Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The 2011 SEC Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45366)

Sniper 01-24-2011 02:27 PM

The 2011 SEC Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6054615

Quote:

Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins has been arrested on a marijuana possession charge, his second arrest in the past 20 months.

Jenkins was arrested early Saturday in a Gainesville nightclub. Corporal Tscharna Senn, public information officer for the Gainesville Police Department, says an officer found Jenkins in the club's bathroom with a "small, clear bag of cannabis."

Continued...

Don Vito 01-24-2011 03:04 PM

Oh Sniper, you and your love for the SEC.

New year, new thread! Hide your underage daughter and hide your dead girlfriend's credit card, the SEC is out to reclaim another national title! Only this year it's different...

CashmoneyDrew 01-24-2011 03:30 PM

Tennessee's offense should be fun to watch.

We'll just have to see if our JUCOs can make an instant impact on defense.

Chucky 01-24-2011 07:26 PM

I expect some sort of a rebuilding year for Auburn this year I guess. Dyer is gonna sex it up like crazy though.

TitanHope 01-24-2011 07:35 PM

Dyer's gonna be a good'un. He's got them juicy thighs.

Tyler Bray has juicy everything though!

critesy 01-24-2011 07:46 PM

i think tenn is really going to surprise people. i can see them having a great year.

as for auburn, i can see a down year with 4 losses ish. i compare barrett trotter (who will probably be the starter at qb) to a colt mccoy. this years teams has aloottt of depth though. i think the loss of 4 starters on the o line with all that chemistry is going to hurt just as much as cam.

we'll see how dyer does with cam gone and more focus on him. i love me some him though. its going to be an exciting year for sure.

LizardState 01-25-2011 12:12 PM

Predictions

The Bama - LSU winner will win the SECW. Both look to be reloading with top-ranked recruiting classes & will be 3-deep everywhere with talent. LSU will have more experienced QBs but the Tide has a better running game & defense, s/b a great game.

SCAR will battle it out with a surprising contender Tennessee team for the SECE slot in the SECCG, Florida will be the disappointing team after losing Meyer.

sbh15 01-25-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2494855)
The Bama - LSU winner will win the SECW. Both look to be reloading with top-ranked recruiting classes & will be 3-deep everywhere with talent. LSU will have more experienced QBs but the Tide has a better running game & defense, s/b a great game.

SCAR will battle it out with a surprising contender Tennessee team for the SECE slot in the SECCG, Florida will be the disappointing team after losing Meyer.

explain to me how florida could disappoint anyone. did you see them play this season?

Sniper 01-25-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 2495489)
explain to me how florida could disappoint anyone. did you see them play this season?

You sound like you doubt John Brantley's ability to suck.

CashmoneyDrew 01-25-2011 10:45 PM

I tried to warn people about the Jonathan Crompton effect with Brantley. No one wanted to listen.

I actually think we'll see some improvement from him this year however.

JHL6719 01-26-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2494855)

I suppose the only real mysteries here is which teams fill out the 3-8 spots or so in the SEC for more road trips to bowl games where Big-Ten fans can bring their ice scrapers with them to clean up the remains of their football team off the parking lot pavement after "the brotherhood" gets finished with 'em :^)

Sniper 01-30-2011 04:31 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6073670

Quote:

Arkansas Razorbacks receiver Lance Ray has been arrested and charged with marijuana possession.

The 19-year-old Ray was arrested late Saturday night by university police after the smell of marijuana was detected coming from his dorm room. According to a preliminary police report, Ray had a brown rolled cigarette containing a green leafy substance that tested positive for marijuana.

The misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail.

Continued...

LizardState 01-30-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2502202)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6073670

The 19-year-old Ray was arrested late Saturday night by university police after the smell of marijuana was detected coming from his dorm room. According to a preliminary police report, Ray had a brown rolled cigarette containing a green leafy substance that tested positive for marijuana.

The misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail.

Continued...

Carrying on the Matt Jones traditions of busted Razorbacks....

diabsoule 01-30-2011 08:15 PM

I'll be going to the LSU recruiting bash in downtown Baton Rouge. It should be fun and I'll get free food and beer.

Outside of stuffing my face and drinking beer I'm going to try and cover the event for my sports blog.

Sniper 01-30-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2502608)
I'll be going to the LSU recruiting bash in downtown Baton Rouge. It should be fun and I'll get free food and beer.

Outside of stuffing my face and drinking beer I'm going to try and cover the event for my sports blog.

I kin haz link 2 ur blog?

diabsoule 01-30-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2502619)
I kin haz link 2 ur blog?

Check out my sig where it says "check out my blog"

LizardState 01-31-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 2495489)

Decommits. After Meyer left. Hey it happens

JHL6719 02-01-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2502486)
Carrying on the Matt Jones traditions of busted Razorbacks....

I tell ya, these SEC kids... If they're going to be involved in the drug trade, they should go all in.

Ya know... kinda like Iowa's Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. If you're not the biggest drug king-pin west of the Mississippi, you're not doing it right.

Sniper 02-01-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2502623)
Check out my sig where it says "check out my blog"

Sorry. I have sigs and avatars off to make the site much faster. I'll scope it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 2504635)
Ya know... kinda like Iowa's Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. If you're not the biggest drug king-pin west of the Mississippi, you're not doing it right.

Go big or go home.

Sniper 02-01-2011 01:47 PM

LSU fans, what's the deal with Craig Loston? Is he going to be a starter?

diabsoule 02-03-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2505134)
LSU fans, what's the deal with Craig Loston? Is he going to be a starter?

He stands a damn good chance at starting this year. He won't have much competition for the starting FS position since Jai Eugene graduated.

Also, you can check out my blog for how my experience at LSU's recruiting bash went.
http://lasportsdude.wordpress.com/

diabsoule 02-05-2011 06:15 PM

On my sports show tomorrow my co-host and I will discuss LSU's recruiting class with recruiting expert Sonny Shipp

TitanHope 02-06-2011 11:11 PM

Vols just swapped out Chuck Smith for Peter ******* Sirmon. Seriously...

Lance Thompson will take over the DL, and Sirmon will become LB Coach.

:(

Cigaro 02-07-2011 01:03 AM

South Carolina somehow actually wins the East again this year...

diabsoule 02-07-2011 06:24 PM

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/...aws-tennessee/

Janzen Jackson withdraws from Tennessee for personal reasons. Expected back next season.