Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rematch? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49420)

descendency 11-07-2011 07:50 PM

Rematch?

Assume Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma and Stanford loses to Oregon, who would you put in the BCS title game?

niel89 11-07-2011 08:11 PM

Give me Boise so we can see if they deserve to be there. We just saw how Alabama stacks up so let's give Boise a shot.

TACKLE 11-07-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 2740283)
Assume Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma and Stanford loses to Oregon, who would you put in the BCS title game?

Alabama...

gpngc 11-07-2011 08:15 PM

Is there any realistic chance Boise does get the nod in this scenario?

Grizzlegom 11-07-2011 08:59 PM

Where's my Houston option??? But seriously, I'd go Boise if they are still undefeated.

descendency 11-07-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 2740365)
Is there any realistic chance Boise does get the nod in this scenario?

I'd say no. Honestly, Boise's schedule will get them killed by the computers. So even if the human polls give boise straight 1s (which won't happen), they are probably still outside.

The best hope for Boise is a Stanford, OkSU, and Alabama (again) loss. Where OkSU loses to someone other than Oklahoma and Stanford loses to someone not Oregon. Alabama loses to someone on their schedule. That's about the only way I can see Boise getting in.

SickwithIt1010 11-07-2011 09:20 PM

BSU deserves it. Bama just got scored 6 points in a ******* loss. 6 ******* points, and they drop 1 ******* spot. I dont give 2 shits if it was against LSU that is ******* horrid.

soybean 11-07-2011 11:04 PM

**** THAT! If there's a rematch, I guarantee you it will be the lowest rated BCS national championship ever.

JRTPlaya21 11-07-2011 11:10 PM

Why is this even a thread.....honestly.

mqtirishfan 11-07-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 2741026)
**** THAT! If there's a rematch, I guarantee you it will be the lowest rated BCS national championship ever.

That's just not likely.

Iamcanadian 11-07-2011 11:25 PM

Boise St. may get in even if one of Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated. It would come down to how LSU does against Georgia in the SEC Championship game. If Georgia gives LSU a close match or even possibly beats them, then Boise St. has a strong argument to be included in the National Championship game since they destroyed Georgia at Georgia to open the season. I can see a scenario where the SEC gets left out of the NCG and Boise plays either Stanford or Oklahoma St.
This isn't over by any means.

fenikz 11-07-2011 11:56 PM

much rather see Bama than Boise get blown out

niel89 11-07-2011 11:59 PM

If Boise gets blown out, I still would rather have them just so I don't have to hear about them getting screwed out of the chance to play for the title anymore.

SickwithIt1010 11-08-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 2741079)
much rather see Bama than Boise get blown out

Bama doesnt deserve to play for it if Boise runs the table.

descendency 11-08-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 2741082)
If Boise gets blown out, I still would rather have them just so I don't have to hear about them getting screwed out of the chance to play for the title anymore.

Though, it will be annoying to hear that "they just had a bad game" or "you're punishing these guys for what the team three years ago did." Obviously, their movement to the Big East (which makes zero since, except for TV revenue... because they won't get any from Texas)

There will always be an excuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2741049)
Boise St. may get in even if one of Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated. It would come down to how LSU does against Georgia in the SEC Championship game. If Georgia gives LSU a close match or even possibly beats them, then Boise St. has a strong argument to be included in the National Championship game since they destroyed Georgia at Georgia to open the season. I can see a scenario where the SEC gets left out of the NCG and Boise plays either Stanford or Oklahoma St.
This isn't over by any means.

If LSU loses, Alabama will be put in the championship game. The best case scenario is one where LSU wins out.

heavyduty 11-08-2011 01:29 AM

If Boise wants a shot they need to start scheduling more then 2 respectable teams every season. I would take a 1 loss Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford (if it happens), **** even Clemson before Boise.

SickwithIt1010 11-08-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 2741118)
If Boise wants a shot they need to start scheduling more then 2 respectable teams every season. I would take a 1 loss Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford (if it happens), **** even Clemson before Boise.

They dont deserve it if they lose.

heavyduty 11-08-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2741120)
They dont deserve it if they lose.

I think if you beat 3+ ranked teams plus a stronger conference and have lost once then you have accomplished more and have more right to the Championship title game then a team that has coasted through the season beating only 1 ranked team and a bunch of bottom feeders a long the way.

SickwithIt1010 11-08-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 2741132)
I think if you beat 3+ ranked teams plus a stronger conference and have lost once then you have accomplished more and have more right to the Championship title game then a team that has coasted through the season beating only 1 ranked team and a bunch of bottom feeders a long the way.

No you dont, coaches ranked BSU where they did because they feel they are one of the best teams in the country. If they go undefeated along with LSU they deserve a chance. Simple as that.

heavyduty 11-08-2011 02:13 AM

I disagree. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss!!!! Give The U the same schedule and I bet they go 12-0 and are all the sudden "Championship Contenders". **** might as well throw a Heisman in there for Jacorry Harris too lol.

SickwithIt1010 11-08-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 2741136)
I disagree. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss!!!! Give The U the same schedule and I bet they go 12-0 and are all the sudden "Championship Contenders". **** might as well throw a Heisman in there for Jacorry Harris too lol.

No, because the U doesnt prepare like BSU does. BSU is the most well prepared team in the country week in and week out.

fenikz 11-08-2011 02:21 AM

besides Georgia, Miami would certainly sweep that schedule in it's year under a new coach

Razor 11-08-2011 03:14 AM

Alabama, and it's not even close. I don't care if BSI is undefeated, it's who you play. If Bama had BSI's schedule they'd be undefeated every single year too. Bama is the better team, and I'm hoping for a rematch. Ducks are going to kill Stanford, and I doubt that OSU can get past the Sooners.

RealityCheck 11-08-2011 04:27 AM

Stop talking Boise's schedule down.

If it's so easy to go undefeated in an non-AQ conference, why so few teams do it? They have beaten the best team in the SEC East in SEC territory. If they win out, they will have 4 wins over Top 50 teams (UGA, TCU, SDSU and Tulsa). Also, 9 of the 12 teams in Boise's schedule are likely to have winning seasons and 4 of them could be conference champions. When was the last time Bama beat 4 (okay, 3, UGA won't win the SEC) conference champions? Oh, yeah, that never happened, I guess.

And unlike Alabama, Boise has that thing called an offense. And that other thing called a QB.

Alright. Bama has something Boise doesn't have: A LOSS. A 9-6 LOSS AT HOME TO A TEAM THAT HAS NO OFFENSE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 2741118)

You cant't just go and schedule whoever you want. There's a whole process. Boise has tried to play Bama and Nebraska and both refused.
And you also can't join whichever conference you want. Boise is indeed trying to get a Pac-12 or Big 12 invite, but they need upgrades.

I do take my hats off to VT, UGA, Oregon and Michigan St. for scheduling Boise knowing they'll be picked on for losing to a Mountain West team.

Razor 11-08-2011 04:30 AM

OK. Since you used capital letters you must be right. Cool story...