Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4690)

DWhitner20 03-22-2007 07:35 PM

Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

www.rotoworld.com wire:

Quote:

Al Wilson-LB- Broncos Mar. 22 - 7:20 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.
The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before they signed London Fletcher) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. We suspect Wilson would stay in the middle and New York would move Antonio Pierce over to weak-side linebacker if the sides can strike a deal.

MP123 03-22-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWhitner20 (Post 241184)

What would the Giants have to give up? Wilson's gonna be 30, so he's got very few good years left.

Draft King 03-22-2007 07:43 PM

Yep, saw this on NFL Network, it's not that the Broncos don't want him, according to Schefter on the show they just can't afford him, and if they get a reasonable draft pick this can work out for both sides. Must suck for the Broncos to lose their leader and pro bowler on defense though. (Although they still have Lynch and Bailey)

3projectPAT6 03-22-2007 07:45 PM

furious... absolutely furious... YOU. DONT. TRADE. AL. WILSON. EVER!!!!!!

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.

Big Mike 03-22-2007 07:47 PM

would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

21ST 03-22-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike (Post 241239)
would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

They cut lavar buddy

Draft King 03-22-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21ST (Post 241246)
They cut lavar buddy

I like that shutdown, you got yourself some rep sir.

Big Mike 03-22-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

They cut lavar buddy

O DAMN, well i like the Philly Eagles so thats good anyways.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-22-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 (Post 241233)

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.

QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.

Draft King 03-22-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutlerChris (Post 241281)
QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.

Adam said something about his 5.2 (might be off by a bit) contract being too much, and that he is a cap casualty to the team. It's not that they don't want him, they can't afford him from what I hear. Still a big mistake if you ask me.

Diehard 03-22-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 (Post 241233)

While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.

skinzzfan25 03-22-2007 08:13 PM

I don't know how well Pierce would be at OLB. He is already proven at MLB, why not build around him.

And LOL @ the guy who thought LaVar will be playing football, let alone starting somewhere, next year

DWhitner20 03-22-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

They cut lavar buddy

LOLwned, 21ST For the win.

hugegmenfan 03-22-2007 08:22 PM

i would b strongly against that- Wilson is a great player but the fact is hes about 30 years old and we need to get younger on defense. Pierce is a proven guy and we should build up a strong LB corp around him not move the best part of it

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-22-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehard (Post 241316)
While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.

I think the move that will get DJ out of SAM is getting rid of Gold. I think Williams is a better Will then ILB, no?

Eaglez.Fan 03-22-2007 08:24 PM

I hope he comes to Philly but Peirce IMO can't play on the outside. He won't be able to cover an athletic TE.

Number 10 03-22-2007 08:45 PM

I have some info for you guys-

The Broncos are interested in DE Justin Tuck in this deal, maybe a late round draft pick in addition. This would be more of a salary cap move than a football move. Corey Webster's name is also being thrown around along with William Joseph.

Wilson would likely br brought in to play SLB as he is better suited to make the change to the outside than Pierce is.

3projectPAT6 03-22-2007 09:01 PM

shanhan wtf is wrong with you? are u ****ing serious?? what are you thinking bringing in Dre bly, daniel graham and spending all of this ****ing money you dont have. and now that we are here "oops! wait we need more cap room lets trade the heart and soul of our defence for a bunch luxury players"

we have sheftler, we dont NEED graham. we have foxworth and the draft we dont NEED dre bly.

WE ****ING NEED AL WILSON!! WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SUITABLE BACK UP!!!

i will personally lead the charge for shanahans head, if al wilson goes then shanahan and sunquist need to go.

Scotty D 03-22-2007 09:04 PM

Go get him Millen.

Draft King 03-22-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 241608)
Go get him Millen.

I found this strangely funny.

bearsfan_51 03-22-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 (Post 241589)
shanhan wtf is wrong with you? are u ****ing serious?? what are you thinking bringing in Dre bly, daniel graham and spending all of this ****ing money you dont have. and now that we are here "oops! wait we need more cap room lets trade the heart and soul of our defence for a bunch luxury players"

we have sheftler, we dont NEED graham. we have foxworth and the draft we dont NEED dre bly.

WE ****ING NEED AL WILSON!! WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SUITABLE BACK UP!!!

i will personally lead the charge for shanahans head, if al wilson goes then shanahan and sunquist need to go.

Shannahan is the Broncos. Before him they were just lovable losers.

eaglesalltheway 03-22-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft King (Post 241647)
I found this strangely funny.

So did I. I think it has to do with the picture of him below.

3projectPAT6 03-22-2007 09:20 PM

i am aware of this, ive been a broncos fan since the day i was born. But as the saying goes "what have you done for me lately?"

Ive been a shanahans support all the way up to this point as well. but the trading of al wilson for merely cap relief is unforgivable. esspecially given how careless he has been this offseason spending money he obviously didnt have. We havnt picked up a single need this offseason. only wants. Shanahan isnt the the broncos. Al Wilson is the broncos.

Number 10 03-22-2007 09:32 PM

i don't see this happening so I wouldn't get too worked up.

jetsfan3 03-22-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 241761)
i don't see this happening so I wouldn't get too worked up.

I agree. The Broncos can't really trade Al Wilson at this point. He's the stud MLB and leader of a defense that every team looks for, so it would be stupid for them to trade him.