Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oakland Raiders Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2011 OAK Draft Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43901)

Black Bolt 10-27-2010 12:58 PM

Looking at OG, C and WR

I love Jack Kirkpatrick of TCU. I see him as a prototype C. Anyone thing that UNC's Greg Little would be a good 2nd round pick? Too high? And Mike Pouncey should be available as a OG now that he has proven he is not a C.

_YL_ 10-27-2010 03:51 PM

I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.

Black Bolt 10-28-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _YL_ (Post 2354705)
I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.

Ultimately, I think BC takes the RT job. I can see him playing OG, but with his long arms and atheticism, he's a OT. We would be better served filling both C and RG long term as we have a OT.

RaiderNation 10-28-2010 01:56 PM

I think C is our biggest need as of now and maybe RT/RG depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell long term. Also CB needs to be addressed and I could see us drafting a DT early too to get younger

Oaktown1981 11-01-2010 11:52 PM

I agree with Center that should be #1
Looks like Cable wants Campbell to play RG I bet he could play RT.. If they keep him at RG then RT is a need
This team needs a vet WR
CB and OLB

thenewfeature06 11-18-2010 06:33 PM

2011 OAK Draft Discussion

Discuss team needs, and players that are rising on your boards ...

As of now.. OL,DL,WLB,CB and QB are main needs

O'Dowd is pretty much top of the list with guys like Pouncey,Wisniewski right with him. Maybe Robert Quinn falls to us! Epic. Jerrelle Powe?

RaiderNation 11-18-2010 07:07 PM

C, RG/RT, CB, OLB, DL, QB. Those are all the needs I think we could address. Maybe add in a 3rd TE but I vet could be signed for that. Wisniewski and O'Dowd are the guys I want to target at C. I think Pouncey is more of a OG. Maybe a guy like Marcus Cannon would work for us at RG/RT depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell.

Of course I fully support drafting Cameron Newton if there. Could step in and be a weapon in a wildcat formation day 1 and eventually be our starter 2 years down the road with Hue Jackson coaching him up

thenewfeature06 11-18-2010 07:26 PM

Yeah I like the idea of going OL first depending on who is there maybe even John Moffit from Wisconsin who I like. If Cam is the best QB available there which we probably will be I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the trigger, would rather get him in the 3rd but doubt that he falls.

Oaktown1981 11-18-2010 10:34 PM

Center
Right Tackle

I think should be the top needs.

Raiders need to bring in a vet WR

I'm not sure where to rank OLB. Marshall likes to use Mike Mitchell at that spot. Most of the time Oak is in their nickle defense to begin with. I don't see them drafting a LB early in the draft.

QB is def a possibility

NT

doingthisinsteadofwork 11-18-2010 11:10 PM

I'm hoping its O'Dowd or Wisneiwski in the 2nd but I think Jake Locker is the darkhorse canidate.

thenewfeature06 11-18-2010 11:13 PM

If Locker is there in the 2nd.. I wouldn't hesitate tbh. He hasn't had the greatest year but Washington blows. Then in the 3rd get somebody like John Moffitt from Wisconsin to play guard.

LookItsAlDavis 11-19-2010 09:27 PM

What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?

thenewfeature06 11-19-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookItsAlDavis (Post 2388369)
What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?

I don't really know much about him aside from him going to Delaware.. on wiki it says he was a PSU transfer has good size for a QB not great size. I like a couple guys ahead of him like Foles and Stanzi but if he is there in the 4th.. sure.

_YL_ 11-22-2010 10:11 AM

Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.

NIN1984 11-22-2010 10:18 AM

Al Davis will fall for Newton or Mallet. Both are his type of QBs and its pretty clear this team isn't going to playoffs with its current QB situation.

doingthisinsteadofwork 11-22-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _YL_ (Post 2392739)

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.

What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.

thenewfeature06 11-22-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _YL_ (Post 2392739)

Clearly if we had a first I wouldn't risk it.. a 2nd is more worth it. However, depending on what is left on the board like Carimi? Pouncey? Sherrod.. even O'Dowd, I would rather have us go that way. If Cam is still there in the 3rd then I like it more of course.

619 11-23-2010 11:08 AM

O'Dowd and Pouncey (as a guard) are the two guys that I'd love for us to target in the second round.

RaiderNation 11-23-2010 02:24 PM

2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.

NotRickJames 11-23-2010 06:34 PM

Just say no to Cam Newton.

I'd rather have Enderle in a later round, or Locker if he plummets to us round two.

You bring up an interesting point though. On one hand, Newton screams Al Davis draft pick. On the other hand, drafting him would pretty much signify Al's given up on Campbell - and I doubt Al is going to give up on him just after this season.

thenewfeature06 11-23-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2394565)
2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.

I mean it isn't a bad draft tbh.. but I would still go line first. Moffitt is a grader on the inside and CB depth is also a potential need depending on how Ware and Walter work out. O and Locker won't fall to us, I didn't see Clausen dropping last year but he did. Locker in round 2 is hard to imagine but if so Id be pretty happy, as long as we go OL in the 3rd or 4th.

Edit- And if you guys had to choose between Ponder or Kerrigan who would it be? 2nd round of course

_YL_ 11-23-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork (Post 2392933)
What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.

I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said

thenewfeature06 11-23-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _YL_ (Post 2395065)
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said

I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.

EvilNixon 11-23-2010 07:46 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Newton go in the top 10..Too much talent and the production to match.

Obviously O-line is a huge issue. C/RG/RT need upgrades.

CB depth is big too

_YL_ 11-23-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 (Post 2395069)
I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.

That's it it's all words and storys with DHB never production on the field with him besides the Seattle game,And quit frankly getting really tired of him too.In the perfect world Floyd would fall but very unlikely Oakland best choice would most likely be FA Moss,Holmes,Sims-Walker,Driver,Jones,Edwards,Breaston,Malcolm Floyd,Naanee,Clayton.

Not all of them will hit the market but a handfull of them will and will be a excellent pick