Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   all overated team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4848)

Eagles own the NFC East 03-25-2007 01:32 AM

all overated team
 
who do you guys think is the most overated at each position?

QB- Tony RoHOMO
RB- Shaun Alexander
FB- Mike Alstott

WR- Santana Moss
WR- Randy Moss

TE- Tony Gonzalez
no offensive lineman are overated imo

DE- Dwight Freeney
DT- Anthony McFarland
DT- Warren Sapp
DE- Osi

LOLB-Shawn Merriman
MLB- Ray Lewis
ROLB- Cato June

CB- Ty Law
SS- Roy Williams
FS- ?????
CB- Charles Woodson

who would you guys put?

Pit Bull #53 03-25-2007 01:33 AM

I predict this thread is gonna turn into a giant hatefest.

sodar21 03-25-2007 01:36 AM

Cato June really isn't overrated anymore..

Don't think Charles Woodson is overrated either but I agree with most of the rest of the list.

Eagles own the NFC East 03-25-2007 01:38 AM

its not a agree or disgree type thing here, just post yours as well. im not just posting mine and asking for c and c from everyone.

Chucky 03-25-2007 01:38 AM

The best part about that is no olineman are overrated, Olineman continously make the probowl based on rep alone and not on play at all

Yung Flippa 03-25-2007 01:43 AM

How is Ray Lewis overrated? He is one of the best of all time!

SPQRBucs 03-25-2007 01:56 AM

What a hater thread this is. Some of the guys on the list are going to be considered some of the best ever to play the position when they retire.

Shaun Alexander, Tony Gonzalez and Ray Lewis are over-rated? Hah. Give me a break. Tony and Ray are both shoe-ins for the hall and if Alexander can come back healthy, he'll make a case by the time he's done.

BigDawg819 03-25-2007 02:10 AM

Yes a 2 time Defensive Player of the Year, a perennial Pro Bowler/All-Pro tight end, and a former MVP and rushing champ are certainly not overrated players. Not too mention I think McFarland and Law have a few Super Bowl rings that say maybe they are pretty good as well.

Moses 03-25-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East (Post 248074)
who do you guys think is the most overated at each position?

QB- Tony RoHOMO
RB- Shaun Alexander
FB- Mike Alstott

WR- Santana Moss
WR- Randy Moss

TE- Tony Gonzalez
no offensive lineman are overated imo

DE- Dwight Freeney
DT- Anthony McFarland
DT- Warren Sapp
DE- Osi

LOLB-Shawn Merriman
MLB- Ray Lewis
ROLB- Cato June

CB- Ty Law
SS- Roy Williams
FS- ?????
CB- Charles Woodson

who would you guys put?

Overrated is a very subjective term, but I don't think the following players are generally overrated:
Randy Moss
Tony Gonzalez
Shawne Merriman
Ray Lewis
Charles Woodson

I really don't see those players being overrated at all. Some of the other players on that list are also overrated only very rarely.

volman88 03-25-2007 02:18 AM

Tony Romo is hated by all Eagles fans. It is a proven fact. He didnt beat you last year, so it must be fear of the upcoming season.

22,895 03-25-2007 02:22 AM

How Is Tony Romo overrated? Is he over hyped? YES but he isn't overrated he was top 5 in QB Rating. Then you have Merriman AND Ray Lewis OVERRATED! Wow! This list is HORRIBLE Ray Lewis is on of the Greatest MLB to play the game and Merriman had 16 Sacks. Warren Sapp hasn't been mentioned as one of the best DT in awhile. If you said Sapp was overrated 3 or 4 years ago but now no. Tony Gonzalez? Who is also one of the Greatest TE of All-Time is overrated? Yea he only had 1258, 905, and 900 Receiving Yards last three years and led the League in Receptions is overrated? ROFL!

Also, forgot to add that Shaun Alexander isn't overrated either. If anything he is still underrated but yea having a MVP isn't good enough. Yep I totally agree with you.LOL!!!!!!!

GiantRutgersFan 03-25-2007 02:42 AM

More or less, I agree. but then again, you have Osi up there, which i think is wrong. He had a great season in 2005, and had injurys hampered this season.


He benefits from Strahan to an extent, but he is gonna have another good DE his whole career with KIWI waiting in the wings.

Plus i dont really see him getting a huge amount of hype.

Also i disagree with Alstott, although I see what you mean if you are talking about the last couple seasons, but he was amazing in his heyday

Eagles own the NFC East 03-25-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Flippa (Post 248095)
How is Ray Lewis overrated? He is one of the best of all time!

today he is and this thread to post who u think is as well ok??? back to ray ray he was dominant in his prime but hes not the same anymore thats all im not calling him a bad player or anything.

