Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Whatever you do, don't. . . (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44740)

descendency 12-31-2010 07:29 AM

Whatever you do, don't. . .

Salute the crowd.

Are you serious???

"He called attention to himself"

OMFG. Are You Serious?

I personally hope that referee crew is permanently bared from ever calling a game of anything. Even tiddlywinks. That's the worst call I've ever seen in my life. It may not have changed the game, but it's clearly an embarrassment to any form of competition to call this "excessive" anything. I guess you are supposed to mope back to the bench after scoring what could be a game tieing touchdown (2 point conversion pending).

Those kinds of celebrations are flagged, but you can slash your throat when you throw a TD?

Glad the NCAA has it's priorities straight.

edit: if you are too lazy to turn on ESPN (or can't)

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 12-31-2010 08:31 AM

They need to change it from excessive celebration to no having fun. There was nothing excessive about what he did. In time givin a high 5 will be a 15 yard penalty. Nation of wussies. Let the kids have some fun.

Prowler 12-31-2010 08:52 AM

i seriously want to punch all refs in the face until they change the rule. that was just stupid. who really gives a **** if he salutes? is the opposing team offended? are little kids corrupted? is this just an example of the NCAA undermining athletes, so it can maintain full control over college football.

Legacy 12-31-2010 06:40 PM

I still can't figure out how a simple salute results in an excessive celebration penalty while every moron defensive player who makes a drive-ending tackle gets to high step/dance like a douche all way over to his team's sideline and not get flagged for it.

I really don't have a problem with the NCAA trying to cut back on showboating, but they at least need to be consistent about it.

LizardState 12-31-2010 07:22 PM

See post on bowl game thread. Poorly worded rule, totally subjective application. One bowl, Armed Forces, game had salutes, no flags, Kansas St. got screwed for their 2-point conversion for the UC flag.

Total BS.

Babylon 12-31-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2453329)
See post on bowl game thread. Poorly worded rule, totally subjective application. One bowl, Armed Forces, game had salutes, no flags, Kansas St. got screwed for their 2-point conversion for the UC flag.

Total BS.

I'm convinced people that officiate games see the world totally in black and white. "It's in the rulebook so we have to call it". Personally as F'd up as that was i was as annoyed with the end of the Tennessee vs Carolina game. that was also a disgrace to the sport.

thenewfeature06 12-31-2010 08:23 PM

The kids on UT were saluting maybe about 5 or 6 times.. after big plays/tds.

All we are looking for is consistency in the officials. It was a pathetic call but whatever.

Rabscuttle 01-01-2011 06:12 PM

It was pretty odd to say the least when it was called with the game on the line and then ignored at the start of the NC-Tenn game.

J52 01-06-2011 12:47 PM

Don't crucify the officials, they are just doing their job. It's the rules committee and the business men in charge. The officials are the messengers.

Prowler 01-06-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J52 (Post 2464322)
Don't crucify the officials, they are just doing their job. It's the rules committee and the business men in charge. The officials are the messengers.

bull****. they interpret the rules. rules aren't meant to decide the game like that. it was a dumb call and the official got caught in the moment. he wasn't in the right frame of mind.

I see what you're thinking, but the rules committee doesn't want this controversy either. This just makes them look bad, the officials should have known better.

J-Mike88 01-06-2011 02:47 PM

I have, had no rooting (or wagering) interest in that game, but refs like that do need to be banned. Period.

I can't stand refs in general, especially the fact that they are immune to criticism. If they screw up, and they do often, and someone says it in public, boom, the coach or player is fined. Even the announcers get reprimanded if they rip on bad calls sometime. Why is that the case?

Are these refs donating their time freely, charity? Not getting paid?

Why should they not be subject to criticism when they mess up?