Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco 49ers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   49ers Gameday Thread: Week 3: 49ers at Bengals (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48754)

Borat 09-23-2011 08:34 AM

49ers Gameday Thread: Week 3: 49ers at Bengals

Week 2:
Sunday, September 25, 2011

San Francisco 49ers (1-1)
at
Cincinnati Bengals (1-1)

Time: 10:00 am pst

Just want to thank the Bengals for this

and this

That was very nice of them. Oh, and thanks Cris Collinsworth for nothing. I can't imagine why you hate on the 9ers every chance you get. Jerry Rice has this to say to you:

Remember this epic goal-line stand:

and the real "Drive":

Need to see a better performance from this guy:

and more of this:

Unfortunately, none of this:

And I am very scared of this:

Standings: A matchup of 2 first-place teams!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (1-1)
1. Arizona Cardinals (1-1)
3. Seattle Seahawks (0-2)
3. St. Louis Rams (0-2)

AFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals (1-1)
1. Cleveland Browns (1-1)
1. Baltimore Ravens (1-1)
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1)

Special Note: Breaking news: 49ers intend to accept all penalties that will give them a first down. NFL is serious business.

dan77733 09-23-2011 10:24 AM

Awesome post borat.

It sucks. We should be 2-0 but whatever. We lose Sunday to the Bengals, its pretty much a guarantee that we'll start 1-3 and if that happens, I'll be rooting for a top 5 draft pick. Should be at least 2-2 or 3-1 after the Eagles game but oh well. I just hope Harbaugh stops being Nolan/Singletary and starts becoming more like Walsh (or even Mariucci at this point) sooner rather than later.

With that said, I think the 49ers will come out flat and the combination of Dalton/Green will crush our secondary if the front seven doesnt get to Dalton. Prediction -

49ers 20
Bengals 24

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? 09-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77733 (Post 2687232)
Awesome post borat.

It sucks. We should be 2-0 but whatever. We lose Sunday to the Bengals, its pretty much a guarantee that we'll start 1-3 and if that happens, I'll be rooting for a top 5 draft pick. Should be at least 2-2 or 3-1 after the Eagles game but oh well. I just hope Harbaugh stops being Nolan/Singletary and starts becoming more like Walsh (or even Mariucci at this point) sooner rather than later.

With that said, I think the 49ers will come out flat and the combination of Dalton/Green will crush our secondary if the front seven doesnt get to Dalton. Prediction -

49ers 20
Bengals 24

With how bad this division is no losses hurt us until after the bye week. With that said this is a very winnable game and if this team feels like it is capable of making the playoffs they should win these types of games.

Cincy's o-line has given up 7 sacks so far. I think we are going to see Fangio use a lot of the same game plan he used in week 1 against the Seahawks.

Menardo75 09-23-2011 12:47 PM

Borat these threads are amazing.

Borat 09-23-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 2687325)
Borat these threads are amazing.

Thank you gentlemen.

Ness 09-23-2011 07:37 PM

Dalton looks like he might actually be a good quarterback. I feel good about the 49ers bottling up Benson, but I get the feeling that Dalton and Green, both rookies, are going to school the 49ers secondary as we really don't have any playmakers back there.

Madirishman 09-23-2011 08:51 PM

Maybe this will be the week where Whitner lays the smack down on a WR like Green over the middle, sending a message. We shouldn't get dominated by rookies.

Ness 09-23-2011 09:17 PM

Wasn't Dalton the quarterback the 49ers were also thinking about taking before he was snatched up right in front of them by the Bengals, forcing them to select Kaepernick? Or was that just a story?

Madirishman 09-24-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 2687648)
Wasn't Dalton the quarterback the 49ers were also thinking about taking before he was snatched up right in front of them by the Bengals, forcing them to select Kaepernick? Or was that just a story?

Yes, it was speculated during the Draft process that Harbaugh might target Dalton among the QBs as his skill set matched what was believed to be what would fit Harbaugh's offense. A report at the end of night 1 of the Draft had the Niners trying to trade back into the late 1st to select Dalton, but it didn't happen. I don't think he settled for Kap because Dalton was gone though; I believe he had them both graded high, with perhaps Dalton being slightly higher. When Dalton was selected, the Niners needed to trade up to get Kap and make sure that they didn't miss on both their targets at QB.

Maiocco reported this week that Harbaugh confirmed he had a high grade on Dalton during the Draft process.

