Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Falcons Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Should the Falcons look at free agent RBs? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48061)

Halsey 07-16-2011 08:51 PM

Should the Falcons look at free agent RBs?
 
I've been pondering this because of all the talented RBs that might be available in free agency. I don't think the Falcons are under any major pressure to bring back Jason Snelling. Perhaps the Falcons could deploy a trio of backs that includes someone like BenJarvus Green-Ellis or Tim Hightower to team with Turner and Rodgers.

FTRWRTR 07-24-2011 01:27 PM

With the falcons trading for JJ and Dimitroff's comments before the draft it seems they want to put more emphasis on the passing game. So I'd be SHOCKED if they signed a vet. rb other than snelling.

Halsey 07-26-2011 04:10 AM

I've seen the Falcons linked to multiple UDFA RBs. Perhaps they're gonna go with Turner and young guys. Maybe they can find this year's James Starks(yes, I know that's a big maybe.).

FTRWRTR 07-26-2011 01:01 PM

Well they got noel devine, fits into TD's strategy of getting more explosive players.

Bosanac01 07-26-2011 02:27 PM

He will really have to impress to get a roster spot, but I love the signing.

OSUGiants17 07-26-2011 04:55 PM

Didn't you guys just draft Quizz Rodgers and sign Noel Devine? I think that explosive duo will be just fine backing up Turner. Just my 2 cents

Bosanac01 07-26-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 2630024)
Didn't you guys just draft Quizz Rodgers and sign Noel Devine? I think that explosive duo will be just fine backing up Turner. Just my 2 cents

Good trio for an option.

Halsey 07-26-2011 08:19 PM

I'm reading that Devine has/will not sign with the Falcons. Can't say I'm in the least bit disappointed. Seems like there are better options to compete for a spot in the RB rotation.

Bosanac01 07-26-2011 08:53 PM

Apparently he's going to play with 2 teams this year. Looks like the Eagles somehow stole him from us, and I'm fine with that.

TheFalconsFan 07-26-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 2630424)
Apparently he's going to play with 2 teams this year. Looks like the Eagles somehow stole him from us, and I'm fine with that.

Yeah I've read that apart of his deal is during week 2 hes going to
play for us in the first half and during halftime switch over to play for the Eagles
in the second half.

Bosanac01 07-27-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan (Post 2630601)
Yeah I've read that apart of his deal is during week 2 hes going to
play for us in the first half and during halftime switch over to play for the Eagles
in the second half.

The man has like 17 kids, hats off to him, who is going to feed all those.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.