Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Can anyone beat the Tide this season?? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48854)

FUNBUNCHER 10-01-2011 11:22 PM

Can anyone beat the Tide this season??

I don't think so.
I forgot who said it, but someone on ESPN commented that EVERYONE on Alabama's defense is going to play in the NFL.

I'm starting to believe it.

Complex 10-01-2011 11:26 PM

LSU has a better defense imo and I think they will beat Bama. South Carolina could beat bama if they had a semi-decent QB.

JRTPlaya21 10-01-2011 11:37 PM

That LSU game will be no cakewalk.....

wogitalia 10-04-2011 01:42 AM

The real question is, is there any chance that the NC isn't from the SEC... again...

BRAVEHEART 10-04-2011 01:50 AM

descendency 10-04-2011 02:00 AM

Alabama's problem is their DL is a lot weaker than the rest of their defense. Upshaw is their best pass rusher, but he's really going to struggle to get decent pressure against a solid OL.

I think they are the best defense in the nation, but I will say this: their DL is no where near what it has been. Losing Cody and Dareus has basically neutered it.

VUBlacknGold 10-04-2011 02:08 AM

they gunna lose this saturday..... i hope

BRAVEHEART 10-04-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold (Post 2700432)
they gunna lose this saturday..... i hope

Not this year, not until Kimbrow arrives.

JHL6719 10-04-2011 07:40 AM

Maybe the Packers.... that's about it.

JoeJoeBrown 10-04-2011 09:38 AM

Lsu, Wisconsin, and Clemson all would have a fair chance at beating bama.

Smooth Criminal 10-04-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogitalia (Post 2700406)
The real question is, is there any chance that the NC isn't from the SEC... again...

Yup. Unless Wisconsin or Oklahoma can play their best game of the year.

Ozzy 10-05-2011 04:16 PM

The difference between Alabama and LSU at this moment is Alabama has Trent Richardson, give me Bama's running backs, tight ends, offensive line and quarterback over LSU's at this point. Defense LSU has a slight edge but not by much, it is only because the defensive backs are better than Bama's same with the defensive line, but linebackers Bama has the strong edge.

As for Bama's defense all being in the NFL. That will happen, arguably though guys like Jerrell Harris and or Jesse Williams might have a harder time sticking around the league. But of course Bama always have the talent and consistently seems to find the biggest and best linebackers and defensive ends/tackles around.

DE Damion Square
NT Josh Chapman
DE Jesse Williams
OLB Countrey Upshaw/ Adrian Hubbard
ILB Dont'a Hightower
ILB Nico Johnson/ CJ Mosley
OLB Jerrell Harris/ Alex Watkins
CB Dre Kirkpatrick
CB Dee Milliner
SS Mark Barron
FS Robert Lester

CashmoneyDrew 10-05-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART (Post 2700462)
Not this year, not until Kimbrow arrives.

If Kimbrow doesn't flunk out of Vandy in two years I'll eat a sock. Still wondering how he'll even get in.

BRAVEHEART 10-05-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 2701639)
If Kimbrow doesn't flunk out of Vandy in two years I'll eat a sock. Still wondering how he'll even get in.

C'mon, this is CFB. Vandy will find a way.

Ozzy 10-05-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

BRAVEHEART C'mon, this is CFB. Vandy will find a way.
No I don't think they will find a way...

Have they ever been good, ever? Not in the past decade or more, ok with Jay but nothing elite, at least were competitive though. For them to be great they have to out recruit the SEC powers, good luck. Should just f it and go Paul Johnson and run an out of the ordinary rare offense, then they might have success, run a triple old school option like Navy in the SEC...Better than trying it man up pro style.

BRAVEHEART 10-05-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 2701698)
No I don't think they will find a way...

Have they ever been good, ever? Not in the past decade or more, ok with Jay but nothing elite, at least were competitive though. For them to be great they have to out recruit the SEC powers, good luck. Should just f it and go Paul Johnson and run an out of the ordinary rare offense, then they might have success, run a triple old school option like Navy in the SEC...Better than trying it man up pro style.

...ummmm, I think you should read my post again.

Ozzy 10-05-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

BRAVEHEART ...ummmm, I think you should read my post again.
Pretty sure that everything said about Vandy being a potential solid team is always instantly considered sarcastic, as I took your statement I referenced...

BRAVEHEART 10-05-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 2701756)
Pretty sure that everything said about Vandy being a potential solid team is always instantly considered sarcastic, as I took your statement I referenced...

I think you might need to read it again.

CashmoneyDrew 10-05-2011 07:31 PM

Braveheart is saying Vandy will find a way to get Kimbrow in school. You think he's saying Vandy will beat Bama. Case closed.

VUBlacknGold 10-05-2011 07:38 PM

So much Vandy hate Ozzy :( we got a new coach, improved athletic facilities as well as playing in the best conference in America, finally putting money into our system and selling change to prospects. Is it so hard to believe a "smart" school can have a good team or is that not possible? They arent there yet but give them more than 4 games

PS Vandy aint beating Bama unless its the rapture

Punisher 10-05-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold (Post 2701850)
Is it so hard to believe a "smart" school can have a good team or is that not possible?

...STANFORD?

sbh15 10-05-2011 08:29 PM

alabama can be beaten by any team with a great (not good - great) run defense and good passing attack. florida was killing them through the air with brantley in and that game would have been a good one had trent richardson been a human being. instead he's some kind of alien-hulk thing.

i think wisconsin could be a good match-up, actually. i just wish we could see them tested by a very good running back. the big 10 is no cakewalk this season, and wisconsin has been pretty dominant. i actually see the national championship shaping up to be the big-10 winner vs the sec winner

Rabscuttle 10-05-2011 09:30 PM

Boise will have been resting since their opener. They should be fresh. Bored out of their skulls, but fresh with an entire season to work on wrinkles to for their bowl game.

BRAVEHEART 10-05-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold (Post 2701850)
So much Vandy hate Ozzy :( we got a new coach, improved athletic facilities as well as playing in the best conference in America, finally putting money into our system and selling change to prospects. Is it so hard to believe a "smart" school can have a good team or is that not possible? They arent there yet but give them more than 4 games

PS Vandy aint beating Bama unless its the Kimbrow

Fixed it for yah. Vandy can make it, all they need is some success so recruits can jump on the bandwagon. I think this current recruiting class will be the turning point. It'll take a around 4-5 years, but I think Vandy will be a solid team by then (if the staff remains the same).

If that don't work, start giving football scholarships to kids that want to join the BBall team but can't make it. ;)

TitanHope 10-06-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 2701907)
...good passing attack...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!