Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Vikings Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Vikings @ Packers gameday thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49503)

djp 11-13-2011 11:47 PM

Vikings @ Packers gameday thread

Monday Night Football

marshallb 11-14-2011 12:27 AM

So, this is definitely our Super Bowl. From everything that I've heard and read, they know this and will hopefully they will play like it. Unfortunately, I will miss quite a bit of the game since I work 3-10 CT, so I will probably only be able to watch the 4th quarter. Hopefully it'll still be a good game by that time.

djp 11-14-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallb (Post 2748273)
So, this is definitely our Super Bowl. From everything that I've heard and read, they know this and will hopefully they will play like it. Unfortunately, I will miss quite a bit of the game since I work 3-10 CT, so I will probably only be able to watch the 4th quarter. Hopefully it'll still be a good game by that time.

I wouldn't hold your breath. A lot is going to depend on if the offensive line can take control and give Peterson some lanes to go through. If they can get a push, that takes a lot of pressure of Ponder to make more plays than he'd like.

That, and if Aaron Rodgers could somehow come down with a massive case of diarrhea before the game.

Also, you might wanna take those lyrics out of your sig. Pretty sure it's against the rules. You don't want a week long ban for something whack like that.

MassNole 11-14-2011 12:11 PM

Can't wait to see Ponder on MNF.

russie 11-14-2011 07:45 PM

good to see even with an extra week to prepare, they still suck

General Zod 11-14-2011 08:26 PM

Im not even going to bother with the nfl forum right now, the Packer trolls are out in full force.

BuckNaked 11-14-2011 09:23 PM

**** these refs

russie 11-14-2011 09:55 PM

the refs are horrible, the oline is horrible, ponder seems to be doing as much as he can to win while never being able to set his feet, secondary sucks, refs still calling ******** calls

the_legend_killer 11-14-2011 10:44 PM

Well, that was embarassing.

yo123 11-14-2011 11:51 PM

Couldn't watch the game. Someone give me some cliff notes. Any positives whatsoever?

Blow this team up ASAP.

djp 11-15-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2749838)
Couldn't watch the game. Someone give me some cliff notes. Any positives whatsoever?

Blow this team up ASAP.

Ponder showed flashes again but was inconsistent. Offensive line was absolutely atrocious. Packers punt return TD precipitated by an awful pass interference no call on Walden on a third down play to Shiancoe. Rodgers is really good. Their recievers are really good, and there's like 9 of them. And our defensive backs are absolutely miserable. Cedric Griffin looks like he's 65 years old. Winfield did look good in his first game back although hes not any better in man coverage than what he was before the injury. Jared Allen was pretty good. We have the worst special teams in football.

That was about it.

princefielder28 11-15-2011 10:03 AM

How soon before Bill Musgrave is replaced as OC? Every game I watch for Minnesota and it was nice because I was at the game last night, the play calling should be focused big time on Peterson and Harvin, and that's just not the direction they go. Kyle Rudolph needs to see the field more too.