Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New and Improved Free Agency Discussion and News Mega-Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48083)

BeerBaron 07-26-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2630187)
schefter reporting that Giants are in discussions with Plaxico Burress...

Also, NFLN saying the Eagles now want a 1st rounder for Kolb. C'mon, Seattle, give Philly a 1st for him!

I think Goodell needs to have a talk with Jeffrey Lurie about not raping the league's other teams.

hockey619 07-26-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2630187)
schefter reporting that Giants are in discussions with Plaxico Burress...

Also, NFLN saying the Eagles now want a 1st rounder for Kolb. C'mon, Seattle, give Philly a 1st for him!

seattle gives up a first for kolb.

they suck their way to the first overall pick...that now belongs to philly. hilarity ensues.

Basileus777 07-26-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey619 (Post 2630196)
seattle gives up a first for kolb.

they suck their way to the first overall pick...that now belongs to philly. hilarity ensues.

This is why Seattle's QB plan for this year isn't that bad. They are in the middle of a rebuilding process, it's better to get a stop-gap and then find your QB later, then overpay for Kolb or Orton.

JBCX 07-26-2011 06:18 PM

Rams defense is going to be beastly this year.

Chris Long is going to keep getting better... MLB James Laurinitis is an ascending player... they drafted stud pass rusher Robert Quinn... they got Quintin Mikell, one of the most underrated stud safeties in the NFL... they have defensive mastermind Spagnuolo for his third year now...

hockey619 07-26-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 2630193)
All they need now is Pryor.

you know, if they took the guys they have now plus pryor and combined all their best attributes to make a robo qb, theyd have a half respectable qb.

i mean:
Leinart's smarts? accuracy? pedigree?
Tarvaris' arm
pryors body
Clipboard's....beard

maybe not quite half respectable after all. hey, id still take their situation over washington's. pretty sure theyre throwing the season already.

bantx 07-26-2011 06:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...der-agent-says

Vincent Jackson signs his tender yippee

Giantsfan1080 07-26-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 2630191)
Wow, I'd be far more concerned with retaining Steve Smith if I were them.

Most likely will be re-signed to a 1 year deal and start the year on PUP list.

M.O.T.H. 07-26-2011 06:22 PM

Hey if you combine Rexy's laser Rocket Arm and Beck's....ummmmm....dammit.

BeerBaron 07-26-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCX (Post 2630202)
Rams defense is going to be beastly this year.

Chris Long is going to keep getting better... MLB James Laurinitis is an ascending player... they drafted stud pass rusher Robert Quinn... they got Quintin Mikell, one of the most underrated stud safeties in the NFL... they have defensive mastermind Spagnuolo for his third year now...

He ascends....then descends on top of the pile. Gets credited with a tackle.

M.O.T.H. 07-26-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 2630210)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...der-agent-says

Vincent Jackson signs his tender yippee

Oh, I'm so damaged now and hurt that I have to sign this 1 year ; $11 Million contract.

Ness 07-26-2011 06:33 PM

Shaun O'hara is out? Dang.

Splat 07-26-2011 06:37 PM

Casey Wiegmann Coming Back To Chiefs On One-Year Deal

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7...fs-free-agency

I'm happy now they don't have to force Rodney Hudson in to a starting role.

diabsoule 07-26-2011 06:46 PM

Alex Smith re-signs with the 49ers...... championship

Splat 07-26-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2630235)
Alex Smith re-signs with the 49ers...... championship

Championship...FTW

Sloopy 07-26-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2630214)
He ascends....then descends on top of the pile. Gets credited with a tackle.

I gotta defend my boy JL here, he is definitely a bright spot on the Rams D and is turning into a big part of that defense. He may not compare to your Urlacher but to say he doesn't deserve a bit of credit isn't fair

gpngc 07-26-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 2630201)
This is why Seattle's QB plan for this year isn't that bad. They are in the middle of a rebuilding process, it's better to get a stop-gap and then find your QB later, then overpay for Kolb or Orton.