Eagles own the NFC East 03-25-2007 02:48 AM

sorry if u got the wrong memo here about how i feel about these players i still think lot of these players are great. and someone being overated isnt a proven fact or anything its just ones opinion. i wouldnt flip out if someone said dawkins is overated, its there opinion and shouldnt be disrespected.

someone447 03-25-2007 02:57 AM

Oh great, another of the opinions can't be wrong crowd. I don't remember what the last thread was, but bearsfan sure put a dent in that theory. If anything, Woodson is UNDERRATED. Everyone said that he was finished, then he came to GB and had a hell of a year. Shaun Alexander used to be overrated, hell he was voted most overrated player in a poll of NFL players. But people aren't really talking about him being the best RB in the league anymore. Not all that many even say he is top 3, and some say he is top 5.

Mcfarland, Law, Alstott and Sapp aren't considered anywhere near the best at their position anymore. Tony Romo, overrated, no. Overhyped, hell yes. But no one calls him a top QB, YET.

Roy Williams=MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!!!

bearsfan_51 03-25-2007 03:20 AM

For what he is now, Ray Lewis is incredibly overated. He really hasn't been very good since 2002 or 2003. Anybody that is honest with themselves or objectively watches football would admit that. He was spectacular in his prime, but he's a shell of what he used to be.

Moses 03-25-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 248193)
For what he is now, Ray Lewis is incredibly overated. He really hasn't been very good since 2002 or 2003. Anybody that is honest with themselves or objectively watches football would admit that. He was spectacular in his prime, but he's a shell of what he used to be.

He's still one of the top MLBs in the game. The year he won the Super Bowl he had one of the most dominating seasons ever for a defensive player.

bearsfan_51 03-25-2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 248195)
He's still one of the top MLBs in the game. The year he won the Super Bowl he had one of the most dominating seasons ever for a defensive player.

A)No he's not, and even if he was, the game is so incredibly weak in MLB's right now that's not saying much.

B)That has nothing to do with now. I take this as overrated now, and Lewis is not what his image makes him out to be anymore.

Moses 03-25-2007 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 248201)
A)No he's not, and even if he was, the game is so incredibly weak in MLB's right now that's not saying much.

B)That has nothing to do with now. I take this as overrated now, and Lewis is not what his image makes him out to be anymore.

Name some MLBs better than Lewis. You might get 2 or 3. To me, that makes him one of the best MLBs in the game. He's a great leader and the heart and soul of the league's best defence.

BigDawg819 03-25-2007 03:58 AM

First of all Bears' fans generally assume that a certain Bear middle linebacker is better then Ray anyway. Besides that, the reason for the "so-called" decline in his play is attributed to the fact that we don't run the defensive schemes that made him a great player. The schemes of Marvin Lewis are gone and now we have the mad scientist Rex Ryan who comes up with all kinds of schemes to take advantage of all the players on defense and not just Ray. Besides I for one am a Ray Lewis fan but I will say that he is still a top tier MLB, but he has declined from what he was. Of course the defense in which made him great is totally different from what our defense is today so its all give and take. Plus he doesn't have to be as dominant of a MLB with the talents of Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs in the linebacking core with him.

BlindSite 03-25-2007 04:01 AM

The Loss of Rivera and Nolan hurt more than most people admit too imo.

Caddy 03-25-2007 04:25 AM

Because 519 Tackles, 95 sacks, 4 interceptions, 1 Int Return for a TD 17 FF, 4 Receptions for 39 yards and 2 Receiving TD's are bad stats for a Defensive Tackle.

VoteLynnSwan 03-25-2007 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDawg819 (Post 248220)
First of all Bears' fans generally assume that a certain Bear middle linebacker is better then Ray anyway. Besides that, the reason for the "so-called" decline in his play is attributed to the fact that we don't run the defensive schemes that made him a great player. The schemes of Marvin Lewis are gone and now we have the mad scientist Rex Ryan who comes up with all kinds of schemes to take advantage of all the players on defense and not just Ray. Besides I for one am a Ray Lewis fan but I will say that he is still a top tier MLB, but he has declined from what he was. Of course the defense in which made him great is totally different from what our defense is today so its all give and take. Plus he doesn't have to be as dominant of a MLB with the talents of Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs in the linebacking core with him.

at this point in their respective careers, you have to be kidding yourself if you think Ray Lewis is better than Brian Urlacher.

BlindSite 03-25-2007 05:06 AM

Not you've got to be kidding if you think Urlacher is the best LB in the NFL.

CC.SD 03-25-2007 05:46 AM

Bash Merriman all you want, there is no denying that he brings it on the field. 4 FF, 1 pick, 17 sacks in 12 games to lead the league? Not overrated.

Roy Williams OTOH...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.