Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   James Harrison blames NFL for "my least productive game" (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43509)

wonderbredd24 10-28-2010 12:05 PM

James Harrison blames NFL for "my least productive game"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oductive-game/

There are 2 things that stand out to me about this...

1. He's still crying

2. He's admitting he's not talented enough to adjust to the rule (which was already on the books) and he can't play unless he's going after people's heads

D-Unit 10-28-2010 12:10 PM

Scoring was WAAAAY high this past week. Heck... Even the Raiders put up 59 points.

Jvig43 10-28-2010 12:14 PM

Pssh if you think that your clearly overreacting.......ha

Bengals78 10-28-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2355526)
Scoring was WAAAAY high this past week. Heck... Even the Raiders put up 59 points.

Anomaly.
Not to mention defenses seemed to throw up a lot of points too.

wonderbredd24 10-28-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2355526)

A record was set for the most INTs for TDs in 1 week was set this past week, so...

Complex 10-28-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2355542)
A record was set for the most INTs for TDs in 1 week was set this past week, so...

Raiders scored 59 points with Jason Campbell at QB so i think the new rules had something to do with it.

MetSox17 10-28-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2355548)
Raiders scored 59 points with Jason Campbell at QB so i think the new rules had something to do with it.

Except, Jason Campbell only accounted for 12 of those points.

FlyingElvis 10-28-2010 12:41 PM

Wow, I officially loathe Harrison now. What a baby.

Also . . . lol at anyone using the Broncos poor tackling as evidence that the league's stance caused more scoring. They couldn't tackle prior to the "no illegal hits" push.

BTW - it's not a "new rule" - it's simply the league making the point clear that illegal hits will now draw massive fines & suspensions in order to eradicate them. Crybabies like Harrison can screw. There's no need for intentionally taking a guy's head off.

wonderbredd24 10-28-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

So the Raiders scored 59 points because the Broncos couldn't decapitate them. Got it.

FlyingElvis 10-28-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2355585)
So the Raiders scored 59 points because the Broncos couldn't decapitate them. Got it.

Knock enough fast guys out of the game and eventually you only have to stop slow fullback sized ball carriers.

hockey619 10-28-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingElvis (Post 2355559)
Wow, I officially loathe Harrison now. What a baby.

Also . . . lol at anyone using the Broncos poor tackling as evidence that the league's stance cause more scoring. They couldn't tackle prior to the "no illegal hits" push.

BTW - it's not a "new rule" - it's simply the leauge making the point clear that illegal hits will now draw massive fines & suspensions in order to eradicate them. Crybabies like Harrison can screw. There's no need for intentionally taking a guy's head off.

Legit question:

The downfield contact on WR's rule wasnt new, it was also the league just reinforcing what was already on the books. But people always cut into Polian for that. Why should this be any different?

Idk how to explain what im thinking right now, but i feel like patriots fans usually get all pissy at Polian cause he pushed for that to be enforced so that harrison could finally get free from Law when they played. I feel like its just hypocritical of people idk.

And i like james harrison but he needs to shut the hell up and just crush people legally now. you dont need to lead with your head to wreck some dude, just use good form or if youre like 99% of the league and dont know how to do that then just throw a shoulder into his chest with a head of steam.

Saints-Tigers 10-28-2010 01:38 PM

I don't think he's "Admitting he isn't talented enough" but when you play with reckless abandon, it's hard to be effective when you have to think about where you are going to hit a guy, and process "oh, I need to go low or get fined here"

FlyingElvis 10-28-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey619 (Post 2355612)
Legit question:

The downfield contact on WR's rule wasnt new, it was also the league just reinforcing what was already on the books. But people always cut into Polian for that. Why should this be any different?

Idk how to explain what im thinking right now, but i feel like patriots fans usually get all pissy at Polian cause he pushed for that to be enforced so that harrison could finally get free from Law when they played. I feel like its just hypocritical of people idk.

And i like james harrison but he needs to shut the hell up and just crush people legally now. you dont need to lead with your head to wreck some dude, just use good form or if youre like 99% of the league and dont know how to do that then just throw a shoulder into his chest with a head of steam.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, as I think you're confusing two different issues. Polian pushed for the complete lack of contact on receivers. No hand-checking, bumping, etc. That was/is a PI issue rather than a helmet-to-helmet / defensless receiver issue, and those "Colts" rules were enacted a few years prior to the helmet-to-helmet / defenseless WR rules, iirc.

MetSox17 10-28-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers (Post 2355613)
I don't think he's "Admitting he isn't talented enough" but when you play with reckless abandon, it's hard to be effective when you have to think about where you are going to hit a guy, and process "oh, I need to go low or get fined here"

You don't need idiots like that in the league anyway. When people start playing carelessly, players get hurt. **** this guy if he can't play with skill and instinct.

FlyingElvis 10-28-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2355627)
You don't need idiots like that in the league anyway. When people start playing carelessly, players get hurt. **** this guy if he can't play with skill and instinct.

I agree.

He'll eventually s t f u and play clean, I think. At some point he'll have to recognize there's a difference between lighting a guy up legally and lunging upward w/helmet & forearms at a guy's head. I'm sure when he does it will not be as vocal and obnoxious as his current nonsense, though.

J-Mike88 10-28-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Run DMC did most of the damage in that game.
And Jay Cutler to DeAngelo Hall was responsible for about 28 points alone.

James Harrison is a punk. That's been clearly established by now.

BmoreBlackByrdz 10-28-2010 03:41 PM

James Harrison is such an idiot.

Same guy who refused to go to the White House after the Super Bowl because the President didn't invite all 32 teams.

MetSox17 10-28-2010 04:19 PM

Lol i had forgotten about that. This guy is the biggest moron in the league.

J255979-11nine 10-28-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2355817)
Lol i had forgotten about that. This guy is the biggest moron in the league.

see Channing Crowder

TACKLE 10-28-2010 04:24 PM

His down syndrome is kicking in again.

Gay Ork Wang 10-28-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2355641)
Run DMC did most of the damage in that game.
And Jay Cutler to DeAngelo Hall was responsible for about 28 points alone.

James Harrison is a punk. That's been clearly established by now.

only 7, while brees accounted for 14 ;)

abaddon41_80 10-28-2010 04:43 PM

Cry more, James.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 10-28-2010 05:02 PM

Harrison measures his production in concussions, apparently.

CC.SD 10-28-2010 09:17 PM

The new enforcement of the rule is also why the Chargers suck.

What? You can't prove it's not.

Matthew Jones 10-28-2010 09:41 PM

Breaking news: James Harrison is still an idiot! More at 11!