Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oakland Raiders Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43614)

RaiderNation 11-04-2010 12:39 AM

Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders

Might as well make the thread early. Won't make my prediction until Sunday before the game.

Cable is saying Gradkowski will start if healthy, Nnamdi is still up in the air and likely will be a game time decision. I think we will be fine without him if our pass rush can keep it up. We are currently tied for 3rd in the league in sacks with 24.

Black Bolt 11-04-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2365139)
Might as well make the thread early. Won't make my prediction until Sunday before the game.

Cable is saying Gradkowski will start if healthy, Nnamdi is still up in the air and likely will be a game time decision. I think we will be fine without him if our pass rush can keep it up. We are currently tied for 3rd in the league in sacks with 24.

Don't lose site of the backs, keep Castle in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm. We can't afford for the front seven to get out of their rush lanes. McClain and Mitchell have to be stoppers.

RaiderNation 11-04-2010 02:00 PM

Our run defense has been playing great over the past 4 games. We gave up a long run to Frank Gore that made him look like he had a great game nut other than that we have been stopping the run

Black Bolt 11-04-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2365522)
Our run defense has been playing great over the past 4 games. We gave up a long run to Frank Gore that made him look like he had a great game nut other than that we have been stopping the run

But the D line STILL has to prove it can stop sweeps and stretch plays. They absolutely suck at that for some reason.

RaiderNation 11-04-2010 09:12 PM

Campbell named the starter again

Stash 11-04-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2366081)
Campbell named the starter again

Damn, Bruce needs to get healthy because as much as I'd like it we're not gonna blow teams out every week. When we get into a close game where we have to throw to win, Campbell will be exposed.

Black Bolt 11-05-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stash (Post 2366108)
Damn, Bruce needs to get healthy because as much as I'd like it we're not gonna blow teams out every week. When we get into a close game where we have to throw to win, Campbell will be exposed.

Um, hasn't Grad been exposed already? He's a 6 point underdog against a steep staircase. If you want to continue to play musical chairs at the QB spot, make Grad the starter.

_YL_ 11-05-2010 08:05 PM

Officially sold out

RaiderNation 11-05-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _YL_ (Post 2367051)
Officially sold out

Link???????

LookItsAlDavis 11-06-2010 09:17 PM

Bill Williamson reported it on twitter yesterday I think. Anyone know who is calling the game? It would be sweet to have Nantz and Simms do it, that would show the significance of the game. It would be EPIC if Guss Johnson got the call.

vidae 11-06-2010 09:39 PM

I'm pretty sure the game is Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcotts. I really wanted Gus Johnson to do it too. :(

vidae 11-07-2010 01:06 AM

All kidding aside, good luck tomorrow guys. This should be a great game.

Football is just better when the Chiefs and Raiders have meaningful games against each other.

NotRickJames 11-07-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stash (Post 2366108)

I agree. Campbell's been good these past two weeks, but who wouldn't be with Darren McFadden blowing up the Earth?

This team will be better when Grad comes back, should be after the bye. Although if Campbell doesn't screw up this week, it'll be his job.

thebow305 11-07-2010 01:48 AM

Don't mean to troll guys, but seriously.. is Zach Miller gonna man up and play tomorrow!!??

619 11-07-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 2368760)
Don't mean to troll guys, but seriously.. is Zach Miller gonna man up and play tomorrow!!??

Why would we risk further injury with arguably our best offensive player? Foot injuries are usually a tricky deal. Let the man rest this week and next (bye) and then get him back in there at 100% come week 11.

NotRickJames 11-07-2010 01:57 AM

Key to the game - stop the run. Raiders have to force Cassel to beat them through the air.

Wait, I'm starting Jamaal Charles in fantasy this week.

619 11-07-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotRickJames (Post 2368766)
Key to the game - stop the run. Raiders have to force Cassel to beat them through the air.

Wait, I'm starting Jamaal Charles in fantasy this week.

If you're a real fan, bench him. :)

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 02:01 AM

Guy I'm terrified of? Jamaal Charles. I understand that Thomas Jones has been nifty and all, but Charles has been ridiculous this year. He's gotten the 2nd most carries on that team and is still 8th in the league in rushing.

Either way, I'm really excited for the game. I can barely remember the last KC/Oakland game that mattered beyond pride. At any rate, Oakland needs to take a chunk out of KC's division lead now, because the Chiefs aren't going to be greatly tested down the stretch.

NotRickJames 11-07-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 2368769)
If you're a real fan, bench him. :)

Chris Johnson on a bye. Couldn't get Blount. Donald Brown was the best FA available, followed by Hightower. That's how bad the situation was

Let's just say if the Raiders can win while Charles has a big game, it'd be nice. He's my only hope in fantasy this week, especially given me WR bye week woes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck (Post 2368776)
Guy I'm terrified of? Jamaal Charles. I understand that Thomas Jones has been nifty and all, but Charles has been ridiculous this year. He's gotten the 2nd most carries on that team and is still 8th in the league in rushing.

Ya, Gotta be more worried about Charles. He's got the explosive play ability that Jones, while good, lacks.

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 02:08 AM

Not having Nnamdi hurts, but not having Miller hurts more. Heyward-Bey is going to have to have a big game, because there's little else out there that would threaten on a play-action play. Here's hoping Zach somehow makes it onto the field, but I doubt it happens.

A win going into the bye and hopefully getting all those players back from injury would be huge.

619 11-07-2010 02:12 AM

McClain got fined for dragging Forsett down by the back of the helmet? It wasn't even blatant... stupid NFL

NotRickJames 11-07-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 2368785)
McClain got fined for dragging Forsett down by the back of the helmet? It wasn't even blatant... stupid NFL

I loved listening to Lynch rip that. He was right on target.

Stash 11-07-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck (Post 2368781)
Not having Nnamdi hurts, but not having Miller hurts more. Heyward-Bey is going to have to have a big game, because there's little else out there that would threaten on a play-action play. Here's hoping Zach somehow makes it onto the field, but I doubt it happens.

A win going into the bye and hopefully getting all those players back from injury would be huge.

I'd say not having Aso hurts more. I'm not down on Bowe as much as a lot of other fans around the league seem to be. I think he could hurt us big time. Also, I don't think missing Miller will make that big a difference because Campbell rarely throws beyond 5 yards. Anybody can catch a pass in the flats. I know I harp on Campbell a lot, I just hate his game.

NotRickJames 11-07-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stash (Post 2368800)
I'd say not having Aso hurts more. I'm not down on Bowe as much as a lot of other fans around the league seem to be. I think he could hurt us big time. Also, I don't think missing Miller will make that big a difference because Campbell rarely throws beyond 5 yards. Anybody can catch a pass in the flats. I know I harp on Campbell a lot, I just hate his game.

I got to see Campbell all the time since I live in the DC area. When he has to step up, he's miserable. He's a game manager, that's it. He's not clutch and struggles to lead his team to victories. If our running game is struggling, I'm not optimistic Campbell can win the game for the Raiders.

The loss of Aso hurts more, I feel. He'd be covering Bowe, and fact is, who do the Chiefs have outside of Bowe and Moeaki? Not much. Bowe becomes a legitimate target with the real CJ or Routt on him.

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 05:35 AM

If anyone cares to do something a little more communal, there's a joint thread for this game over in the AFC West subforum. Might be kind of nice to have a broader discussion during the game.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...45#post2368845