Personally, I was high on both Dalton and Kap through the Draft process. I think Kap is the bigger risk but has the higher NFL ceiling.

Brent 09-24-2011 08:59 AM

I liked that ginger more, but I am fine with Kaep.

Madirishman 09-24-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2687793)
I liked that ginger more, but I am fine with Kaep.

Agree. If Harbaugh didn't believe in him, he wouldn't have taken him. Dalton was obviously more polished as a first-year prospect, thus why he is playing and Kap is not...yet.

Ness 09-24-2011 02:43 PM

On that note, do you guys think that if the 49ers are in range to take someone like Matt Barkley (I don't think they can get Andrew Luck), do they take him even though Kaepernick will only be entering his second season? I'm thinking yes.

Madirishman 09-24-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 2687976)
On that note, do you guys think that if the 49ers are in range to take someone like Matt Barkley (I don't think they can get Andrew Luck), do they take him even though Kaepernick will only be entering his second season? I'm thinking yes.

Yes, unless they see something definitive in Kap this season that makes them assured he is the definite QBOTF. I think Harbaugh will continue to collect QBs any chance he gets. However, some skeptics out there say that Barkley may surpass Luck as a prospect and be the first QB taken in April. A lot can happen between now and then and I'd be overjoyed if Luck's stock dropped enough where the Niners had a shot at him, so long as it wasn't something like a structural damage type of shoulder injury to his throwing arm.

ninerfan 09-24-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madirishman (Post 2687998)
Yes, unless they see something definitive in Kap this season that makes them assured he is the definite QBOTF. I think Harbaugh will continue to collect QBs any chance he gets. However, some skeptics out there say that Barkley may surpass Luck as a prospect and be the first QB taken in April. A lot can happen between now and then and I'd be overjoyed if Luck's stock dropped enough where the Niners had a shot at him, so long as it wasn't something like a structural damage type of shoulder injury to his throwing arm.

Furthest Luck will drop in no.2 so its going to take the mother of all trades to get him to the 9ers

dan77733 09-24-2011 06:40 PM

If we lose tomorrow, getting Luck is a definite possibility because I dont see how we'll be able to outscore Philly so if we lose tomorrow, we'll be 1-3 after next week which projects to a 4-12 record and most likely a top five draft pick. Also have to see what teams are in front of us. If its a team like the Jaguars, Titans, Panthers, etc. who just drafted a QB in the first round, I would be shocked if any of them drafted another QB especially in the top five. It all depends on what happens tomorrow.

Ness 09-24-2011 09:40 PM

Jones, Barkley, or Luck. I'll take any of them over our current crop of quarterbacks.

Brent 09-24-2011 10:04 PM

I am quite fond of Landry Jones.

49erNation85 09-24-2011 11:16 PM

I would pass on Jones I think he is getting way to much hype since Bradford coming out.Tho I would go for luck or Barkely more pro stye ready.

hawkeye123 09-25-2011 12:14 AM

Ness 09-25-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 2688445)

No more early round offensive linemen for a while. I've had enough. I'll try free agency instead. What this organization is trying to do with building their line obviously isn't working.

Goon61 09-25-2011 09:48 AM

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? 09-25-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 2687976)

Only way SF drafts a QB is if they get pick 1. 49ers invested the equivalent of a top 15 pick into Kaepernick. If Kaepernick isn't ready Matt Flynn and Josh Johnson will be available in free agency.

Brent 09-25-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goon61 (Post 2688552)

I would rather they not select a 5'10" QB.

Madirishman 09-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? (Post 2688620)
Only way SF drafts a QB is if they get pick 1. 49ers invested the equivalent of a top 15 pick into Kaepernick. If Kaepernick isn't ready Matt Flynn and Josh Johnson will be available in free agency.

A 2nd and a 4th won't get you into the top 15 in the NFL Draft. It will get you toward the top of the 2nd, where they moved to get Kap.

If the Niners have a Top 10 pick in April, then that means they're in the market for a QB and will take one they like if he is available when they pick.

Madirishman 09-25-2011 11:34 AM

Taylor Mays inactive today vs. Niners. No opportunity to prove to the Niners that he isn't a bust.

WR Jerome Simpson will play though, which may be one of his last games in the NFL, after several pounds of sticky icky fresh from Humboldt were found in the mail, addressed to his home.

I would love to see Crabtree and/or Morgan burn Clements on a double move for a deep score today.