Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Marcus Lattimore vs Trent Richardson (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47676)

dannyz 05-27-2011 10:16 PM

Marcus Lattimore vs Trent Richardson

A couple of People and Me were discussing who is the Better RB. What are your guys thought's? I was also thinking that let's say both have Great Years this Year and if both were in the 2012 NFL Draft (I know Marcus Lattimore is not Eligible) Who would get Drafted First?

Cigaro 05-27-2011 10:50 PM

Trent. If not for he'll test better. But when they're both in the pros, I can easily see Lattimore being just as good as Trent, assuming we don't run him ragged.

ellsy82 05-28-2011 12:13 AM

Lattimore has insane vision. I'd admit, I haven't watched Richardson as much as I'd like, but he never stuck out to me last year like Latty did. My bet's on Lattimore.

Pat Sims 90 05-28-2011 12:17 AM

Richardson i still think would go ahead of Lattimore. Richardson has break away speed and is a better pass catcher. Lattimore is just a old fashioned bruisher.

FUNBUNCHER 05-28-2011 12:52 PM

I think people are overestimating Richardson's timed speed. Great runner in games, but I doubt he breaks 4.5 flat at the combine or his pro day.

It's not like he's some 4.4 guy, or a RB who can go 80 yards on any given play.

Adrian Peterson is a high 4.3- low 4.4 RB, Richardson is not in that class in terms of raw straightline speed.

Lattimore looked better in 2010 than Trent IMO has played his entire career at Alabama, or close to it.

CrankthatCrabtree 05-28-2011 12:55 PM

I think by the end of the year Dyer will likely be in this convo as well.

FUNBUNCHER 05-28-2011 12:56 PM

SEC has a bumper crop of RBs this year.

Scott Wright 05-28-2011 02:04 PM

It's so, so early, but give me Richardson because he's faster and more explosive.

SickwithIt1010 05-28-2011 02:16 PM

I loved the way Lattimore played last year. As a freshman to be able to run down peoples throat and punish people in the SEC was pretty special to watch. I like him more as a runningback, but I think in the end Richardson would go higher because of how freakishly he will test.

dannyz 05-28-2011 02:18 PM

I heard Lattimore is up to 230 but also cut his 40 Time down a little bit as well.

We will have to see if the Added Weight affects his speed but if it doesn't watch out because he will be Scary.

CameronCropper 05-29-2011 10:51 AM

Trent Richardson.

As beastly as Marcus Lattimore is, I have a feeling he'll be run into the ground before he turns professional. He could have a couple of good years in the league, but all that wear on the tyres will eventually catch up to you.

descendency 05-29-2011 11:47 AM

Trent Richardson is the best runningback in the country. His stale games this year are a concern though.

Lattimore is a really good back who will have to show me more to believe he's better.

YAYareaRB 05-29-2011 12:39 PM

Lattimore seems like he could carry the load in the NFL (even though he might not ever have to). Ruling is still out on Richardson for me just because I haven't watched enough of him.

Caulibflower 05-29-2011 02:00 PM

How long til everyone is comparing Lattimore to Jonathan Stewart?

nepg 05-29-2011 02:34 PM

Never because he's better?

wicket 05-29-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree (Post 2606236)
I think by the end of the year Dyer will likely be in this convo as well.

given that dyer is about 30 i doubt it. I thought dyer was the best back in his class but maturity was part of the reason. He wont grow all that much anymore has acceptable but not overwhelming triangle numbers and lacks elite explosiveness.

descendency 05-29-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 2606579)
given that dyer is about 30 i doubt it.

30 what? He's a 20 year old sophomore. . .

M.O.T.H. 05-29-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 2606517)
Trent Richardson is the best runningback in the country. His stale games this year are a concern though.

Lattimore is a really good back who will have to show me more to believe he's better.

He has to show you more? He's one of the most dynamic players in the country. All he did was score 19 touch downs as a Freshman.

Richardson is amazing, but he hasnt even carried the load yet. Tough to call him the best in the country yet, imo. At the very least, at least we've seen Lattimore carry the load, and have an insane amount of success, as a Freshman, no less.

Complex 05-29-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronCropper (Post 2606509)
Trent Richardson.

As beastly as Marcus Lattimore is, I have a feeling he'll be run into the ground before he turns professional. He could have a couple of good years in the league, but all that wear on the tyres will eventually catch up to you.

I think Marcus is better I too think that he will half-way used up by the time he gets to the NFL. If I were a big time runningback, I would redshirt my freshman season so I don't get as beat up before I make it to the NFL or I would play defense.

America 05-29-2011 07:25 PM

Trent one one of the most impressive high school backs in the past 5 years. He listed Texas as one of his favorites and they didn't offer a scholarship. Still pissed about that. He's got Ricky Williams kind of talent. A massive lower body to power through tackles and he hits the whole incredibly hard, plus he's got breakaway speed. Great height at 5-10/5-11 and he's hovering between 220 and 230 with 4.45 speed. Hardly any wear and tear, he's a top 10 prospect but probably will go around 15-20.

Marcus Lattimore might be better inside and has already developed NFL ready defensive reads and patience. He lacks that extra gear that pro scouts love and that will put a ceiling on his draft prospects but he's still a legit first rounder and might come off the board around where Ingram did this year.

Richardson will get to carry the load this year even with Eddie Lacy in the wings. Lattimore will have Alshon Jeffrey only for one more year so hopefully they won't run him to the ground as a junior.

bullg8rdaddy 05-29-2011 07:46 PM

Tough call.... I like Trent more.

J-Mike88 05-29-2011 09:10 PM

I love Marcus, but Trent is better.
It all depends on health from here on out.

wicket 05-30-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 2606586)
30 what? He's a 20 year old sophomore. . .

21 by the time the season comes around, which is just really old for a sophomore

CameronCropper 05-30-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2606628)
I think Marcus is better I too think that he will half-way used up by the time he gets to the NFL. If I were a big time runningback, I would redshirt my freshman season so I don't get as beat up before I make it to the NFL or I would play defense.

278 total touches last season, he took an awful lot of hard hits along the way too.

I just worry that he'll be asked to carry the load a little too much (those forty carry games are worrying) and even though he'll be very successful at the college level, his body will start to fall apart not long into his NFL career.

If Garcia doesn't come back this season he'll have to carry the team even moreso, which does not sit well with me.

superman8456 05-30-2011 02:02 PM

Am I the only one who finds it hard to judge Lattimore's talents because of the system he plays in?

No question he's a good player, but I can't in good conscience take Lattimore over Richardson.