Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   bill Walton (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466)

swangaz 06-16-2006 02:30 AM

bill Walton

Hmm should he have been a HOF.

His carerr averages came out to be 13, 10, and 2 blocks.
and his best ever season was 18.6, 14.2 and 2.7 blocks

Nerv 06-16-2006 02:34 AM

Bill Walton is a god.

yodabear 06-16-2006 03:06 AM

Yes....cuz I know for a fact DHVF wants to murder him.

RyanLeaf#1 06-16-2006 07:47 AM

He is sponsered by Guiness now. I ove car bombs

Jughead10 06-16-2006 08:05 AM

My dad used to get mistaken for Bill Walton in NYC. They look similar, but my dad is 6'5" where Walton was a lot bigger than that. People are stupid.

SidneyG 06-16-2006 09:16 AM

No he should not be a hall of famer . He was very good when Portland won the championship but after that injuries to his feet ruined his career. Walton being in the hall of fame would open up a can of worms. Other players, better players who are not in the hall would have a valid beef. Walton was simply overrated.

Jughead10 06-16-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidneyG
No he should not be a hall of famer . He was very good when Portland won the championship but after that injuries to his feet ruined his career. Walton being in the hall of fame would open up a can of worms. Other players, better players who are not in the hall would have a valid beef. Walton was simply overrated.

Isn't it just the Basketball Hall of Fame. Not the NBA Hall of Fame. He should get in for what he did in college combined with what he did in the NBA. On top of the announcing that still keeps him involved in the game today. But I agree if it just went by what he did in the NBA then no.

Ravens1991 06-16-2006 09:41 AM

were his teams playoff contenders in the NBA like every season? I dont believe he should be one of the 50 greatest players. He is a great analysist and a announcer though.

SidneyG 06-16-2006 10:30 AM

I agree jughead if you include his college career then yes he certainly merits being in the hall of fame.

Maroney22 06-16-2006 01:17 PM

I hate Bill Walton with a passion and if you dont include his college days no he shouldnt be a HOFer

dRaFtDoRk 06-16-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10
My dad used to get mistaken for Bill Walton in NYC. They look similar, but my dad is 6'5" where Walton was a lot bigger than that. People are stupid.

So your dad has a horse face, with gangly teeth, :lol:

Namy 06-16-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991
were his teams playoff contenders in the NBA like every season? I dont believe he should be one of the 50 greatest players. He is a great analysist and a announcer though.

ARe you serious?! I hate his analyses. They're very rarely insightful. All he does is criticize the losing team and its players or say - "Throw it down big fella!". The guy annoys me beyond belief.

Jughead10 06-16-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk-2.0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10

So your dad has a horse face, with gangly teeth, :lol:

I think it was mostly because they had the same color hair and my dad is tall. He also still has a full beard like Walton used to. It was when Walton had a full beard that he used to get stopped on the streets.

BengalsPwn 06-16-2006 02:26 PM

If he never got injured he would deserve to be. But he was a great player when healthy and was Finals MVP. But he was oft injured and didnt put up great #'s bc of it. Its like saying does Petrovich belong in the HOF?

Nerv 06-16-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991

ARe you serious?! I hate his analyses. They're very rarely insightful. All he does is criticize the losing team and its players or say - "Throw it down big fella!". The guy annoys me beyond belief.

An insult on Bill Waltons commentating is a direct personal attack on me. I shall not stand to see people who clearly must be simple minded disrespect the passion and amazing color commentary of one Sir William Walton.