Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC West Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Week 9: Kansas City at Oakland (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43663)

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 04:34 AM

Week 9: Kansas City at Oakland

A thread for fans of both teams to discuss the game together.

vidae 11-07-2010 09:04 AM

Should be a great game. Can't wait.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 11-07-2010 10:10 AM

I just watched this and I have goose bumps!
It's great to have this match-up relevant again.
watch both vids

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...ting-a-rivalry

nepg 11-07-2010 10:12 AM

Great use of tax payer money.

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2368950)
Great use of tax payer money.

Which part? Building more stealth bombers than we need or using them to entertain tax-payers?

I'm really stoked for today's game.

EvilNixon 11-07-2010 10:38 AM

You know it's an important game when moonduck makes the game thread.

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 11:10 AM

Just a heads up for those who aren't local. It's raining right now in the Bay Area (not heavily, but steadily) and I believe that's due to continue through midday.

RaiderNation 11-07-2010 12:05 PM

Got some friends at the game saying the weather is getting worse every hour they have been there so far. Might just come down to our running games in this bad weather.

Heres me final prediction
21-20 Raiders

VERY close game, going to be a slow game at first until one team has a big play where they score, making the other team have to open up the offence more. I expect both passing games to be decent, but no big plays from them. The running offence however will be huge for both teams, and which other team that has a better one will get the W.

My X factor for this game is RB Michael Bush. I think he could blow up this game, maybe getting a solid 90 yards and a td along with what DMC does. For some reason I think we pull out the RB pass with Bush or DMC on a toss. That would be great

Im still very affraid of Dwayne Bowe with Nnamdi out. We will see what the Raiders do at CB. Routt and Johnson/Huff makes the most sense. You will see alot of Mike Mitchell in there as a SS/LB to cover help in the run support.

619 11-07-2010 12:33 PM

I'd like to think that we should be favored if this game turns into a mudfest. Smashmouth football in bad weather - yep, that's Raiders-Chiefs football at its core. :D

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 12:37 PM

Anyone else remember that crazy rain game from like 2001 or thereabouts? They were playing in like a quarter-inch of standing water or something. So awesome.

619 11-07-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck (Post 2369235)
Anyone else remember that crazy rain game from like 2001 or thereabouts? They were playing in like a quarter-inch of standing water or something. So awesome.

That was EXACTLY what I was reminiscing when I wrote my post above. I miss those days.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 11-07-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619 (Post 2369213)
I'd like to think that we should be favored if this game turns into a mudfest. Smashmouth football in bad weather - yep, that's Raiders-Chiefs football at its core. :D

last time I checked, the Chiefs were the #1 rush offense in the NFL. By quite a large margin as well. I'm not saying the Chiefs should be favorites in a "mudfest", but upon what measuring apparatus would the Raiders be favored and not the Chiefs? Other than you are the home team which counts for 3 points and your a currently a 2.5 point favorite. On a nuetral field, Vegas likes the Chiefs. If it's a mudfest, that plays into our rushing attack and our rush defense being much better than Oaklands. IMO

619 11-07-2010 01:30 PM

It neutralizes Charles' elusiveness in our defense's favor, which is the way I saw it. Our run defense has been every bit as impressive as your run defense the last few weeks. I care more about how we've performed lately then what we've done cumulatively as a group on run D this season.

If you compact the field then it has to favor our bump and run, man to man defense. Our smashmouth running game coupled with Hue's creative (almost genius) playcalling is served well under these conditions. You guys are really going to miss McCluster's versatility.

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 01:30 PM

It's sunny here right now, so it's probably a moot point.

619 11-07-2010 01:33 PM

That always seems to happen on gameday. Forget whatever I said then. :)

vidae 11-07-2010 01:55 PM

Your run D has been great the last two weeks, but you haven't faced anyone half as good as Charles.. or Jones for that matter.

It'll be an interesting day. An hour!

Stash 11-07-2010 02:28 PM

I think the Chiefs are a little better than us. The offenses are pretty much a wash (they're almost mirror images of each other which is pretty cool) but I definitely give the Chiefs the edge in D. The Raiders run D looked good the last couple weeks because they didn't have to do much. In both cases the opponent had fewer than 20 carries because we were blowing them out.

In closer games we're usually susceptible to the long run late in the game so look for Charles to have a big day. I just hope DMC and Bush step up to the challenge.

RaiderNation 11-07-2010 02:37 PM

Another big factor in the game is the use of a extra linemen on offence by the Raiders. With Miller out expect us to beef up on one side of the line and try to pound the ball. Khalif Barnes has been getting time at the TE/OL spot

Paranoidmoonduck 11-07-2010 02:38 PM

Oakland's used a pistol formation in the 1st half of the last two games. It'll be interesting to see if Jackson goes to that again.

RaiderNation 11-07-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

For the Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will be inactive on Sunday when they face the Kansas City Chiefs. Also out will be: WR Louis Murphy, RB Michael Bennett, LB Bruce Davis, DT John Henderson, TE Zach Miller and WR Chaz Schilens.

Kansas City will sit: Reshard Langford, Dexter McCluster, Mike Cox, Charlie Anderson, Kendrick Lewis, Justin Cole, Jackie Bates and Mark Simoneau.

Bruce Gradkowski has been designated the 3rd string passer for the Silver & Black
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/5241.html

RaiderNation 11-07-2010 03:15 PM

Game Time!!!!!!!

RaiderNation 11-07-2010 03:17 PM

Come on Houston!!

EvilNixon 11-07-2010 03:19 PM

stream plz!!!!!!

619 11-07-2010 03:22 PM

Only one more week of Campbell. Thank god.

619 11-07-2010 03:25 PM

Shaughnessy doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves. He should absolutely be starting.