Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Oregon vs LSU (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48096)

Victory X 07-21-2011 03:33 PM

Oregon vs LSU
 
Biggest game of college football to start off the year. Two top ten teams with national championship aspirations going at it. Gotta love these games.

Who you think's gonna win?

YAYareaRB 07-21-2011 03:48 PM

im taking Oregon.

i like LSU but i dont like jordan jefferson.

could go either way tho. both teams lost a considerable amount of talent on defense so we'll see how well they reload

proshoota25 07-21-2011 03:48 PM

its going to be one fun game to watch. oregon's high powered offense vs. lsu's stingy defense is one to watch. i think the key to the game is how well jordan jefferson and the lsu offense plays.... inconsistent the last few years, will they stay the same?

i am going to take LSU, by the slimmest of margins

shylo3716 07-21-2011 06:34 PM

Hope Russell Shepard gets off.

JoeJoeBrown 07-21-2011 08:42 PM

I think Oregon is a complete joke, so I'm taking LSU by 1 million.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 07-21-2011 09:28 PM

Sec Speeeeeeedz

etk 07-21-2011 09:57 PM

This is the year that LSU gets decent QB play. How hard can it be to get the ball to Rueben Randle, DeAngelo Peterson, Russell Shepard, Kadron Boone, etc.?

hawkeye123 07-21-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2627312)
I think Oregon is a complete joke, so I'm taking LSU by 1 million.

How so? I think they were over hyped last year but by no means are they a joke.

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2627377)
How so? I think they were over hyped last year but by no means are they a joke.

I mean they are a smurf football team that plays inferior competition most of the year.

Yes, they are quick and have some great small fast guys at the skill positions. But their lines are a joke. Both offensive and defensive. And their overall defense has been pretty weak. Until that changes, I will mock them.

They are like Leach era TTU, TCU, etc... Gimmicky to obscure their weaknesses. Not that obscuring their weaknesses is a fault, but I just think that they are grossly overrated due to the Nike affiliation.

CJSchneider 07-22-2011 12:25 AM


hawkeye123 07-22-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2627432)
I mean they are a smurf football team that plays inferior competition most of the year.

Yes, they are quick and have some great small fast guys at the skill positions. But their lines are a joke. Both offensive and defensive. And their overall defense has been pretty weak. Until that changes, I will mock them.

They are like Leach era TTU, TCU, etc... Gimmicky to obscure their weaknesses. Not that obscuring their weaknesses is a fault, but I just think that they are grossly overrated due to the Nike affiliation.

You must not have not have watched Oregon at all in the past few years. Their line isn't their strength but not much of a weakness either; yes they got abused by Fairley in the NC game but what O-Line didn't get abused by him last year?

Their defense was extremely underrated last year, they were the only defense Andrew Luck didn't tear up. They lost a lot of key starters from last year though. Losing Cliff Harris for this game doesn't help either.

YAYareaRB 07-22-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2627449)
You must not have not have watched Oregon at all in the past few years. Their line isn't their strength but not much of a weakness either; yes they got abused by Fairley in the NC game but what O-Line didn't get abused by him last year?

Their defense was extremely underrated last year, they were the only defense Andrew Luck didn't tear up. They lost a lot of key starters from last year though. Losing Cliff Harris for this game doesn't help either.

dudezzz you didnt know.. thee ohio state university plays the best football in the worldzzz

LonghornsLegend 07-22-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2627432)
I mean they are a smurf football team that plays inferior competition most of the year.

Yes, they are quick and have some great small fast guys at the skill positions. But their lines are a joke. Both offensive and defensive. And their overall defense has been pretty weak. Until that changes, I will mock them.

They are like Leach era TTU, TCU, etc... Gimmicky to obscure their weaknesses. Not that obscuring their weaknesses is a fault, but I just think that they are grossly overrated due to the Nike affiliation.


I really don't understand any of this. And then you include TCU in this? So unless your from a big conference your not good is what I'm basically getting. Oregon, Boise St, and TCU have been 3 of the top teams in the entire nation the past few years. Hands down, no matter who they played.


You mentioned a bunch of schools that don't have anything to do with eachother. Tech and TCU couldn't be further apart in nearly everything other then the state the games are played. TCU and Oregon are completely different. What about TCU's offense is a gimmick? This I'm curious about.

YAYareaRB 07-22-2011 02:43 AM

dude.. if it isn't buckeye football its all the same weak ****

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 2627471)
dude.. if it isn't buckeye football its all the same weak ****

WTF is your problem stalky McStalkerson?

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2627449)
You must not have not have watched Oregon at all in the past few years. Their line isn't their strength but not much of a weakness either; yes they got abused by Fairley in the NC game but what O-Line didn't get abused by him last year?

Their defense was extremely underrated last year, they were the only defense Andrew Luck didn't tear up. They lost a lot of key starters from last year though. Losing Cliff Harris for this game doesn't help either.

They have one thing going for them. One. And that is quick execution of their plays on offense. That advantage is becoming less of one.

I did watch quite a few of their games the past few years. What I like about them is that they don't let up on the gas when they are up. They also can demoralize a team with their ability for quick strikes.

Their defense really hasn't been good at all these past few years. They are a nice team but not a great one. Just IMO.

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2627469)
I really don't understand any of this. And then you include TCU in this? So unless your from a big conference your not good is what I'm basically getting. Oregon, Boise St, and TCU have been 3 of the top teams in the entire nation the past few years. Hands down, no matter who they played.


You mentioned a bunch of schools that don't have anything to do with eachother. Tech and TCU couldn't be further apart in nearly everything other then the state the games are played. TCU and Oregon are completely different. What about TCU's offense is a gimmick? This I'm curious about.

