Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Taylor Martinez doesn't quit Nebraska football team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43957)

MetSox17 11-21-2010 09:05 PM

Taylor Martinez doesn't quit Nebraska football team

Anyone smell *****? I do.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...quits-the-team

Discuss.

TitanHope 11-21-2010 09:12 PM

Why you do dis, Big 12 quarterbacks? Why?

Hurricanes25 11-21-2010 09:15 PM

I hope it's not true. I like his game and I enjoy watching him play.

MetSox17 11-21-2010 09:15 PM

Because Martinez is a *****. And Vince Young lost his balls in the NFL.

TitanHope 11-21-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2392145)
Because Martinez is a *****. And Vince Young lost his balls in the NFL.

I personally still love VY's bruised vagina.

Rabscuttle 11-21-2010 09:21 PM

Pelini is going to have a very unpleasant meeting in Osbourne's office tomorrow morning.

TitanHope 11-21-2010 09:24 PM

We have a Jags fan here that writes for a satirical paper for Nebraska. I remember the thread he made about writing about Bo Pelini's brother having an affair, and Bo actually calling him and chewing him out.

And all this over the kid texting his dad while he was getting his ankle taped? The text probably read, "I'm fine. Just getting my ankle taped. Don't worry."

Can anyone in football show any foresight? All of these stupid things can be handled so easily it seems, but they're allowed to come to a head and explode.

ElectricEye 11-21-2010 09:26 PM

Wow. What in the world is all this about? Could he bolt for another program? I think that would probably be a mistake for him.

MetSox17 11-21-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 2392173)
We have a Jags fan here that writes for a satirical paper for Nebraska. I remember the thread he made about writing about Bo Pelini's brother having an affair, and Bo actually calling him and chewing him out.

And all this over the kid texting his dad while he was getting his ankle taped? The text probably read, "I'm fine. Just getting my ankle taped. Don't worry."

Can anyone in football show any foresight? All of these stupid things can be handled so easily it seems, but they're allowed to come to a head and explode.

His dad was micro-managing. Apparently Bo is on his newsletter on how to properly use Taylor Martinez.

jballa838 11-21-2010 10:03 PM

It has been refuted since the original story broke. He is "not quitting the football team".

Seriously though, this is why people like Carroll destroyed when it came to recruiting. Carroll actually cared about his entire team, not just his defense. I hope they grant T Magic a free transfer and he goes and he goes to Mississippi State and Dan Mullen turns him into a better Cam Newton.

MetSox17 11-21-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballa838 (Post 2392266)
It has been refuted since the original story broke. He is "not quitting the football team".

Seriously though, this is why people like Carroll destroyed when it came to recruiting. Carroll actually cared about his entire team, not just his defense. I hope they grant T Magic a free transfer and he goes and he goes to Mississippi State and Dan Mullen turns him into a better Cam Newton.

You mean you hope his dad gets $180k and T-Mart goes to Mississippi State.

jballa838 11-21-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2392291)
You mean you hope his dad gets $180k and T-Mart goes to Mississippi State.

exactly. he's a cali dude, keep him out of the pac-10, and put some change in his pockets. everyone wins, except the SEC and NCAA. And I hate both.

Babylon 11-21-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballa838 (Post 2392266)

Excuse me, Washington. Heck we could make him a WR, he certainly isnt a pro caliber QB.

diabsoule 11-22-2010 06:07 AM

Consider the source. ******* bleacher report.

ElectricEye 11-22-2010 01:58 PM

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/201...es-for-sideli/

And

Stay class Peleni's.

bwillie26 11-26-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 2392173)

Well, for one, it is illegal to be using mobile devices during a game.

But from the rumor mill, Taylor spent time after getting wrapped up to talk to his father. That is what infuriated Bo.

But really, this isn't an isolated incident with Taylor. He and his father were causing issues dating back to when he took his official visit to Lincoln. Now, Taylor and his father are still causing issues.

Basically, those two are nut cases.

But from all the things being said, it will not be our problem much longer. Most are expecting Taylor to bounce after the season.