Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Vikings Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Vikings vs Packers gameday thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49191)

marshallb 10-23-2011 01:50 PM

Vikings vs Packers gameday thread

This one is gonna be rough.
Quote:

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
#Vikings deactivate Antoine Winfield, Chris Cook, Jamarca Sanford, John Sullivan, DeMarcus Love, Bernard Berrian, and D'Aundre Reed
That is 5 week one starters inactive, 3 due to injury, 1 is currently sitting in jail, and another is for an unknown reason(although that reason may just be that he sucks). Only one starting OL is actually 100% and that is Berger, the normal backup Center. We're starting Cedric Griffin and Asher Allen at CB with Marcus Scherels or Brandon Burton(active for the first time) in the nickel, and we're starting Tyrell Johnson at S. Oh yea, did I forget to mention that we're playing the best team in football right now with the top QB currently and probably the best set of receiving options in the game.

General Zod 10-23-2011 01:51 PM

This made me lol..

@TomPelissero Tom Pelissero
Bernard's last name shall henceforth be pronounced "Bury Him."

Crazy_Chris 10-23-2011 01:54 PM

This is going to be a slaughter unless AD goes absolutly nuts.

marshallb 10-23-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris (Post 2722164)
This is going to be a slaughter even if AD goes absolutly nuts.

fixed that for ya.

General Zod 10-23-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris (Post 2722164)
This is going to be a slaughter unless AD goes absolutly nuts.

He'd have to do it with about 15 carries knowing our coaching staff...

Crazy_Chris 10-23-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallb (Post 2722169)
fixed that for ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Zod
He'd have to do it with about 15 carries knowing our coaching staff...

Lol, both are probably going to be true.

marshallb 10-23-2011 03:26 PM

...So umm, damn good start.

marshallb 10-23-2011 06:27 PM

Well, we lost, but damn that was the most exciting game all year, and was WAY closer than I ever imagined. Ponder wasn't perfect, far from it, but he kept us in the game, and made some big plays, which really is all you can expect from a rookie, especially in this season with virtually no offseason.

djp 10-23-2011 07:02 PM

Just got back from the game.. would have been a great time if not for the completely wasted Packer fans screaming in front of and behind me the entire game. I will never understand how grown men can act like 14 year olds simply because they're at an NFL game. We even offered to switch seats with the guys behind me because they were screaming back and forth to their friends that were right in front of us.

"Yeah, we're too loud, because it's so quiet in here, right? Get real dude"

No, you ******* moron, I'm trying to A) stop you from screaming right next to my ear and B) get you closer to your buddies (although A was the primary reason for me asking). Go ahead and keep screaming at your fatter than holy hell friend.

djp 10-23-2011 08:17 PM

Liked some of what I saw from Ponder. Be nice if they let him drop back a bit more, the Packers were keeping a spy on the bootleg every single passing down in the 3rd quarter and he continually had nowhere to go.

marshallb 10-23-2011 11:40 PM

Very interesting stat:
Quote:

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Inside the numbers: 12 of Christian Ponder's 13 completions went for a first down or a score. Seven of them came on third down.
Just goes to show how you can't just look at the stat sheet to tell how well someone played. Damn near every one of his completions meant something, instead of all of the hollow, meaningless completions that many QBs get.

yo123 10-23-2011 11:47 PM

Agreed. We honestly haven't seen 3rd down QB play like that since '09. Which is a good and a bad thing depending how you look at it.

prock 10-24-2011 12:16 AM

Valiant effort by Ponder. I like what I see in him. We didn't win, but Allen was awesome, Peterson was awesome, Ponder looked good. I'm happy about this loss.

yo123 10-24-2011 12:17 AM

I thought you meant Asher Allen for a second. And I was very, very confused.

tjsunstein 10-24-2011 12:27 AM

Good game.
Jared Allen got his usual against the Pack.
Our defense looks like it's regressing, we need this bye week.
Adrian Peterson continues to be special.
Ponder grew on me some more. I hate that I like the kid.

The Vikings gave us a fight like we expected them to. I was nervous about this game solely because of Adrian Peterson but I came away with more overall concerns with the Packers.

Crazy_Chris 10-24-2011 11:33 AM

Very happy with what I saw from Ponder, there was ups and downs as expected with rookies. But he showed good pocket presence, made solid reads & got the ball out quick, and he made some great plays when it mattered most on 3rd downs(which the offense had been sorely lacking).

tombau 10-24-2011 11:52 AM

On Christian Ponder:

Even when Donovan McNabb was at his worst and his passes were nearly indistinguishable from celebratory end zone spikes, I gave Leslie Frazier the benefit of the doubt. Word on the street (okay, Twitter) was that Christian Ponder was just nowhere near ready to play in an NFL game. If that's the case, whenever he is ready to play in an NFL game, he's going to be a beast. Ponder makes plays. His numbers on the day weren't good, but there were all kinds of flashes of potential. He's athletic, he's accurate, he's got good instincts, and he moves the chains. The Vikings have no business being in a competitive game against the Packers, but there they were. I'm excited about Christian Ponder.

from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...ner?author=MJD