Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bowl Game Pick 'em Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50290)

D-Unit 12-29-2011 02:45 PM

Bowl Game Pick 'em Discussion
 
Who do you guys like today?

CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL
Florida State -3.5 vs Notre Dame
O/U 46

VALERO ALAMO BOWL
Baylor -9.5 vs Washington
O/U 79.5

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 12-29-2011 03:11 PM

Feel like FSU and Baylor should crush their opponents. Put heavy confidence points on both of them

diabsoule 12-29-2011 03:34 PM

I like both FSU and Baylor too.

Why is this in the Off-Topic and not the College Football thread?

Shane P. Hallam 12-29-2011 03:42 PM

I think Washington pulls off the upset myself. Not sure Baylor will be quite up for it.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 2803861)
Feel like FSU and Baylor should crush their opponents. Put heavy confidence points on both of them

I'm liking FSU too. The game is being played in Orlando, so it should be a heavy FSU crowd. I like FSU's defense and I think they have the DBs to contain Floyd for most of the game. Outside of him, I don't think ND has a lot of offensive options. Their QB is shaky too.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2803897)
I think Washington pulls off the upset myself. Not sure Baylor will be quite up for it.

oooooooooh. I like the balls behind that call.

Everyone probably thinks there will be some major RG3 magic in the air. Tell me more about why you think Baylor won't be up for it. :)

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 04:00 PM

I like Washington and ND with the points.

TACKLE 12-29-2011 04:00 PM

Are you new here?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50122

Xiomera 12-29-2011 04:00 PM

I took FSU and Baylor. I'm 9-3 with my picks thus far.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 2803917)
I took FSU and Baylor. I'm 9-3 with my picks thus far.

Oh yea? Impressive! What line did you get for each game?

D-Unit 12-29-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2803915)
I like Washington and ND with the points.

Dog day, huh? Must hear why. I'm intrigued by your thoughts.

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2803922)
Dog day, huh? Must hear why. I'm intrigued by your thoughts.

I think Polk's running ability will keep the game close and then Washington wants to be there more than Baylor.

As for FSU/ND, everyone thinks FSU is going to blow ND out of the water so I like to take the opposite. When to many people like a game it's always best to go the other way.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2803937)
I think Polk's running ability will keep the game close and then Washington wants to be there more than Baylor.

As for FSU/ND, everyone thinks FSU is going to blow ND out of the water so I like to take the opposite. When to many people like a game it's always best to go the other way.

I like the thinking on the Washington call. Baylor's defense sucks, especially against the run. But Washington's defense sucks too. We all know how good RG3 is on the deep ball. I'm still undecided on that game.

I don't know if everyone thinks FSU will blow ND out of the water. The line is only 3.5. Do you think it will be a high scoring or low scoring game?

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2803957)
I like the thinking on the Washington call. Baylor's defense sucks, especially against the run. But Washington's defense sucks too. We all know how good RG3 is on the deep ball. I'm still undecided on that game.

I don't know if everyone thinks FSU will blow ND out of the water. The line is only 3.5. Do you think it will be a high scoring or low scoring game?

I'm thinking high 20's low 30's for each team.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2803958)
I'm thinking high 20's low 30's for each team.

4-5 TDs or 3-4 TDs and some FGs for each huh? I don't know if I think that. FSU's defense is 4th in the nation and Manti Te'o, Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton have a chance to shine here.

prock 12-29-2011 05:15 PM

I'll take FSU and then I will take Baylor winning the game, but the points go to Wash.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 06:04 PM

7-0 Notre Dame. Crapping my pants now... I took FSU half -1, FSU game -3 and Under 46.5.

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 06:17 PM

I might have had the score to high but I still expect my original take the ND points to be correct.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 12-29-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2803937)
I think Polk's running ability will keep the game close and then Washington wants to be there more than Baylor.

.

How do you even measure Washington wants to be there more? That is a terrible rationale for picking a team to win. I expect RG3 to be highly motivated and looking to cement his draft stock.

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 2804073)
How do you even measure Washington wants to be there more? That is a terrible rationale for picking a team to win. I expect RG3 to be highly motivated and looking to cement his draft stock.

Mostly because Baylor is such a highly ranked team while Washington finished with a mediocre record in the Pac 12. I'm not saying Washington will win but I like them enough to take the 10.5 points.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 06:58 PM

Lose the half. :(

Under 46.5 looks safe.

Hopefully FSU bounces back in the 2nd half.

Shane P. Hallam 12-29-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2803913)
oooooooooh. I like the balls behind that call.

Everyone probably thinks there will be some major RG3 magic in the air. Tell me more about why you think Baylor won't be up for it. :)

With the right gameplan, Washington can play ball control, score, and keep the ball out of RG3's hands. We shall see :)

D-Unit 12-29-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2804148)
With the right gameplan, Washington can play ball control, score, and keep the ball out of RG3's hands. We shall see :)

Baylor does have a pretty porous run defense. I just hate to go against a QB like Griffin who is chomping at the bit to raise his draft stock.

Washington usually plays strong 1st half defense, but they tire fast. I think once that happense RG3 could go nuts.

That UW QB Price is the wild card. If he can pass, then I think UW has a strong chance to cover the spread.

D-Unit 12-29-2011 09:03 PM

Game over. Loss the half, won the game, won the under.

Only took Baylor -10 here. No other calls.

Giantsfan1080 12-29-2011 09:55 PM

I seriously underestimated how bad ND's QB play would be. They totally crapped the bad in the 4th as always.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.