Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Epic Rant by Redskins talk show host (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43883)

holt_bruce81 11-17-2010 10:21 PM

Epic Rant by Redskins talk show host

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-you-will-ever

Get em!

LOL hilarious, I don't know if this was already posted Or if it even deserves its own thread, but I think it does.

AHungryWalrus 11-17-2010 11:10 PM

LaVarr in the background? Great.

"get 'em"

Twiddler 11-17-2010 11:17 PM

I hate to say it here. I really do. I'm sorry, I'm gonna be that guy. It's just a football team. He should shut the **** up.

Mr.Regular 11-17-2010 11:19 PM

GET EM!!!!

lol. Can you imagine if this guy was a Lions or Browns fan?

vidae 11-17-2010 11:24 PM

Haha this is so good.

GETEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! GET EM!!!!!

AHungryWalrus 11-17-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 2386067)
I hate to say it here. I really do. I'm sorry, I'm gonna be that guy. It's just a football team. He should shut the **** up.

Yeaaaaaaaaah. Just a football team. No big deal. Guys quitting on their job isn't a big deal.

I don't even know where to start. If you don't get upset watching your team get **** - kicked, you're not a fan.

Twiddler 11-17-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus (Post 2386081)
Yeaaaaaaaaah. Just a football team. No big deal. Guys quitting on their job isn't a big deal.

I don't even know where to start. If you don't get upset watching your team get **** - kicked, you're not a fan.

Upset is a relative term though. I get upset when my team loses. This guy is simply nuts. Seriously, find something else to place value in. How much you enjoy life shouldn't only deal with the success or failure of the team you root for. Is that so crazy of an idea?

A Perfect Score 11-17-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 2386085)
Upset is a relative term though. I get upset when my team loses. This guy is simply nuts. Seriously, find something else to place value in. How much you enjoy life shouldn't only deal with the success or failure of the team you root for. Is that so crazy of an idea?

Gotta remember he's a radio host, he's paid to talk about things. Probably paid to yell about them too.

AHungryWalrus 11-17-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 2386085)

It's his job. He never said he didn't enjoy life because the Redskins lost. He went off on a team which he is paid to talk about, that he also happens to be a lifelong fan of.

You don't think his ratings will go up because of this? You'd rather listen to a guy who doesn't give a **** about what is going on? It is what it is. Entertaining radio.

Twiddler 11-17-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2386089)
Gotta remember he's a radio host, he's paid to talk about things. Probably paid to yell about them too.

True, I understand that. This one was just a little over the top for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus (Post 2386092)
It's his job. He never said he didn't enjoy life because the Redskins lost. He went off on a team which he is paid to talk about, that he also happens to be a lifelong fan of.

You don't think his ratings will go up because of this? You'd rather listen to a guy who doesn't give a **** about what is going on? It is what it is. Entertaining radio.

Again, I'm just speaking relatively. People can be passionate and rationale at the same time. That's all I'm saying.

AHungryWalrus 11-17-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 2386093)
True, I understand that. This one was just a little over the top for me.

Again, I'm just speaking relatively. People can be passionate and rationale at the same time. That's all I'm saying.

*shrug*, money talks.

If he hadn't done this rant, I would have never heard of the guy. I doubt you would have either. Exposure.

And, honestly, when your job is covering your favorite team, I would probably get more pissed off when they sucked as well. And I'm a person that loses it during games myself. See: Jets playoffs in 2004 against Pittsburgh. Chair through wall.

It happens.

**** you, Doug Brien.

vidae 11-17-2010 11:49 PM

The last three years have been weird as a Chiefs fan. Losing was a foregone conclusion so they hurt less. This year, however, the losses sting. It sucks. :(

FuzzyGopher 11-17-2010 11:58 PM

Living in the D.C area I have had to listen to this tard's drivel for some time now. He isn't even a football or sports fan. He is more a fan of World of Warcraft than the Redskins.

