Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Dolphins Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2011 Miami Dolphins Season Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48551)

Da-Phins 09-02-2011 11:37 AM

2011 Miami Dolphins Season Thread

One more week then its on like Donkey Kong. Lets keep it active in here!

Da-Phins 09-04-2011 12:15 PM

Well the cuts are made and the roster is set(for now). Whats everyone thoughts on how this team will do this season? Playoffs? The most I can see this team winning is 8 games. I'm not concerned with the defense and ST's but I think the offense will continue to hold this team back and keep us from being good.

gpngc 09-04-2011 01:13 PM

LOVE MIA this year LOLZ.

Da-Phins 09-04-2011 03:17 PM

Nevermind..

gpngc 09-04-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da-Phins (Post 2667577)
Trolling are we?

Wouldnt make sense if you were since Dolphins are in better shape then the Seahawks. Jackson as your QB? LOLZ

No I'm dead serious. Check the thread I started in pro football section. Not even MIA fans are backing me up. As if it's IMPOSSIBLE they have a surprise year.

We shall see.

Da-Phins 09-04-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 2667581)
No I'm dead serious. Check the thread I started in pro football section. Not even MIA fans are backing me up. As if it's IMPOSSIBLE they have a surprise year.

We shall see.

Oh my bad good sir. The LOLZ threw me off. Well your more positive about them then I am. I hope your right though.

Da-Phins 09-11-2011 06:47 PM

Tomorrow night baby! Game on!

draftguru151 09-18-2011 08:43 AM

We GOTTA get this forum alive. I know there are some Phin fans on the site. WAKE UP!!! Texans today!

Da-Phins 09-18-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2680774)
We GOTTA get this forum alive. I know there are some Phin fans on the site. WAKE UP!!! Texans today!

Lets get it! Feels like this is a must win game. Texans have a good TE duo so this is gonna be a huge test for our defense to see if then can improve or not. Dont think this team is talented enough to overcome a 0-2 start.

Da-Phins 09-18-2011 07:38 PM

So I guess its safe to see this season is going to be a failure? 1-11 in last 12 homes games? You ******* kidding me? Fans have every right to not show up to the game.

But on the other hand, Bill Cowher and Andrew Luck we coming for you baby!

SolidGold 09-18-2011 08:08 PM

The dolphins defense is garbage...that secondary needs to be rebuilt

Da-Phins 09-22-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 2682648)
The dolphins defense is garbage...that secondary needs to be rebuilt

Yep, pretty much. It appears letting go of Crowder was a mistake. The guy never made plays and was just there but he has the smarts (believe it or not) and lines up the guys where they should be. Burnett run defense is no where to be found and Dansby is looking a bit slower and outta shape. Bell has lost a step and our corners need to get in ******* shape aswell and stay healthy. Im looking at you Davis. But on the bright side Nate Jones was brought back so maybe we wont see Carroll out on the field anymore. Thats a win itself.

Grizzlegom 09-22-2011 08:16 PM

Sorry I've been invisible...in any event, Dansby's groin is limiting him, the cutting of Crowder has been a downgrade due to Dansby being injured and Burnett looking bad in run defense. Crowder was also the defensive captain and as much as he talked too much, he made sure everyone was lined up correctly and was a stud run stuffer.

I think the secondary would be better if Chris Clemons was healthy and in the lineup. Reshad Jones has just been AWFUL. Takes poor angles, is a huge liability in coverage, bites on any half-assed fake the QB decides to try. Sean Smith and Vontae have actually been as good as I expected, its just that not a single other player on the team can cover. Bell's age and injury history are showing some but he'd still be more than serviceable if our FS had any coverage ability whatsoever.

Still can't believe Carroll remains on this team. Stupid politics keeping him around despite being outperformed by everyone.

Offensively, Davone Bess has been invisible on third down this year and without Polite, nobody has stepped up to show they can handle the third and short opportunities. In the red zone, B-Marsh is our only weapon and between poor execution by Henne and half-assed routes by Marshall, the force-feeding him the ball thing has failed miserably. Henne used to be sooo good on bootlegs and Daboll hasn't utilized that strength at all, probably because Marc Colombo can't pass block to save his life and Carey is too out of shape to even push him for that RT spot again. Reggie Bush's disappearing act in the second game was ridiculous. I understand letting DT have the ball since he's got the hot hand but utilize Bush in the slot then or go with a two-RB set. You can't just leave the most explosive player on your offense on the sideline.

