Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Week 14, Raiders @ Packers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50008)

cvv84 12-11-2011 04:53 PM

Week 14, Raiders @ Packers

Great start so far, nice to see everyone stepping up.

I'd love to see Clay get a few sacks this game. Gotta get him at least 10 again for the season.

SuperPacker 12-11-2011 05:47 PM

One more touchdown for Rodgers to break Favres record! Hope he does it today.

Hawk 12-11-2011 05:51 PM

This team is unreal

J-Mike88 12-11-2011 06:03 PM

Why did Saine leave the game?
What's wrong with him now?

I don't even think our offense was that sharp at all, but the turnovers by the D made it pretty easy.

Bad pass, and catch attempt, on the Int in the end zone.

cvv84 12-11-2011 06:27 PM

Great Jennings being carted to the locker room.

And can this defense ever play a consistant game? Yeah you're up but ******* tackle. So soft up the middle.

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 06:28 PM

Ugh, starting to feel sick. That doesn't look good for Jennings. Oddly enough, replay's didn't really show anything too bad

judging by his body language though and being carted off...I'm very concerned.

cvv84 12-11-2011 06:33 PM

Pickett is now out at well

Sherrod staying in at LT and gets beat for a sack of Rodgers - Yeah this is a great idea...

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 06:41 PM

Yeah what the hell is that? Newhouse isn't even hurt. Sherrod has looked horrible in this game, so why do they keep bringing him out there at LT...

it's nearly time to get Rodgers out of the game now, to

cvv84 12-11-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2784513)
Yeah what the hell is that? Newhouse isn't even hurt. Sherrod has looked horrible in this game, so why do they keep bringing him out there at LT...

it's nearly time to get Rodgers out of the game now, to

I'm guessing just for reps. EDS has looked like **** too.

No sacks by our defense either...

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 06:48 PM

EDS flatout blows. Sitton needs to come back fast

goddammit, this game should be GREAT(43-7) but I just can't shake the Jennings injury. All I can think about is that if its a torn ACL...he'll be done for NEXT season as well

please don't let that be the case

cvv84 12-11-2011 07:12 PM

Grant poops at pass protection.

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 07:39 PM

Well, damn near a perfect game

please be OK, Jennings

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 08:22 PM

To no surprise, McCarthy said it was a "knee sprain" and will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Don't know how serious it is. It honestly didn't even look bad, so I hope tomorrow confirms what the replays showed

Saine and Picket had concussions. That's it as far as injuries go

princefielder28 12-11-2011 09:08 PM

like you guys have mentioned, we dominated this game but it's overshadowed by the injuries and poor o-line play at times

J-Mike88 12-11-2011 09:10 PM

All that matters now is Jennings.

Rodgers passer rating was only in the 90's today.
He wasn't sharp, and I believe it's clear the weather has an impact on his feel, which is natural. Frostbite sucks.

Jennings is our Jerry Rice. We can't lose him..... I don't care if he misses a few games and comes back strong. But who knows what it is at this point.
Seems like we lose a guy every half.

Don't know what the hell was going on with Newhouse and Sherrod. Newhouse has gotten just owned by good DEs, so maybe they felt Sherrod would be better. Or they know that Clifton and/or Sitton won't be back, and need to get Sherrod some reps when possible before we play good teams.

Nice to see ZOMBO! back out there, and getting a sack.

Even without Jennings, we'd have 4 good ones, plus Finley.
But Jennings always draws the #1 CB's, which help Jordy, Jones, Driver, Cobb get better matchups.

All in all, a 30-point romp, but feels very bad all because of Jennings.

TimmG6376 12-11-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2784854)
To no surprise, McCarthy said it was a "knee sprain" and will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Don't know how serious it is. It honestly didn't even look bad, so I hope tomorrow confirms what the replays showed

Saine and Picket had concussions. That's it as far as injuries go

Yeah I couldn't see anything in the slow motion replay either. He appeared to be in some serious pain. The most concerning thing to me was his body language. He looked very dejected. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he can be ready to go for the playoffs.

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 09:16 PM

Well these player comments don't really ease my worries...

Jennings suffers knee sprain

Quote:

"It didn’t look very good, so we’ll see what the MRI says tomorrow and hopefully, you know, we got a bye wrapped up, so he really has close to five weeks before the next game, or our playoff game," Rodgers said. "So hopefully we can get him ready for that."

Tight end Jermichael Finley didn't see the injury himself. He doesn't know Jennings' status yet but didn't sound optimistic.

"It's the next man up right now," Finley said. "Last year, I went down at the beginning of the season and Greg stepped up. So this year, it'll be on our receiving corps to step up.

"He's a big-time playmaker on this offense and he's going to be missed. There's going to be a lot of the shoulders of whoever takes his spot."

"hopefully ready for the playoffs" and "he's going to be missed"? Sounds like the players are expecting him to at least miss some time

really hope it's only a sprain. He would have what? 5 weeks(with their bye) to get ready for the playoff game

cvv84 12-11-2011 09:19 PM

I'm hoping he can pull a Driver-Denver game and get carted off only to sprint back out at halftime.

Hopefully it isn't serious but luckily we're plush with receiving options.

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 09:32 PM

More Cobb/Jones or perhaps they bring that Gurley guy up from the PS. Read a Silverstein(I think it was him) piece on Gurley alittle over a month ago about how impressive he has looked in practice

Drive was one of the few who didn't sound too concerned

Quote:

TyDunne Tyler Dunne
Driver sounded more optimistic on 85: “I think he’ll be fine. I haven’t talked to him yet but I think he should be OK.” #packers

J-Mike88 12-11-2011 09:37 PM

Let's pray Jennings is okay.

Changing tunes, this pass was way too low..... it's not all Finleys fault.
Didn't give him a chance to reach up high and use his heighth advantage.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/607...-packers12.jpg

Why don't the ***** Journal Sentinel photos post? Bastards... I blame Kane.

BloodBrother 12-11-2011 09:48 PM

PFT is reporting(although unconfirmed) that it's a torn MCL for Jennings

hope that's not true

TimmG6376 12-12-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2785094)
Let's pray Jennings is okay.

Changing tunes, this pass was way too low..... it's not all Finleys fault.
Didn't give him a chance to reach up high and use his heighth advantage.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/607...-packers12.jpg

Why don't the ***** Journal Sentinel photos post? Bastards... I blame Kane.

That photo was taken after the ball went right through his hands. Could the ball have been better placed? Probably, but I've heard time and time again if you are receiver in the NFL and the ball hits you in the hands you should catch it. Even if he doesn't catch the ball, he should have at least got his hands on it enough to prevent the INT.

J-Mike88 12-12-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2785124)
PFT is reporting(although unconfirmed) that it's a torn MCL for Jennings....hope that's not true

How the hell would those guys know even before an MRI is done?
I really hope it's not true.
I know the ACL is the bad CL.... how fast can a guy come back from the MCL?

TimmG6376 12-12-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2786032)
How the hell would those guys know even before an MRI is done?
I really hope it's not true.
I know the ACL is the bad CL.... how fast can a guy come back from the MCL?

Looks like it depends on the severity of the tear.

Grade I = 1 -2 weeks
Grade II = 3 - 4 weeks
Grade III = 6+ weeks

TimmG6376 12-12-2011 09:59 AM

On a positive note, how about DJ Smith and Francois. Smith got his first career INT and Francois added another pick and a forced fumble (returned for TD by Walden). I've been impressed with how these guys have stepped in. Honestly, I've defended Hawk, but he might have to start looking over his shoulder next offseason. I don't think Hawk has the athleticism to make either of the INTs we've seen from Francois recently.