Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   No Shave November 2011 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49305)

vikes_28 10-31-2011 12:03 PM

No Shave November 2011
 
Rules:
-Clean shaven by tonight, or tomorrow
-You cannot shave the whole month of November
-Pictures are a must


If there are enough people joining, we can post pictures and the awesome people at NFLDC can vote on the best beard.

The_Dude 10-31-2011 12:04 PM

Are you going to wimp out after 2 weeks again this year?

Damix 10-31-2011 12:08 PM

Would like to do this, corporate world looks down upon it though.

bantx 10-31-2011 12:34 PM

if I tried this I'd look pretty mexican

CashmoneyDrew 10-31-2011 12:59 PM

I could grow a sweet goatee but my cheeks would be so patchy.

nepg 10-31-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damix (Post 2731651)
Would like to do this, corporate world looks down upon it though.

The alternative for people who have jobs is Movember...in which one grows a (hopefully ridiculous) mustache. I may partake in that endeavor, but I cannot do No-shave November. Cannot, will not.

http://us.movember.com/

The_Dude 10-31-2011 01:27 PM

if you do Movember, no one should be able to give you **** since it is for a good cause.

nepg 10-31-2011 01:44 PM

Exactly. It's for charity (even though I'm not donating ****).

So we can have No-Shave for the jobless bums here, and Movember for the 1%.

ImBrotherCain 10-31-2011 02:08 PM

I am in the same boat as Damix... and I grow a reverse Hitler due to a scar under my nose. Sooo yeah not going to happen this year

Forenci 10-31-2011 02:10 PM

I'm always down for an excuse not to shave. Although my girlfriend will surely hate me for it.

A Perfect Score 10-31-2011 02:13 PM

I'll be doing it good and proper this year. I'm going to look like a dirty pedophile when its all said and done.

Forenci 10-31-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2731786)
I'll be doing it good and proper this year. I'm going to look like a dirty pedophile when its all said and done.

Who's to say you already don't look like one?

HAH!

vikes_28 10-31-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 2731648)
Are you going to wimp out after 2 weeks again this year?

Lol you say this every year i do this. I grew a full beard last year.

MetSox17 10-31-2011 02:56 PM

I can only grow a goatee and mustache, so that's what the plan is. Although i have stray hairs, so i might shave those throughout the month.

Damix 10-31-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2731701)
The alternative for people who have jobs is Movember...in which one grows a (hopefully ridiculous) mustache. I may partake in that endeavor, but I cannot do No-shave November. Cannot, will not.

http://us.movember.com/


Kind of funny, literally just got an email saying my company is supporting this. Ha!

MetSox17 10-31-2011 03:26 PM

I haven't been without a goatee in like, two years. Would it be okay if i kept my goatee and just not shaved my mustache..? I need a judge here.

vikes_28 10-31-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2731889)
I haven't been without a goatee in like, two years. Would it be okay if i kept my goatee and just not shaved my mustache..? I need a judge here.

I see no problem with it.

TitanHope 10-31-2011 08:01 PM

I can't do it this year cause of my job. :{(

The_Dude 10-31-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikes_28 (Post 2731829)
Lol you say this every year i do this. I grew a full beard last year.

Yeah, i was wrong. It was 2 years ago that you dropped out......

But after finding this gem from last year's thread, maybe you should have dropped out! ;)



I usually go a couple of weeks inbetween shaves, so we'll see if i go for the whole month again. The sad thing is that no one ever notices anyway.

edit: you use the word "full" pretty loosely, too! :)

CJSchneider 10-31-2011 08:33 PM

I take it back. I guess I wouldn't be the most ridiculous looking one who participated.

Paul 10-31-2011 08:49 PM

I'm in this *****. A goatee is my only option, it's patchy on the cheeks. Stupid Asian genetics.

nepg 10-31-2011 08:52 PM

Bikes definitely should have dropped out.

vikes_28 10-31-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 2732197)
Yeah, i was wrong. It was 2 years ago that you dropped out......

But after finding this gem from last year's thread, maybe you should have dropped out! ;)



I usually go a couple of weeks inbetween shaves, so we'll see if i go for the whole month again. The sad thing is that no one ever notices anyway.

edit: you use the word "full" pretty loosely, too! :)

Ok sorry, spotty beard. Either way, I didn't shave at all last year.

M.O.T.H. 10-31-2011 09:12 PM

I normally do it every year, but I'm out this year. I did grow an epic hobo beard in the Summer to make up for it.

BuckeyeDan17 11-02-2011 02:59 PM

I'd be down if my "beard" didn't look like a bunch of friends of mine glued their pubic hair to my face while I was asleep. I'd look like an idiot and that **** is a girls repellant.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.