Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dante Culpepper? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4617)

A Perfect Score 03-22-2007 09:40 AM

Dante Culpepper?

What happened to this guy? At this time last year, he was Miami's next Dan Marino, and now he's nowhere to be found. He was supposed to be the QB of the future in Miami. And now there is all this talk of bringing in Trent Green and drafting Brady Quinn, where does Culpepper fit in? I mean he has had his troubles, but he threw for 4700 yards not long ago. He is a physical specimen with tons of potential, why is he jsut being discarded in Miami?

portermvp84 03-22-2007 09:43 AM

I think what they are trying to do is find a guy who can get the job doen while Culpeper is recovering. I could see the Dolphins bringing in a guy like Trent Green so they don't get on to a rough start like they did at the begining of the season.

eacantdraft 03-22-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 239209)
What happened to this guy? At this time last year, he was Miami's next Dan Marino, and now he's nowhere to be found. He was supposed to be the QB of the future in Miami. And now there is all this talk of bringing in Trent Green and drafting Brady Quinn, where does Culpepper fit in? I mean he has had his troubles, but he threw for 4700 yards not long ago. He is a physical specimen with tons of potential, why is he jsut being discarded in Miami?

He had a horrible year last year and has been horrible for 2 seasons in a row. Can't stick with a guy like this forever.

NIN1984 03-22-2007 10:00 AM

rotoworld.com said he may very well get cut, Hes just not healthy right now but Im sure he could make a come back maybe not in Miami but someone will give him a shot.

I don't think anything will happen till after the draft if Miami does get Quinn Culpepper will be good as gone.

bigbluedefense 03-22-2007 10:02 AM

His leg almost fell off. Thats what happened.

TitleTown088 03-22-2007 10:47 AM

HIs " roll" was ******* stupid, and he knew it. Culpepper simply needed to take a season off to figure out some new ******** move. That was the problem.

draftguru151 03-22-2007 11:16 AM

We are bringing in Green as insurance in case Culpepper never gets his old form back. The only thing that has come from Cameron this offseason is that he likes what he sees from Culpepper working to get ready for next year. Green may come in and be the 3rd QB behind Culpepper and Lemon. As far as drafting Quinn all that is is speculation. He struggled last season because he was rushed back and rehurt his knee. Him getting written off after one injured season is pretty ridiculous IMO.

SFbear 03-22-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 239429)
We are bringing in Green as insurance in case Culpepper never gets his old form back. The only thing that has come from Cameron this offseason is that he likes what he sees from Culpepper working to get ready for next year. Green may come in and be the 3rd QB behind Culpepper and Lemon. As far as drafting Quinn all that is is speculation. He struggled last season because he was rushed back and rehurt his knee. Him getting written off after one injured season is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Well actually its one injured season and on craptasticly terrible season. He looked absolutely lost without Moss in Minnesota. But yeah it is still soon to write him off even though the vultures are defininitely circling.

draftguru151 03-22-2007 11:30 AM

His last season in Minnesota was so much more than the loss of Moss.

princefielder28 03-22-2007 11:31 AM

Culpepper will never be a threat to NFL team again becuase I doubt he'll get the mobility that he had prior to the injury back. He can throw the ball well but the way he was able to alude defenders is what mad him tough and he's lost that

Splat 03-22-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

No way IMO Green is your 3rd QB 2nd I can see but 3rd come on.

Jimmy 03-22-2007 11:34 AM

in the grand scheme of things with the money teams are spending on different players, its absolutely nothing to have 2 highly paid QBS

draftguru151 03-22-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420 (Post 239465)
No way IMO Green is your 3rd QB 2nd I can see but 3rd come on.

That's what I heard. Cleo Lemon isn't just some nobody. He'll be fighting for the starting spot just like Green and Culpepper assuming they are all on the team next year.

princefielder28 03-22-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 239485)
That's what I heard. Cleo Lemon isn't just some nobody. He'll be fighting for the starting spot just like Green and Culpepper assuming they are all on the team next year.

Cleo isn't as bad as people think. I remember two preseasons ago he lit up the Packers when he was in there and I remember saying who the hell is Cleo Lemon. Well, you know what Cleo could be a starting QB in this league given some of the starters out there.

ninerfan 03-22-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 239269)
His leg almost fell off. Thats what happened.

From what I hear the Vikings lost faith when he started 'rehabbing' at a medical center in a suburban shopping strip and working out in the carpark. Dunno how true that was but he's been on the slide since then

Moses 03-22-2007 01:50 PM

Culpepper needs Moss.

swagger 03-22-2007 08:59 PM

Mashed potato knee.

49ersfan_87 03-22-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

He was terrible in minnesota before he injured his knee, the season before he came to miami.

D-Unit 03-22-2007 09:24 PM

The problem is sex boats. Culpepper was able to finally find 1 in Minnesota... In Miami... that's all he does. In Popeye's words, "Sailing, sailing, sailing across the sea...!"

49ersfan_87 03-22-2007 09:50 PM

Speaking of culpepper

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

http://www.kffl.com/player/1120/NFL

Quote:

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

omecool20 03-22-2007 10:05 PM

I think he is done in Miami. All that pounding took the toll finally.

BlindSite 03-22-2007 10:15 PM

Culpepper still has a lot of potential but he tried to come back when he was still a world away. He was probably healthy by week 8 but by then Miami was going fairly well with Harrington. Culepper will probably get cut. go to a team needing a backup and end up rebuilding his career and being very successful once again.

DHVF 03-22-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 (Post 241851)

Wow, I'm pretty shocked with that. While I may not be C-Pep's biggest fan, I certainly don't think it's a wise decision to release him at this point. I mean, he came back too early from an injury and really didn't get much of a chance to gain a grasp of their offense.

swagger 03-22-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 (Post 241574)
He was terrible in minnesota before he injured his knee, the season before he came to miami.

Because:

He had no offensive line.

He had no offensive playmakers.

He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

"The Moss effect"

Red McComb's cheapness.

49ersfan_87 03-23-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swagger (Post 242156)
Because:

He had no offensive line.

He had no offensive playmakers.

He had one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen in my life (Steve Loney).

He had one of the worst coaching staffs I've ever seen in my life.

One of the worst drafting teams, and that draft was particularly bad. 1st round pick was Troy Williamson; 3rd round pick was Dustin Fox (who never played a single play in purple).

"The Moss effect"

Red McComb's cheapness.

True, but brad johnson came in and didnt do too horrible. He had a decent season that same year.