Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2011 Bowl List (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49892)

SolidGold 12-05-2011 08:15 AM

2011 Bowl List
 
Dec. 17 Gildan New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M. - Temple vs. Wyoming

Dec. 17 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Boise, Idaho - Ohio vs. Utah State

Dec. 17 R+L Carriers New Orleans
New Orleans, La. - San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette

Dec. 20 Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, Fla. - FIU vs. Marshall

Dec. 21 S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
San Diego, Calif. - TCU vs. Louisiana Tech

Dec. 22 MAACO Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nev. - Boise State vs. Arizona State

Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii
Honolulu, Hawaii - Southern Miss vs. Nevada

Dec. 26 AdvoCare V100 Independence
Shreveport, La. - North Carolina vs. Missouri

Dec. 27 Little Caesars
Detroit, Mich. - Purdue vs. Western Michigan

Dec. 27 Belk
Charlotte, N.C. - NC State vs. Louisville

Dec. 28 Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman
Washington, D.C. - Air Force vs. Toledo

Dec. 28 Bridgepoint Education Holiday
San Diego, Calif. - Texas vs. California

Dec. 29 Champs Sports
Orlando, Fla. - Florida State vs. Notre Dame

Dec. 29 Valero Alamo
San Antonio, Texas - Baylor vs. Washington

Dec. 30 Bell Helicopter Armed Forces
Dallas, Texas - BYU vs. Tulsa

Dec. 30 New Era Pinstripe
Bronx, N.Y. - Iowa State vs. Rutgers

Dec. 30 Franklin American Mortgage Music City
Nashville, Tenn. - Wake Forest vs. Mississippi State

Dec. 30 Insight
Tempe, Ariz. - Iowa vs. Oklahoma

Dec. 31 Meineke Car Care of Texas
Houston, Texas - Northwestern vs. Texas A&M

Dec. 31 Hyundai Sun
El Paso, Texas - Georgia Tech vs. Utah

Dec. 31 AutoZone Liberty
Memphis, Tenn. - Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt

Dec. 31 Kraft Fight Hunger
San Francisco, Calif. - Illinois vs. UCLA

Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A
Atlanta, Ga. - Virginia vs. Auburn

Jan. 2 TicketCity
Dallas, Texas - Penn State vs. Houston

Jan. 2 Outback
Tampa, Fla. - Michigan State vs. Georgia

Jan. 2 Capital One
Orlando, Fla. - Nebraska vs. South Carolina

Jan. 2 Gator
Jacksonville, Fla. - Ohio State vs. Florida

Jan. 2 Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO
Pasadena, Calif. - Oregon vs. Wisconsin

Jan. 2 Tostitos Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz. - Stanford vs. Oklahoma State

Jan. 3 Allstate Sugar
New Orleans, La. - Virginia Tech vs. Michigan

Jan. 4 Discover Orange
Miami, Fla. - Clemson vs. West Virginia

Jan. 6 AT&T Cotton
Arlington, Texas - Kansas State vs. Arkansas

Jan. 7 BBVA Compass Bowl
Birmingham, Ala. - Pittsburgh vs. SMU

Jan. 8 GoDaddy.com
Mobile, Ala. - Northern Illinois vs. Arkansas State

Jan. 9 Allstate BCS National Championship Game
New Orleans, La. - LSU vs. Alabama

SolidGold 12-05-2011 08:17 AM

Makes me sad that Boise was not selected for an at large BCS berth. I think every one could agree even if they dislike Boise St that it's always intriguing to see how they match up against a big time school.

Sloopy 12-05-2011 08:25 AM

Ohio State really needs to decline the invite...

jrdrylie 12-05-2011 08:28 AM

Top bowls:
1. Rose Bowl
2. Fiesta Bowl
3. Cotton Bowl
4. Outback Bowl

Crappy bowl that will be good:
Northern Illinois vs. Arkansas State

Worst Bowls:
1. National Championship Game: Oklahoma State should have gone. Not Alabama. Nobody wants to watch another field goal kicking competition and I have already decided to do my part in making this the lowest rated national Championship Game in BCS history.
2. Gator Bowl: Anyone watch FSU-Florida? That game was awful. The Gator Bowl will be worse. I'm not sure the team will combine for 20 completions.
3. Little Caesars Bowl: Purdue is awful. 90% of the country probably doesn't even know Western Michigan has a football team.
4. Music City Bowl: Wake Forest is an extremely boring team to watch. Mississippi State is just awful.

JRTPlaya21 12-05-2011 10:30 AM

How many times do you have to make note in how many threads that the title match up doesn't live up to your standards? Getting kind of old dude. Enjoy you hoops game though.

keylime_5 12-05-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia (Post 2776730)
Ohio State really needs to decline the invite...

why?

bowl practice is the best part of making a bowl. it makes a big difference for evaluating young players and getting them reps.

they get another game of experience and this is a young team.

we're not gonna get a bowl ban, it won't make a difference there.

it's a january 2nd bowl. it would be one thing if it were a december 28th bowl or something.