Edit: Btw, his perspective and ideas to fix the franchise are exactly what is wrong with that team. Shannahan has been there for half a season and this guy wants to clean house? The Redskins under Snyder have had zero continuity. Give the guy a chance to bring in the players and coaches he wants and implement his system, you can't rebuild a team overnight.

M.O.T.H. 11-18-2010 02:45 AM

What a loser...get a life. He's crying about being picked on by opposing fans? Grow a pair buddy.

bsaza2358 11-18-2010 09:09 AM

Chad Dukes is the DJ who went on this rant. I have listened to him for years and am a fan of his. The prior poster is correct. He is more a fan of Star Wars, MMA, and video games than he is a fan of the Skins. He used to host a guy talk show, but the station flipped formats and offered him a 2 year guaranteed deal to work with LaVar Arrington. He could have taken that gig, moved from the area, or become unemployed. IMO, the podcasts of the old guy talk show (www.bigoanddukes.com) are much better than the LaVar and Dukes terrestrial radio show. Seriously... check out the podcasts. They're an hour long and free. Good guy talk.

This rant is rather hilarious to me, but it is a fan rant meant to gather ratings. Fact is, the MNF blowout was the final straw in terms of his anger against the franchise that has been brewing for years. I don't think Chad Dukes speaks for the entire fan base, but I do believe that he represents a segment of the fan base that feels disenfranchised by the way Dan Snyder runs the team. He was venting frustrations and going way over the top to generate attention. His station (106.7) is a CBS affiliate, whereas Snyder actually bought an ESPN Radio franchise, and the two stations go head to head. The CBS affiliate claims that the Skins-owned ESPN franchise is biased, and the ESPN station says nothing.

Anyway, listen to the podcasts, enjoy the rant as entertainment, then move on.

Shane P. Hallam 11-18-2010 09:16 AM

I listened to Dukes and Arrington last year when I was in D.C. a lot and didn't mind Dukes. He never tried to say he knew more than he did and often brought a more common fan perspective, but he would rant a lot. It was fairly effective.

bsaza2358 11-18-2010 09:19 AM

It is good/great radio. Take it as that. Enjoy it as entertainment. Also, I continue to love the podcasts at www.bigoanddukes.com.

LonghornsLegend 11-18-2010 09:31 AM

Lol it was a bit funny, but he sounded so mad like somebody is forcing him to be a fan lol. He's buying stuff because he wants to, going to games because he wants to, following because he wants to. Nobody is forcing you, so screw it and just watch the games at home while your team gets your ass beat.

That was a pathetic performance though, but if you wanna tell people jump ship to be a Steeler fan what kind of fan were you anyway?

bsaza2358 11-18-2010 09:50 AM

It's just over the top shtick. He isn't going anywhere as a fan. I suppose the "problem" in this case was that they didn't have an entire show on Tuesday to discsuss the Skins. The station airs Virginia Tech bball, so they carried the entire game instead of their show. So, basically, they both had 15 minutes of air time, and they decided to do the rant for ratings purposes during afternoon drive. I happened to catch it, and I was incredibly entertained.

CC.SD 11-18-2010 09:52 AM

Great rant, but i think we're all missing the big picture here which is that Lavar Arrington is in the background going 'getteeemmmm' the ENTIRE TIME. awesome.

ElectricEye 11-18-2010 10:02 AM

Too bad LaVar Arrington sucked.

bsaza2358 11-18-2010 10:03 AM

That is essentially what he does a lot of the time. LaVar is a bit of a hack, but they do book decent guests and put on a good show. It's solid afternoon drive radio. However, Dukes is the talent on the show. LaVar is the name.

NIN1984 11-18-2010 11:07 AM

I feel his pain.

eaglesalltheway 11-18-2010 11:41 AM

He does have one thing right when he says... "You suck Dan Snyder!!!"

thegreatone 11-18-2010 12:24 PM

I'm not a Redskin fan, but thats great stuff.