Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Donovan in D.C. is not Done, $78 million dollar extension (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43544)

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 03:28 PM

Donovan in D.C. is not Done, $78 million dollar extension
 
No way Shanny wants him back and no way Donovan wants back with other teams like Arizona and Minny needing QB's. There is no turning back from this. Taking out Mcnabb when you have the ball down by 5 for Grossman is ridiculous. Forget that Grossman fumbled for a TD on his only play, even if he did lead you to a TD, by putting him in you are ruining any relationship with Mcnabb. Was he good, no, but no one with that protection would. He at least slides in the pocket, that Grossman play shows you everything. So now we need a QB for next year but will have a mid round pick. How sad.

Auron 10-31-2010 03:35 PM

Are you sure he pulled him because of performance? Maybe McNabb was hurting and Shanahan wanted to preserve him the rest of the game? I thought McNabb came into this game with ankle/leg issues.

wonderbredd24 10-31-2010 03:36 PM

Maybe McNabb sucks and the Eagles fleeced the Redskins in that deal

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 03:53 PM

Shanny in his press conference just said that he put in Grossman because Grossman knows the 2 minute offense better aka Grossman and Kyle Shannahan are butt buddies. Shanny also made it clear that it wasn't 2 minutes left it was 1 minute left. Not that it matters but I guess 1:53 in his mind is 1 minute. I don't give a fck if Grossman knows the playbook better you don't take out your starting QB with a chance to win because your backup knows your son better. You don't bench Matt Ryan for Chris Redman because he knows the playbook better. This is ridiculous and Shanny is a complete fcking idiot. It was easy to take his side on the Haynesworth situation because he was being a dick head, but this one is just beyond dumb. The skins had 5 Alex Barron's on the O-line today yet Mcnabb still managed to make some plays. If you don't trust your veteran QB in winning you the game than he shouldn't be your QB anymore.

Hah fcking Shanny is nervous as hell in his press conference. I think he realizes he just fcked up this franchise. WTF did Shanny think, Grossman who's been cold on his ass for 5 years and is going to come in and bomb a TD? Get the Fck out of here.

wonderbredd24 10-31-2010 03:55 PM

I don't take Shanahan's side on the Haynesworth situation... he has taken this thing way too far and should have either moved him, cut him, or use him. What he's doing with Haynesworth now is just ********.

619 10-31-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2358979)
So now we need a QB for next year but will have a mid round pick. How sad.

Gotta love Washington's front office.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 03:59 PM

Our franchise is just a sht hole. Of course the coaches are going to try to pin everything on Mcnabb, but basically what's happening is Kyle Shannahan is doing a sht job playcalling yet no one can say anything because he has his Daddy's protection. WTF kind of playcalling was that. Mcnabb is getting hit within 3 seconds yet all the WR's route depths are 15 yards downfield. The saddest part is Shannahan doesn't give a crap because he knows his future is secure.

Morton 10-31-2010 04:01 PM

Bahahahaha. I knew McNabb would suck in DC.

BEST TRADE THE EAGLES EVER MADE.

I am so glad this clown is finally out of Philly and everyone else can see what a terrible QB he is, and always was.

- Shows no urgency when the game is on the line. Can't run the two-minute drill.

- Constantly overthrows and underthrows receivers, and throws easy completions at the feet of his targets.

- Laughs it off when he makes a bad play that loses the game for the team.

- Generally clueless when it comes to his public image - says dumb stuff all the time

I can rattle off a bunch more, but I don't have time to list the many, many flaws of Donovan McNabb.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morton (Post 2359145)
Bahahahaha. I knew McNabb would suck in DC.

BEST TRADE THE EAGLES EVER MADE.

I am so glad this clown is finally out of Philly and everyone else can see what a terrible QB he is, and always was.

For the record Manning would blow behind this offensive line. Donovan is getting smashed on WR screens, that's pathetic.

wordofi 10-31-2010 04:03 PM

The Washington Redskins will be a disaster until Dan Snyder is no longer the owner. Evidence shows that the teams who do the best are the ones who draft the best. I think the Redskins have the fewest homegrown players in the NFL.

Morton 10-31-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2359159)
For the record Manning would blow behind this offensive line. Donovan is getting smashed on WR screens, that's pathetic.

See, it's easy to shift the blame to the offensive line, and it isn't exactly an elite unit, BUT... after watching McNabb for years in Philly, I can tell you that McNabb holds on to the ball FAR TOO LONG because he is INCAPABLE of throwing into tight windows. He just sits and sits, waiting for a receiver to come wide open, before he launches it, and takes too many unnecessary sacks.