JRTPlaya21 12-05-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2776871)
why? (10chars)

Because this guy says so...isn't it obvious keylime?? We have nothing by whiners and moaners in the college forum now.

Sloopy 12-05-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2776871)
why?

bowl practice is the best part of making a bowl. it makes a big difference for evaluating young players and getting them reps.

they get another game of experience and this is a young team.

we're not gonna get a bowl ban, it won't make a difference there.

it's a january 2nd bowl. it would be one thing if it were a december 28th bowl or something.

I just don't see there being that much to gain... If we win, we are a talented team that underperformed in a year filled with turmoil; if we lose, we suck.

No recruits are going to be swayed by the fact that we beat Utah State, in the off chance we lose, they might be a bit turned off.

Then there is the fact that we don't really deserve to be in a bowl with a 6-6 record

Also I just hate the whole toilet bowl series. If you can't make it to a big bowl why bother?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2776874)
Because this guy says so...isn't it obvious keylime?? We have nothing by whiners and moaners in the college forum now.

Not quite sure what I did to offend you, but by all means go ahead and call me a whiner because I disagree with you about something in a different thread, I guess that makes Diabsule a whiner too?

Come on man your better than resorting to petty insults. You want to really know whats wrong with this forum? Trolls like you are rampant, just looking to fight and when anyone opposes them instantly resort to arguments I haven't heard since I was in grade school.

JRTPlaya21 12-05-2011 11:23 AM

Boredom got to me so yes I am sorry for lashing out for no reason. I'm just sick at reading all the bickering that seems to be going on in our forum. The community is better then that as a whole & the endless chain argument is sad.

brat316 12-05-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2776733)
Top bowls:
1. Rose Bowl
2. Fiesta Bowl
3. Cotton Bowl
4. Outback Bowl

Crappy bowl that will be good:
Northern Illinois vs. Arkansas State

I think you mean TEMPLE vs Wyoming. Ground and pound running game vs Spread offense.
Quote:

Worst Bowls:
1. National Championship Game: Oklahoma State should have gone. Not Alabama. Nobody wants to watch another field goal kicking competition and I have already decided to do my part in making this the lowest rated national Championship Game in BCS history.
2. Gator Bowl: Anyone watch FSU-Florida? That game was awful. The Gator Bowl will be worse. I'm not sure the team will combine for 20 completions.
3. Little Caesars Bowl: Purdue is awful. 90% of the country probably doesn't even know Western Michigan has a football team.
4. Music City Bowl: Wake Forest is an extremely boring team to watch. Mississippi State is just awful.


1. Do you not like defense? You must love the Pac-12 and MAC weeknight games then. Don't watch the game you will get bored. It'll probably be the highest rated since these two SEC teams have a butt load of fans each and are nuts, not to mention the rest of the SEC fans that will watch it. So pretty much everyone from Tenn down, and Texas to FL.
2. Why you care, don't watch it.
3. Don't watch it then.
4. Turn off tv.

Why didn't you complain about UCLA getting in with their losing record?

Sloopy 12-05-2011 11:26 AM

agreed :) i also appologize if i offended you

JRTPlaya21 12-05-2011 11:32 AM

Haha not at all but my LSU buddy who said Bama will lose by double digits did lol. I swear that fanbase is at an all time high on the cockiness level....they are beatable.....

keylime_5 12-05-2011 11:34 AM

it's one thing if it's the TicketCity bowl or the Meinke Car Care Bowl, but making the Gator Bowl is not such a bad thing. The bowl practice and experience for this young team is very valuable, so there is something to gain by accepting the bowl bid. We don't really have much else to lose after a terrible month of November. Maybe we can put a good taste in our mouths at the end of this awful season that can springboard us for next year.

JRTPlaya21 12-05-2011 11:42 AM

I fully expect to watch you guys steamroll the Gators no contest. We all know that Michigan game should have been a victory so the bowl game should be no big worry.

keylime_5 12-05-2011 11:47 AM

i'm not that confident about us steamrolling anyone. this isn't a tressel coached team that gets way better as the season goes on like usual. the defense got way worse as the season went on and we lost 3 games in a row because of it. the passing game has improved with miller looking better and posey returning and being uncoverable, but they have still not found ways to win. should be an ugly game to watch.

jrdrylie 12-05-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 2776937)
I think you mean TEMPLE vs Wyoming. Ground and pound running game vs Spread offense.




1. Do you not like defense? You must love the Pac-12 and MAC weeknight games then. Don't watch the game you will get bored. It'll probably be the highest rated since these two SEC teams have a butt load of fans each and are nuts, not to mention the rest of the SEC fans that will watch it. So pretty much everyone from Tenn down, and Texas to FL.
2. Why you care, don't watch it.
3. Don't watch it then.
4. Turn off tv.

Why didn't you complain about UCLA getting in with their losing record?

I care about the Gator Bowl because there is a strong chance I'll be at it. I'm from Jacksonville. My dad is an Ohio State alumni. My brother graduated from Florida. As ugly as that game is, I'm positive someone is going to buy me tickets to it.

