Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bears about to hibernate, or go Grizzly? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43831)

J-Mike88 11-15-2010 07:24 PM

Bears about to hibernate, or go Grizzly?

The Bears sit atop the NFC North with the Packers, at 6-3.

The Bears play at Miami this Thursday night, and catch a break by facing the Dolphins #3 QB in Tyler Thigpen. Still not a cupcake game though.

But look at the final 7 games for the Bears.
How many do you think they will win?
Will they go 6-1, 5-2, 4-3, 2-5, or 1-6?
Percentage-wise, they won't run em all either way.
  • @ Miami
  • Philadelphia
  • @ Detroit
  • New England
  • @ Minnesota
  • NY Jets
  • @ Green Bay

This is a brutal schedule on paper, although the Fins are on their #3 QB for them, and the Lions their #2.

Chucky 11-15-2010 07:27 PM

* @ Miami L
* Philadelphia L
* @ Detroit W
* New England L
* @ Minnesota W
* NY Jets L
* @ Green Bay L

I'm a bigger Thiggy fan than most so I got them losing this week. So that makes it 2-5

Stranger 11-15-2010 07:30 PM

See them going 3-4 or 4-3. Division may well come down to week 17 at Green Bay.

Bengalsrocket 11-15-2010 08:01 PM

I think they beat Miami, Detroit & Minnesota. I voted 4-3 though, because if they win those 3 and lose the other 2, they should put up a really competitive fight against the packers.

dabears10 11-15-2010 08:16 PM

I voted 3-4. Going 9-7 possibly miss the playoffs and nothing changes as they will be mediocre the next season as well.

LizardState 11-17-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 2383082)
See them going 3-4 or 4-3. Division may well come down to week 17 at Green Bay.

True, despite injury depletion or possibly missing the playoffs themselves the Packers would love to trash the Bears season.

Maybe Next Year Millen2 11-17-2010 01:52 PM

It's a tough schedule for sure. Packers have a pretty tough schedule too.

at Miami W I think it all depends on the Dolphins getting their running game going against the Bears good run D. Thigpien is good enough to play decent and did lead a good drive last week and had some good starts in 2008. Still a win though for the Bears.

Philly. L Tough home game with Vick playing so well. Huge game for tie breakers but I think Philly pulls it out.

at Detroit W My heart wants Detroit to continue to play well at home and avenge the Week 1 loss but our Dline and special teams are going to have monster games. Hill can move the ball but we can't run the ball and I think the Bears pull this one out unfortunately.

New England Loss Brady and Double B always are winners.

at Minnesota W Season over the Vikes but I think the Bears pull of the close one. Road warriors in this stretch for the Bears

Jets Win Bears finally win a tough home game other than Pack and limit Greene/LT. Another close one but Bears get the W.

at Green Bay Loss Pack win the division at Lambeau but Bears get wildcard at 10-6.

Sportsfan486 11-17-2010 02:16 PM

W Miami
L Philly
W Detroit
L New England
L Minnesota
L New York
L Green Bay

8-8, no playoffs.

Watchman 11-17-2010 02:43 PM

That's a pretty brutal schedule. I said 2-5 with wins against MIA and DET.

jsa230 11-17-2010 02:56 PM

Where is the 7-0 option?

BeerBaron 11-17-2010 03:53 PM

I wish I could use my powers as Bears team leader to keep others from talking about the Bears unless they actually know wtf they are talking about.........but alas.

Anywho, we're about to play Miami who'll be on their 3rd string QB on a short week. If our strong run defense translates vs. the Wildcat, this should be a win.

And then I think we'll beat Detroit and Minnesota. We already have, and nothing those teams has been doing tells me the result should be any different. Then, the Packers game will decide the division in the final week.

9-7 or 10-6 depending on how that game goes.

yourfavestoner 11-17-2010 04:02 PM

All I know is that I will laugh if the Bears win the division after reading eight months of Packer/Viking fan bitchfests on here.

MetSox17 11-17-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2385415)
All I know is that I will laugh if the Bears win the division after reading eight months of Packer/Viking fan bitchfests on here.

Haven't you heard though? Aaron Rodgers is gonna throw for 7000 yards and 65 touchdowns this year.

princefielder28 11-17-2010 04:24 PM

How is facing Thigpen a break for the Bears??? He's more of a threat than the Chads

BeerBaron 11-17-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 2385443)
How is facing Thigpen a break for the Bears??? He's more of a threat than the Chads

He's probably been running the Dolphins scout team and they'll have a short week to get him ready to start. If he were a better option than the Chads, he would have been starting over them, no?

I expect to see a bunch of wildcat and a simplified overall offense. We've been lights out against the run so if that translates vs. the wildcat, I think we'll be fine.

There's always the chance of Cutler throwing the game away ala the Redskins, but for anyone to seriously sit back and think the Dolphins should win is asinine imo.

sweetness34 11-17-2010 04:53 PM

2-5. Wins against the Patriots and the Jets.

This team is completely unpredictable and what should make sense, well, doesn't. They smash Dallas on the road and Minnesota at home. They beat Green Bay at home. They play like **** against Seattle and Washington...at home. And let's not even talk about the Giants **** fest.

The games we should have a decent shot at winning (Miami, Detroit and Minnesota) will probably result in losses. And in the games we should get stomped (Jets, Pats and Packers) we'll probably play pretty well.

I'd really like to eat crow though and see us close out this schedule with a winning record (10-6). But, I'm about done getting my hopes up that we can turn the corner so I'm shooting my expectations very low.

yo123 11-17-2010 05:15 PM

I seriously don't understand how they keep winning but by all means please keep doing it.

Sportsfan486 11-17-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2385493)
I seriously don't understand how they keep winning but by all means please keep doing it.

The Bears are the anti-Chargers.

Whereas the Chargers have an overall high level of talent, an efficient and productive downfield passing game, and put up great stats.. yet still lose because of stupid mistakes and horrid special teams.. the Bears have a mediocre level of talent (although the combination of Cutler, Peppers and Urlacher bump that up) , an oft-dreadful passing game, and put up bad stats.. yet still win because of no mistakes and amazing special teams.

yo123 11-17-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 (Post 2385506)
The Bears are the anti-Chargers.

Whereas the Chargers have an overall high level of talent, an efficient and productive downfield passing game, and put up great stats.. yet still lose because of stupid mistakes and horrid special teams.. the Bears have a mediocre level of talent (although the combination of Cutler, Peppers and Urlacher bump that up) , an oft-dreadful passing game, and put up bad stats.. yet still win because of no mistakes and amazing special teams.

But the Bears make plenty of mistakes....Cutler makes sure of that.

Sportsfan486 11-17-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2385518)

Haha, true. I meant more as in penalties/special teams screwups/defensive lapses. I included Cutler's turnovers in the poor passing game aspect.

BeerBaron 11-17-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2385518)

The Redskins game has been the only one so far this year where he's been the 2009 version of Cutler.

nepg 11-17-2010 06:43 PM

No 0-7 option?

Gay Ork Wang 11-17-2010 06:43 PM

im not sure if people have watched the bears recently

BeerBaron 11-17-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2385622)
No 0-7 option?

At least then we'd fire everybody...

Sportsfan486 11-17-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 2385626)
im not sure if people have watched the bears recently

I'm sure people have NOT watched the Bears recently. Why would someone ever do that?