This Cleveland game is a must-win (obviously), if we go 0-4, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparano canned although idk who would be interim since Mike Nolan's unit is the one that's underperforming. I was super optimistic coming into this season as I saw improvement from Henne and I thought the defense would be a top-5 unit. Its only been two games so there's still plenty of time to turn things around but I'm bracing myself for a long season...

SolidGold 09-23-2011 02:23 PM

I was really surprised how the offense seemed to go away from Bush in game two. I think having Bush out there as a decoy really helped Chad Henne. Hopefully they get back to that, I actually think Henne could be a solid QB but they need a constant running game and Bush out there in space either make plays or serve as a decoy.

Da-Phins 09-24-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 2687369)
I was really surprised how the offense seemed to go away from Bush in game two. I think having Bush out there as a decoy really helped Chad Henne. Hopefully they get back to that, I actually think Henne could be a solid QB but they need a constant running game and Bush out there in space either make plays or serve as a decoy.

Yeah, I was wondering why they wasnt using Bush all that much but it turns out he was being limited cause of a minor injury. It also didnt help him with Thomas having a good day running the ball.

Da-Phins 09-24-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2686932)
Sorry I've been invisible...in any event, Dansby's groin is limiting him, the cutting of Crowder has been a downgrade due to Dansby being injured and Burnett looking bad in run defense. Crowder was also the defensive captain and as much as he talked too much, he made sure everyone was lined up correctly and was a stud run stuffer.

I think the secondary would be better if Chris Clemons was healthy and in the lineup. Reshad Jones has just been AWFUL. Takes poor angles, is a huge liability in coverage, bites on any half-assed fake the QB decides to try. Sean Smith and Vontae have actually been as good as I expected, its just that not a single other player on the team can cover. Bell's age and injury history are showing some but he'd still be more than serviceable if our FS had any coverage ability whatsoever.

Still can't believe Carroll remains on this team. Stupid politics keeping him around despite being outperformed by everyone.

Offensively, Davone Bess has been invisible on third down this year and without Polite, nobody has stepped up to show they can handle the third and short opportunities. In the red zone, B-Marsh is our only weapon and between poor execution by Henne and half-assed routes by Marshall, the force-feeding him the ball thing has failed miserably. Henne used to be sooo good on bootlegs and Daboll hasn't utilized that strength at all, probably because Marc Colombo can't pass block to save his life and Carey is too out of shape to even push him for that RT spot again. Reggie Bush's disappearing act in the second game was ridiculous. I understand letting DT have the ball since he's got the hot hand but utilize Bush in the slot then or go with a two-RB set. You can't just leave the most explosive player on your offense on the sideline.

This Cleveland game is a must-win (obviously), if we go 0-4, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparano canned although idk who would be interim since Mike Nolan's unit is the one that's underperforming. I was super optimistic coming into this season as I saw improvement from Henne and I thought the defense would be a top-5 unit. Its only been two games so there's still plenty of time to turn things around but I'm bracing myself for a long season...

See my previous post. And I noticed a couple times Thomas and Bush were in the backfield at the same time. Daboll said this week that we will see more of that.

Da-Phins 09-25-2011 11:34 AM

Gotta get it done today boys!

Grizzlegom 09-25-2011 05:58 PM

Henne has officially turned into the QB that everyone wanted us to trade for, Kyle Orton. He's going to put up really good numbers this year which makes people who don't actually watch the games think he's a good NFL QB but he is just awful on 3rd down, in the redzone, and on potential game-winning drives. Although its not like he's getting ANY help from his "upgraded" skill position players and offensive line. The more I watch, the more I blame Henne less as there is absolutely nobody getting open in those pressure situations.

Da-Phins 09-25-2011 06:05 PM

My little faith in Henne is officially gone. He will never lead us anywhere and neither will Tony Sparano. Its time for a big change to this franchise.

draftguru151 09-25-2011 06:14 PM

Lets gooooooooo Matt Barkley. And some awesome offensive coordinator as the HC.

