Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Texas Tech cancels 2011 game with TCU (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45278)

MassNole 01-19-2011 05:55 PM

Texas Tech cancels 2011 game with TCU
 
Sources: Texas Tech drops TCU from 2011 college football schedule - ESPN Dallas

Not the first time he's backed out of a game last minute when he knew he'd be taking a beating.

diabsoule 01-19-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 2486880)
Sources: Texas Tech drops TCU from 2011 college football schedule - ESPN Dallas

Not the first time he's backed out of a game last minute when he knew he'd be taking a beating.

They pulled out to make room for a 9th Big XII game. They kept games with New Mexico and Nevada and while playing TCU would be tougher than either one of those two it doesn't surprise me that they pulled out one bit.

LizardState 01-21-2011 06:25 PM

Article says that TCU has an open date now to fill. I wonder if they will sign a national power w/ an 11-game schedule & also an open date....

Notre Dame anyone? Don't they always play an 11-game schedule?

Brent 01-21-2011 06:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colle...ack-coach-fran

They're filling their spot with T-State. ******* pathetic.

JoeJoeBrown 01-21-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2489078)
Article says that TCU has an open date now to fill. I wonder if they will sign a national power w/ an 11-game schedule & also an open date....

Notre Dame anyone? Don't they always play an 11-game schedule?

LOL @ TTU. Then, again, TCU backed out of going to OSU a couple of years ago. It happens.

BTW, there are rumors that OSU and Bama are going to set up a home/home in a couple of years. Cal is supposedly backing out of their series with OSU, so if the rumors are true, it's likely 2012/2013.

That would be awlsum.

LizardState 01-21-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2489142)
BTW, there are rumors that OSU and Bama are going to set up a home/home in a couple of years. Cal is supposedly backing out of their series with OSU, so if the rumors are true, it's likely 2012/2013.

That would be awlsum.

Ohio St = OSU?

Maybe not in 2012, Bama signed to open 2012 with a 12th game vs. Michigan at a neutral site.

JoeJoeBrown 01-21-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2489179)
Ohio St = OSU?

Maybe not in 2012, Bama signed to open 2012 with a 12th game vs. Michigan at a neutral site.

Yes. Ohio State.

Maybe 2013 and 14 then, not sure. The rumor on the ozone messageboard was "sooner than you'd think".

Shane P. Hallam 01-22-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2489247)
Yes. Ohio State.

Maybe 2013 and 14 then, not sure. The rumor on the ozone messageboard was "sooner than you'd think".

Nope, 2014 is Virginia Tech for tOSU. If Cal pulls out, it is 2012-2013 or you are waiting until 2022.

Smooth Criminal 01-22-2011 07:29 AM

OSU has their major home and homes set for awhile. Iirc they have Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but that one looks weak now.

Id love to see the replace cal with a huge game for 2012-2013, but I doubt it happens. Seems like those things don't happen too often on short notice.

Here we go

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ate_future.htm

MassNole 01-22-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2486968)
They pulled out to make room for a 9th Big XII game. They kept games with New Mexico and Nevada and while playing TCU would be tougher than either one of those two it doesn't surprise me that they pulled out one bit.

Tubs has a history of this type of chicken like behavior dating back to 1999 when Auburn dropped FSU at the last minute now two straight years to TCU. If you don't want to play the best of the best then you shouldn't be a coach.

JoeJoeBrown 01-22-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 2489558)
OSU has their major home and homes set for awhile. Iirc they have Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but that one looks weak now.

Id love to see the replace cal with a huge game for 2012-2013, but I doubt it happens. Seems like those things don't happen too often on short notice.

Here we go

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ate_future.htm

Yeah, I know the problems. I was just passing on the rumors. 2012 and 2013 seems the most likely (if the rumor becomes reality). With Bama either dropping UM or playing OSU in addition.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.