2354529)
He was clearly slower against Arizona... rarely used his legs and when he did, he was at maybe 50%

And with his sweet blocking, it's not a good situation

They've got two differant starters along the O-line this week, C and RT. Not sure of the number but i'll say the line has probably changed 6 of the 8 weeks this year. My theory is if you move garbage from one side of the house to the other it's still garbage.

Don Vito 10-27-2010 04:07 PM

I am willing to guarantee an Ole Miss victory, and I am a realistic Ole Miss fan. It is what we do. Disappoint and suck all year then have one big win to make people think we are good for a little bit only to suck again and still keep me waiting for our breakout year. It is a cycle.

RealityCheck 10-27-2010 06:29 PM

If we don't score at least 60 this week I'll change my name.

49erNation85 10-27-2010 08:35 PM

Florida VS Georgia any one ? yeah boy ! With Demps and some other players coming back Injury should be an exciting game to watch . GO gators !!

yo123 10-28-2010 12:19 AM

Just keep it within 50 please.

Don Vito 10-28-2010 03:53 PM

Ole Miss Pro-Combats unveiled this weekend I believe against Auburn. Gray on gray, everyone bitches enough for Colonel Reb to go away because he is "racist" and now we are suiting up in our confederate gray uniforms to play Auburn. Sometimes I wonder who really runs our school lol

critesy 10-29-2010 04:19 PM

i like auburn in this game. first, after the lsu game.. i like this offense vs anyone in the country so thats that. and on defense im loving fairley vs your interior. and even though it was lsu the defense has slowly been improving. i think were going to blitz alot more and try to create some confusion with our DC knowing how good our offense is. so hopefully that creates some turnovers and etc.

wicket 10-30-2010 11:17 AM

BS call on UVA iyam

Babylon 10-30-2010 11:47 AM

Jacory Harris got throttled on that last play, let's just hope he gets up.

draftguru151 10-30-2010 11:47 AM

Jacory Harris hurt pretty seriously, slammed his head on the ground after a pretty violent hit.

Babylon 10-30-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2357232)
Jacory Harris hurt pretty seriously, slammed his head on the ground after a pretty violent hit.

Who's the backup?

draftguru151 10-30-2010 11:52 AM

Spencer Whipple, coaches son, but if they think Jacory is out for long freshman Stephen Morris might come in.

Babylon 10-30-2010 11:57 AM

Corey Liuget and Ryan Kerrigan are going to make someone very happy.