SolidGold 09-25-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2689995)
Lets gooooooooo Matt Barkley. And some awesome offensive coordinator as the HC.

Barkley over Luck?

draftguru151 09-25-2011 07:53 PM

We're not first overall pick bad....

Grizzlegom 09-25-2011 11:11 PM

I haven't really lost all faith in Henne, I still think he can be a serviceable game manager that could get a team to the second round of the playoffs but I've lost all faith in this coaching staff and I have lost faith in him as a potential franchise QB.

I've been telling myself that the defense alone would get us to 7 wins again but the offense has been so bad in the red zone that I'm beginning to question it. Jake Long is clearly still injured and is getting worse every week, Incognito is a natural RG that has been terrible at LG and I still have no idea why they insist on playing him there, Pouncey has actually been our best lineman but he's still got some rookie inconsistencies, Carey was still adjusting to OG plus is hurt now, and Colombo was the worst RT in the NFL last year so I have no idea why they thought he'd be an upgrade.

Sparano needs to get fired during the bye week, there have been numerous reports that Jason Taylor has more sway with the team than Sparano does. They aren't responding to anyone on the coaching staff. Not sure who the team would actually rally around as I don't think they'd rally around Nolan or Daboll plus Nolan has had his chance and Daboll has been an awful OC for three different teams now. Bowles seems like a logical choice but his secondary is one of the units that's underperforming...At the end of the day, I really think whoever our next coach is will have a better team to work with than Saban, Cameron, or Sparano did and I still think the team, as constituted currently, could be a playoff team but whoever it is will need to get more out of the talent and actually try to create gameplans that utilizes the talent to the best of their abilities, as opposed to continue trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

If we aren't in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, idk who I'd want yet. I've always been more of a Landry Jones fan than a Barkley fan but neither one has really impressed me this season and I honestly wouldn't have either as a top ten pick right now.

Da-Phins 09-26-2011 11:24 AM

We are a bad team but I dont think we suck enough to get "lucky" for Luck. The Colts, Seahawks and Chiefs will battle it out this season for the first pick IMO. I do think its a lock we will get a top 5 pick so hopefully we will grab either Jones or Barkley. We need a QB the worst and I'm tired of all these rejects we've been bringing in since Marino retired. Time to make an aggressive move and bring in a franchise caliber QB.

Brown Leader 09-27-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2690869)
I haven't really lost all faith in Henne, I still think he can be a serviceable game manager that could get a team to the second round of the playoffs but I've lost all faith in this coaching staff and I have lost faith in him as a potential franchise QB.

I've been telling myself that the defense alone would get us to 7 wins again but the offense has been so bad in the red zone that I'm beginning to question it. Jake Long is clearly still injured and is getting worse every week, Incognito is a natural RG that has been terrible at LG and I still have no idea why they insist on playing him there, Pouncey has actually been our best lineman but he's still got some rookie inconsistencies, Carey was still adjusting to OG plus is hurt now, and Colombo was the worst RT in the NFL last year so I have no idea why they thought he'd be an upgrade.

Sparano needs to get fired during the bye week, there have been numerous reports that Jason Taylor has more sway with the team than Sparano does. They aren't responding to anyone on the coaching staff. Not sure who the team would actually rally around as I don't think they'd rally around Nolan or Daboll plus Nolan has had his chance and Daboll has been an awful OC for three different teams now. Bowles seems like a logical choice but his secondary is one of the units that's underperforming...At the end of the day, I really think whoever our next coach is will have a better team to work with than Saban, Cameron, or Sparano did and I still think the team, as constituted currently, could be a playoff team but whoever it is will need to get more out of the talent and actually try to create gameplans that utilizes the talent to the best of their abilities, as opposed to continue trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

If we aren't in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, idk who I'd want yet. I've always been more of a Landry Jones fan than a Barkley fan but neither one has really impressed me this season and I honestly wouldn't have either as a top ten pick right now.

Actually he was fairly good in Cleveland last year. This year, I know Henne is terrible in the red zone, but it seems like the offense is much better than last years. I could imagine Daboll getting a shot at the HC if Sparano was let go. But still, ultimately I see Fisher being the next coach.