True story.

But I kinda want to know the parameters of the T-Jack deal.

Unfortunately, we have too much ******* cap space right now. I hope we sign a bunch of guys to 1-year deals instead of giving Ray Edwards a huge deal (he's gonna have a lot of leverage after Charles Johnson...)

BeerBaron 07-26-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia (Post 2630240)
I gotta defend my boy JL here, he is definitely a bright spot on the Rams D and is turning into a big part of that defense. He may not compare to your Urlacher but to say he doesn't deserve a bit of credit isn't fair

Alright, I'll concede that I've only watched a couple of Rams games in recent years. But at Ohio State, he was grossly, grossly overrated. I'd watch an entire game, hear his name only for the obligatory wrestling reference, not see him make a single great play, and at the end of the game, he would be somehow credited with an obscene number of tackles.

I picture the statistician sitting there saying "Laurinaitis is on the field, credit him with a tackle!"

Sloopy 07-26-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2630244)
Alright, I'll concede that I've only watched a couple of Rams games in recent years. But at Ohio State, he was grossly, grossly overrated. I'd watch an entire game, hear his name only for the obligatory wrestling reference, not see him make a single great play, and at the end of the game, he would be somehow credited with an obscene number of tackles.

I picture the statistician sitting there saying "Laurinaitis is on the field, credit him with a tackle!"

lol i do love that every game they mention his dad.

SolidGold 07-26-2011 06:56 PM

I'd rather have Leinart starting over Tavaris

keylime_5 07-26-2011 06:57 PM

seems like there's a legit chance that the Browns sign Ray Edwards. He's from Cleveland afterall. If not there then Seattle or Philadelphia for Edwards.

JBCX 07-26-2011 07:02 PM

And despite what you may think of James Laurinitis - the real point in all of this is that Chris Long, Robert Quinn, and Quintin Mikell coupled with Spagnuolo's mind - are the makings of a really good defense.

Oh yeah, and they have this kid named Sam Bradford who is only going to get better with every year, especially with this offensive genius named Josh McDaniels working with him.

Yikes. The Rams will probably be a perennial playoff contender for the next decade.

Unbiased 07-26-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCX (Post 2630253)
And despite what you may think of James Laurinitis - the real point in all of this is that Chris Long, Robert Quinn, and Quintin Mikell coupled with Spagnuolo's mind - are the makings of a really good defense.

Oh yeah, and they have this kid named Sam Bradford who is only going to get better with every year, especially with this offensive genius named Josh McDaniels working with him.

Yikes. The Rams will probably be a perennial playoff contender for the next decade.

Not a huge statement at all.

bearsfan_51 07-26-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCX (Post 2630253)
Yikes. The Rams will probably be a perennial playoff contender for the next decade.

As soon as they get past the fact that they currently suck.

JBCX 07-26-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 2630255)
loooooooooooooooooooool

yeah, let me know how that works out.

Say what you want about McDaniels as a GM, or a head coach (he stinks at both of those jobs), but as an offensive playcaller and innovator, he's one of the best in the business.

BeerBaron 07-26-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCX (Post 2630253)
And despite what you may think of James Laurinitis - the real point in all of this is that Chris Long, Robert Quinn, and Quintin Mikell coupled with Spagnuolo's mind - are the makings of a really good defense.

Oh yeah, and they have this kid named Sam Bradford who is only going to get better with every year, especially with this offensive genius named Josh McDaniels working with him.

Yikes. The Rams will probably be a perennial playoff contender for the next decade.

McD made Kyle Orton into a stats machine....and also managed to run the Denver franchise into the ground. I fear for Stephen Jackson. Also, Bradford most definitely hit a rookie wall late last year.

He had a 1-6 TD-INT ratio over his last 5 games. I'd be a little worried about a sophomore slump to begin with, but throw in learning a new system in an abbreviated offseason may hurt his development.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.