Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Harvin and Childress get into at practice. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43649)

General Zod 11-06-2010 08:53 AM

Harvin and Childress get into at practice.

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cb...75988/25675611

Of course none of us know what kind of effort Harvin was putting in at practice(but he is injured, right?). I will say that so far this since he has been a Viking, Percy has not got into arguments with teammates and overall seems to be very well liked by everyone.

I also do not question his toughness. Being someone in my own past that had a problem with migraines. That he plays through that pain at times is just unreal to me. Migraines can be excruciating and practicing or playing in a game, or hell being outdoors period seems impossible.

T-RICH49 11-06-2010 09:04 AM

R.i.P Chilly's career as Vikings HC

LizardState 11-06-2010 09:18 AM

Sounds like Harvin would prefer another team next yr. if the migraines don't put him into premature retirement. Left with Hank Baskett as their primary WR? The UDFA who was booted in Philly then fumbled the onsides kick in the last SB? I always thought Peyton saw a weak link there & directed that onside directly at him. Yes that guy, not the best WR to hang your hopes on.

Either Childress is one of those coaches who is in over his head with more troubles than he can handle or he really is terminally dumb, made the wrong move at every turn & now lost his temper with Harvin like he did Moss.

Count the whole Vikes locker room among the things he's lost too. ESPN reported Friday that the reason Moss' waiver was delayed 24 hrs was b/c Zygi was never consulted, that pissed the owner off righteous, & he's still mad enough to fire the HC for cause.

Childress has catapulted himself past Fox as the coach most likely to be fired before the season is over with this Moss mistake. Granted Moss is a complete pain in the ass who exhibited public disloyalty in his lovefest with Bellichick, Brady & the Patriots in their win over his team, but they had to know what they were getting when they got him, after all Moss had been with them before & his public image as an outspoken loudmouth is no secret.

LonghornsLegend 11-06-2010 09:28 AM

I almost have to blame Wolf here, why not fire Chilly when you had the chance, keep Moss, promote Frazier, and alot of these problems were solved. I don't see why he was given another chance when he's obviously gone anyway.

Smooth Criminal 11-06-2010 09:28 AM

There's not a chance in hell he has this job at the end of the year. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone as soon as the playoffs are out of reach, which is gonna be pretty damn soon.

Shane P. Hallam 11-06-2010 09:32 AM

I think Childress would be fine with being fired. That is a nice little payday there after signing an extension.

Smooth Criminal 11-06-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2367510)
I almost have to blame Wolf here, why not fire Chilly when you had the chance, keep Moss, promote Frazier, and alot of these problems were solved. I don't see why he was given another chance when he's obviously gone anyway.

Probably would have been the correct move, but money wise it cost a hell of a lot more to fire the coach then it did to waive Moss.

Gotta wonder why they didn't know what they were getting with Moss ahead of time.

Prowler 11-06-2010 09:36 AM

lol, it definitely is better revenge to keep childress as head coach. let him suffer all year, then fire him after labor situation is resolved.

Splat 11-06-2010 09:47 AM

They should just waive him he doesn't fit...

LonghornsLegend 11-06-2010 09:51 AM

But see from the sounds of things he's not gonna make it through the season anyway without getting fired, at least at that point you could have kept Moss, saved face in the locker room with some of the players, and the situation wouldn't have been nearly as messy. Besides you get a decent amount of time to get a look at Frazier and if you want to promote him from within.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 11-06-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2367513)
I think Childress would be fine with being fired. That is a nice little payday there after signing an extension.

Ziggy could just pull an Al Davis and refuse to pay him.

A Perfect Score 11-06-2010 10:17 AM

I don't blame Harvin. They acquire a deep threat who was allowing Harvin to dominate out of the slot, and then Childress runs him out of town. Everyone knows Moss is a pain in the ass, you knew it when you were getting him. You put up with all that **** because not only can he be a dynamic player, but he was opening up the field for Harvin.

Harvin is a guy I've been really impressed with this season and I've definitely grown into a fan. I was skeptical of him coming out and still worry whether he can stay healthy, but he's been very impressive every time I've seen Minnesota play this year (which is about 4 or 5 times).

bucfan12 11-06-2010 12:16 PM

Harvin has been very productive since the vikings acquired Randy Moss. He has a point that it opened up the offense.

What Brad Childress isn't seeing that the problem wasn't the weapons around Brett Favre, it was Brett Favre himself. Not taking anything away from the guy, he's a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of the best QBs to ever play. But when it's time to hang it up, you have to retire. I honestly got the vibe he didn't want to play this year, but was persuaded by several teammates.

On Childress, I think he is the biggest Hippocrates I've heard of. I still remember how he threatened to fine Adrian Peterson for missing Mini Camp because he was attending "Adrian Peterson Day" in his hometown, yet allows Favre to miss all of training camp. This guy does not deserve to be a head coach at all in this league.

T-RICH49 11-06-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 2367638)
On Childress, I think he is the biggest Hippocrates I've heard of. I still remember how he threatened to fine Adrian Peterson for missing Mini Camp because he was attending "Adrian Peterson Day" in his hometown, yet allows Favre to miss all of training camp. This guy does not deserve to be a head coach at all in this league.

Completely agree

Jvig43 11-06-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 2367523)

Oh god damnit I was just going to post this, haha I seriously thought this before I even read the article.

Job 11-06-2010 02:22 PM

What's a hippocrate? Is it like a hippopotamus-shaped container or something?

MetSox17 11-06-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Job (Post 2367825)

This made me lol.

Also, all the **** coming out of Minnesota is embarrassing. The Cowboys take a lot of heat for being a ****** run franchise, but god damn the Vikings are in absolute shambles right now. At least we have an excuse for losing now.

GB12 11-06-2010 02:35 PM

That's why it's a shame Romo got hurt. Now that will be used as the excuse for the ****** season in Dallas, even though they were sucking dick when he was playing.

eaglesalltheway 11-06-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Damn you Splat, you stole my thunder

Stranger 11-06-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Job (Post 2367825)

yodabear 11-06-2010 02:57 PM

Haha this is just getting plain redonkulous now. C'MON LORD FAVRE, throw a press confrence where u threaten to leave the team unless Chilly gets fired! Chilly will be gone faster than a turkey at the offensive lineman table.

General Zod 11-06-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Im wondering how long Harvin would last on the wavier wire...lol

kalbears13 11-06-2010 03:16 PM

bigbluedefense 11-06-2010 03:26 PM

I don't think a team has hated their HC more than the 2010 Minnesota Vikings. This has to be some kind of record.

Dr. Gonzo 11-06-2010 03:31 PM

I wouldn't mind if even more people on the team came out against Childress. I hate him more than the ******* Packers. Such a douche and a really horrendous coach.