I don't buy that BSU, TCU have been 3 of the top teams the past few years. Not going down that pointless argument again. They are nice teams that would get broken down against a real schedule because they have no depth. It's not their fault that they play in rinky dink conferences. So there is no point in arguing this, as we are on opposite sides of the argument and nothing is really going to move either of us.

WRT comparing Oregon to TTU, TTU won with a gimmick. Oregon wins with a gimmick. Much like Utah won with a gimmick under Meyer.

Comparing Oregon to TCU was specifically with the smaller lines. Yeah, I know people raved about TCU's 270 pounders, but I still have no clue why Wisconsin abandoned the run against those smaller guys.

A weaker comparison, I will give you that. So weak, I will rescind it.

Oh, and again, YAY, GFY, not sure what your problem is.

YAYareaRB 07-22-2011 12:27 PM

i just get tired of non-west coast guys hating on the west coast schools because they know absolutely nothing about them or theyre too much of a homer to realize the same level of football is played outside of their favorite school. it just so happens that its a fan THE OHIO STATEZZZZ because we all know they play the bestzzz footballzzz in the worldzzz

if i hurt your feelings by being sarcastic.. i dont really care. grow some. neg rep doesn't mean much buddy.

also cut it out with the labeling gimmick offense ****. i swear anybody that doesn't operate out of the I is labeled a gimmick offense. like everyone is supposed to stick to the same gameplan and run the same **** over and over. oh you wanna be different? gimmick!

JHL6719 07-22-2011 02:20 PM

LSU is going to physically dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage.

Except the Bayou Bengals can also match up speed wise with the Ducks.


Seeing as how this game is being played in Death Valley, I'll take LSU and give 10 points...

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 2627643)
i just get tired of non-west coast guys hating on the west coast schools because they know absolutely nothing about them or theyre too much of a homer to realize the same level of football is played outside of their favorite school. it just so happens that its a fan THE OHIO STATEZZZZ because we all know they play the bestzzz footballzzz in the worldzzz

if i hurt your feelings by being sarcastic.. i dont really care. grow some. neg rep doesn't mean much buddy.

also cut it out with the labeling gimmick offense ****. i swear anybody that doesn't operate out of the I is labeled a gimmick offense. like everyone is supposed to stick to the same gameplan and run the same **** over and over. oh you wanna be different? gimmick!

You are the only one bringing up OSU. This is a discussion about LSU vs Oregon. I have no idea where this spazztic behavior is coming from. I should know better than to respond to your mindless trolling of mentioning a team that has nothing to do with the conversation.

I guess you are still mad at a West coast gimmick team getting smoked two seasons in a row in a BCS game?

Chip Kelly is no big game coach. Nothing but a trash talking choker. That pays for players. See, I can troll too.

Gimmick = hurry up offense with the coach calling plays with giant cards on the sideline. If a team has an athletic defense that is capable of keeping their assignments, Oregon is stifled. This has happened when they play above average defenses.

Gimmicks are what people do to break trends. Sometimes the gimmicks themselves turn into mainstream trends. There is nothing wrong with a gimmick, but once gimmicks are cracked, they do not give you the advantage that you have previously seen. And Oregon's gimmick has been cracked.

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 2627678)
LSU is going to physically dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage.

Except the Bayou Bengals can also match up speed wise with the Ducks.


Seeing as how this game is being played in Death Valley, I'll take LSU and give 10 points...

Exactly. And I'd agree with your spread.

hawkeye123 07-22-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 2627678)
LSU is going to physically dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage.

Except the Bayou Bengals can also match up speed wise with the Ducks.


Seeing as how this game is being played in Death Valley, I'll take LSU and give 10 points...

The game is played at a neutral site in Dallas.

JoeJoeBrown 07-22-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2627708)
The game is played at a neutral site in Dallas.

Still LSU by 10. The swamp people will outnumber the Oregon fans 2 to 1.

YAYareaRB 07-22-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2627706)
You are the only one bringing up OSU. This is a discussion about LSU vs Oregon. I have no idea where this spazztic behavior is coming from. I should know better than to respond to your mindless trolling of mentioning a team that has nothing to do with the conversation.

I guess you are still mad at a West coast gimmick team getting smoked two seasons in a row in a BCS game?

Chip Kelly is no big game coach. Nothing but a trash talking choker. That pays for players. See, I can troll too.

Gimmick = hurry up offense with the coach calling plays with giant cards on the sideline. If a team has an athletic defense that is capable of keeping their assignments, Oregon is stifled. This has happened when they play above average defenses.

Gimmicks are what people do to break trends. Sometimes the gimmicks themselves turn into mainstream trends. There is nothing wrong with a gimmick, but once gimmicks are cracked, they do not give you the advantage that you have previously seen. And Oregon's gimmick has been cracked.

im trying to show you that you're downgrading a team for the same points and weaknesses your very own team has. if you like michigan i would bring up michigan. if you like kentucky wesleyan i would bring up kentucky wesleyan. im not particularly hating on ohio state, but their fans are some of the most annoying i have ever come across.

the only thing i get mad at is when homers, like yourself, make outrageous comments because you dont watch teams on the west coast. you probably dont even watch southern football or else you'd know that jordan jefferson is probably the most inconsistent qb in the nation and hes not even THAT good when hes on his game

smoked? a 9 pt rose bowl loss and 3 pt national championship=smoked? ahhh ok i get it. gtfo

ill admit tho, chip definitely faltered in this 2 big bowls.. in two years of being a head coach.

let me get this straight 1 loss=gimmick cracked? again please, gtfo

soybean 07-22-2011 05:29 PM

God i hate les miles.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.