The other two games I probably won't watch. I might tune in for a little bit. But I won't go out of my way to watch it.

And somehow I missed Illinois vs. UCLA. That game is going to be attrocious. neither team is very good. Both fired their coaches. That is definitely the worst bowl game of the year.

Sloopy 12-05-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2776943)
it's one thing if it's the TicketCity bowl or the Meinke Car Care Bowl, but making the Gator Bowl is not such a bad thing. The bowl practice and experience for this young team is very valuable, so there is something to gain by accepting the bowl bid. We don't really have much else to lose after a terrible month of November. Maybe we can put a good taste in our mouths at the end of this awful season that can springboard us for next year.

LOL. My bad, I'm reading all of this on my tiny smart phone at work and thought we were in the Famous Idaho Potatoe Bowl against Utah State.

Still not sure we REALLY deserve to be there, although we definitely have something to gain (I for one would like to get another win against an SEC team so we can continue to dispell stupid stigmas)

Also, not to be mellow dramatic but... even with a win it probably wouldn't wash the sour taste out after the last loss, not even from a stupid fan standpoint, but the game was so close and to go out on that drive and have it end the way it did was painful. Our coaching staff really let the ball drop on that 3rd down not having a play called already and spiking it to go into fourth down...

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2776960)
i'm not that confident about us steamrolling anyone. this isn't a tressel coached team that gets way better as the season goes on like usual. the defense got way worse as the season went on and we lost 3 games in a row because of it. the passing game has improved with miller looking better and posey returning and being uncoverable, but they have still not found ways to win. should be an ugly game to watch.


Yea it might be a close game that can go either way, do we come out like we did against Wisc or against that other team

holt_bruce81 12-05-2011 02:57 PM

God I love how Mizzou beat and finished the season with a better record than Iowa State, Texas a&m and Texas, yet all three are going to a better bowl game than the Tigers.

Just like a few years ago when Missouri won the north and beat Nebraska 52-17 at Nebraska yet the cornhuskers went to a better bowl. Or in 2007 when the orange bowl took ku over mizzou.

So stupid maybe joining the SEC will fix this.

jrdrylie 12-05-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2777181)
God I love how Mizzou beat and finished the season with a better record than Iowa State, Texas a&m and Texas, yet all three are going to a better bowl game than the Tigers.

Just like a few years ago when Missouri won the north and beat Nebraska 52-17 at Nebraska yet the cornhuskers went to a better bowl. Or in 2007 when the orange bowl took ku over mizzou.

So stupid maybe joining the SEC will fix this.

Texas and Texas A&M getting better bowls doesn't surprise me at all. They have great traveling fan bases. They will sell all of their tickets. They will book a bunch of hotel rooms. But Iowa State is surprising. I don't know how great Missouri's fan base is at traveling to bowls, but they have to be better than Iowa State. And that is the problem with bowls. they choose based on how much money the teams will bring in, not how good the teams are.

molenguinurtle 12-06-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2777202)
Texas and Texas A&M getting better bowls doesn't surprise me at all. They have great traveling fan bases. They will sell all of their tickets. They will book a bunch of hotel rooms. But Iowa State is surprising. I don't know how great Missouri's fan base is at traveling to bowls, but they have to be better than Iowa State. And that is the problem with bowls. they choose based on how much money the teams will bring in, not how good the teams are.

Exactly.

Exhibit B: See my boys from Michigan State in comparison to that school in Ann Arbor.

JRTPlaya21 12-06-2011 12:21 AM

Hahahah I like how on sportsline they call it Clemson's biotch vs Michigan

soybean 12-06-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia (Post 2776926)
No recruits are going to be swayed by the fact that we beat Utah State, in the off chance we lose, they might be a bit turned off.

This argument and dialogue could have been clearly avoided if not for a simple mistake.

You guys are playing Florida not Utah State.

Also.... Boise State is going to DESTROY Arizona State... it's just going to make our conference look worse but I believe it to be so.

StickSkills 12-06-2011 06:13 AM

As a Penn State fan, upset that PSU got passed over by 3 bowls for Iowa, Ohio State, and Northwestern... all teams that we beat. However, looking at the fact that we're playing 12-1 Houston and still playing on Jan 2nd, I am happy.

Smooth Criminal 12-06-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 2776726)
Makes me sad that Boise was not selected for an at large BCS berth. I think every one could agree even if they dislike Boise St that it's always intriguing to see how they match up against a big time school.

Nope, I love watching them get left out. Maybe, just maybe, if we didn't have to hear them talked about as going undefeated and start debating whether or not they deserve to bein the NC after week 1 every year, I wouldn't get so much pleasure out of watching them lose.

Smooth Criminal 12-06-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 2777989)
As a Penn State fan, upset that PSU got passed over by 3 bowls for Iowa, Ohio State, and Northwestern... all teams that we beat. However, looking at the fact that we're playing 12-1 Houston and still playing on Jan 2nd, I am happy.

That's the bowl system. Penn State usually benefited from it, but after the last few weeks you can't blame a bowl from not wanting Penn State.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.