Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Lions Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   < Official Playoff Discussion Thread > (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50222)

Xiomera 12-24-2011 06:56 PM

< Official Playoff Discussion Thread >

**** YEAH. We're in, folks.

noondog 12-24-2011 07:36 PM

I'm so stoked! Looks like we'll have either the Cowboys or G-men in the first game too...either a very winnable game.

Stafford better get the pro bowl nod over Eli now.

Prowler 12-24-2011 10:09 PM

I would love to see the Saints beat the Falcons. The Cowboys/Giants would pretty much be a free pass to the divisional round. I would also love to play the 49ers if the Saints could somehow manage to get the bye and we lose to the Packers.

Stafford really looks like he's comfortable. The team was clicking and looked good against a team that was on a little hot streak. Hopefully Green Bay will win and lock things up. They have to be the best matchup for us possible in Week 17. They won't be looking to injure us(except maybe Suh) and hopefully we'll play against Matt Flynn, get the win, and keep momentum while playing an easier team in the playoffs.

This really is momentous. Nothing else can take away that we are a legitimate team. Nobody can deny how well the Lions have played this year and 10-5 instead of limping into the playoffs is another huge accomplishment. I'm proud of the team. They really are earning their place this year and not just hoping it got handed to them.

Xiomera 12-24-2011 10:59 PM

Well, a Saints win over the Falcons would only mean it'll come down to the final week to determine Detroit's seed. Even if ATL loses to NO, it doesn't secure the Lions the 5th seed as ATL holds the tie-breaker.

WMD 12-25-2011 01:14 AM

Scotty D 12-25-2011 05:23 AM

This may be the best thread on this site ever created.

Xiomera 12-25-2011 09:39 AM

Xiomera 12-25-2011 09:41 AM

noondog 12-25-2011 01:11 PM

This may just be the rum talking, but...I love you guys.

GO LIONS!!!

Seriously, I can't friggin wait for the playoffs.

Iamcanadian 12-27-2011 01:49 AM

Isn't it great and just think, next year will be even better. This team is just on the verge of greatness with a lot more to come in the future no matter how the playoffs play out.
Remember, 1st year teams in the playoffs have a hard time sometimes as they simply aren't used to the upgraded quality of play. It can take a season to learn to win in the playoffs so I'll try to keep my cool either way it goes.

Prowler 12-27-2011 08:35 AM

I don't know if it was just the fact that I had just watched Tebow, but Stafford's throws against San Diego were really special and he was really on target. He was throwing darts all game. As Stafford goes, so goes our team. If he can get into that kind of a rhythm again then we should do some damage. I want to supplant and surpass Atlanta as "that good young team with a top QB" in people's minds.

We do have a perfect storybook setting lined up for us now. Week 17 win against a resting Green Bay on the road to build confidence and prepare us for a divisional game rematch. Then hopefully someone beats the Saints and we can beat San Fran and have Schwartz slap Harbaugh's back.

J-Mike88 12-30-2011 09:31 AM

What are your guys thoughts on the Wildcard game?
Who/where do you want to play, and who not?

We will either play NYG, Dallas, Atlanta, or you guys for our first playoff game on January 15th.
I don't want to see the Giants or you guys. I'll take Dallas or Atlanta.

Xiomera 12-30-2011 09:50 AM

Lions vs. NFC East winner is much preferable. Detroit would win that game.

J-Mike88 12-30-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 2804899)
Lions vs. NFC East winner is much preferable. Detroit would win that game.

Would you rather go to the Giants or Cowboys?

Your finish in Dallas was all-time great this year.
I really want to see a rematch of that.... plus it would mean Dallas won that division and then next year on the schedule the Packers come here to play Dallas instead of at NY again.

Xiomera 12-30-2011 11:44 AM

I'd probably rather face Dallas, if only because the game would be in a dome.

Scotty D 01-02-2012 12:05 AM

Saturday night 8 PM in the Super Dome. Get your popcorn ready.

Xiomera 01-02-2012 12:08 AM

Saints 45, Lions 31

Prowler 01-02-2012 06:16 PM

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

Home:

St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Away:

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Philadelphia Eagles

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Holy ****, we're going to the playoffs next year too. NFC West and AFC South? Awesome!

Iamcanadian 01-03-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 2808953)
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

Home:

St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Away:

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Philadelphia Eagles

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Holy ****, we're going to the playoffs next year too. NFC West and AFC South? Awesome!

Na, it's Super Bowl all the way.

Xiomera 01-07-2012 05:21 PM

Predictions:

New Orleans 34, Detroit 27
Stafford passes for more yards than Brees
Sproles kickoff or punt returned for a touchdown

noondog 01-07-2012 06:47 PM

Let's Go Lions!!!

noondog 01-07-2012 07:17 PM

Best opening drive of the season!

Xiomera 01-07-2012 09:38 PM

Dropped interceptions, failure to get off the field on third down, atrocious tackling of running backs + a few bad officiating mistakes = Doomed

EDIT: Forgot to add an absent pass rush

bigredballer 01-07-2012 10:16 PM

We will never win with this defense. For all the talk about the D-line, they haven't gotten much pressure on Brees all night. The linebackers are atrocious, the secondary is even worse. The thing that surprises me most is that no one seems to be able to tackle at all...Schwartz is a defensive coach, I expect changes.

We can't waste any more Stafford to Calvin years.

Pa-the-tic.

Scotty D 01-07-2012 10:42 PM

Congrats on a good season.