When he was younger (i.e. from 1999-2005), he could compensate for this inability to throw into tight windows by running around and escaping pressure. Sometimes he could even extend the play and turn nothing into something. But those days are LONG GONE. Now that he isn't as mobile as he used to be, he is merely a mediocre pocket passer. A bottom 10 QB.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 04:14 PM

But you can't say a single sack today was his fault. He was getting hit at the bottom of his drop every play. Also it doesn't help when teams double team Moss and our next 2 receivers are Anthony Armstrong and Joey Galloway, two tiny guys who can't box out their defenders and can't catch. Armstrong has been our best receiver, and we picked him up from the extreme football league, for God sakes. Regardless it doesn't rationalize why Grossman would be in there. I was glad he fumbled a TD on his first play, it serves Shanny right.

umphrey 10-31-2010 04:21 PM

I agree. McNabb needs big targets with basketball skills and he has a bunch of dwarfs that require accuracy.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-31-2010 04:38 PM

I really am starting to believe all of the Broncos fans about Shanny. Ok you have Ryan Torrain who's never been healthy in his life yet you suit up 2 RB's only? So what happens Torrain misses the second half and our lone running back if Keiland Williams. How pathetic is that. So if Williams got hurt who would be a RB, Mike Sellers, Brandon Banks, Brian Orakpo? Also another thing to overlook the horrendous coaching is the benching of Derrick Dockery. Firstly he did nothing to get benched, but worst of all is that they haven't even been activating him. He's been in street clothes. All of this while his replacement Corey Litinshieger(sp? I don't give a fck) has been getting blown off the ball on every play. Shanny's ego has just clouded his mind so much. It's almost as if he knew that guys like Devin Thomas, Albert Haynesworth, Derrick Dockery, etc, were Zorn favorites so he's going to try to put in his own favorite guys to prove he's the man.

Gay Ork Wang 10-31-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP (Post 2359159)
For the record Manning would blow behind this offensive line. Donovan is getting smashed on WR screens, that's pathetic.

lol its not the bears oline

FUNBUNCHER 10-31-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morton (Post 2359145)
Bahahahaha. I knew McNabb would suck in DC.

BEST TRADE THE EAGLES EVER MADE.

I am so glad this clown is finally out of Philly and everyone else can see what a terrible QB he is, and always was.

- Shows no urgency when the game is on the line. Can't run the two-minute drill.

- Constantly overthrows and underthrows receivers, and throws easy completions at the feet of his targets.

- Laughs it off when he makes a bad play that loses the game for the team.

- Generally clueless when it comes to his public image - says dumb stuff all the time

I can rattle off a bunch more, but I don't have time to list the many, many flaws of Donovan McNabb.

Let me know the next time the Eagles make it the NFC championship game. Sucky QBs don't grow on trees, especially in Philly.

Morton 10-31-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2359346)
Let me know the next time the Eagles make it the NFC championship game. Sucky QBs don't grow on trees, especially in Philly.

Regardless of whether or not Michael Vick or Kevin Kolb ever take the Eagles to another NFC Championship game, the fact of the matter is that Donovan McNabb is DONE as a quarterback in the NFL. The Eagles were eventually going to end up cutting him anyway, and getting even a 2nd round pick for him was a success.

Go_Eagles77 10-31-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2359346)
Let me know the next time the Eagles make it the NFC championship game. Sucky QBs don't grow on trees, especially in Philly.

Huh? I don't see how that helps your argument, but ok. I feel more confident with Vick and/or Kolb at QB than I did the past 2-3 years with McNabb at QB. They can actually hit receivers when they're wide open which, you know, an NFL QB should be able to do.

LizardState 10-31-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2359110)
I don't take Shanahan's side on the Haynesworth situation... he has taken this thing way too far and should have either moved him, cut him, or use him. What he's doing with Haynesworth now is just ********.

Haynesworth is shamelessly loafing & a pain in the ass nuisance with his huge salary, but they knew what they were getting with him.

No one to blame but the Skins FO there, Shanahan as much as I dislike him on so many levels got handed a ****** ticket with Big Al. For once I have got to agree with you WB, the sooner they get rid of Fat ALbert the better. His next stop s/b retirement, it's not like he can't afford it. Just release him outright & cut your losses, the path of least resistance

Shanahan has that Eastern Illinois connection to Romo & might have been good for as good for Dallas as Wade Phillips has been awful for them. Hell he couldnt be any worse. He needs to get the Skins under control or he will be just another of Snyder's stooges in the turnstile that Redskins HCs have been lately, & that includes Joe Gibbs on his 2nd go-round.

Matthew Jones 10-31-2010 06:49 PM

Colt "We Don't Need A Quarterback, He's Our Future Franchise QB" Brennan is still available. Just saying ;)

Brodeur 10-31-2010 07:17 PM

Fear the power of the Suh.

JRTPlaya21 10-31-2010 07:18 PM

Smh at this damn franchise. I was beyond mad watching this all unfold.

WMD 10-31-2010 07:28 PM

Suh destroyed the Washington Redskins franchise today. It's all because of him.

jayceheathman 10-31-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy (Post 2359796)
Colt "We Don't Need A Quarterback, He's Our Future Franchise QB" Brennan is still available. Just saying ;)

D-Unit would definitely approve of this move.

WMD 10-31-2010 07:44 PM

Redskins can have Shaun Hill for their 2011 Round 1 pick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.