Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Landon Collins' Mom... SMH (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50430)

Jimmy 01-06-2012 10:15 AM

Landon Collins' Mom... SMH

Almost worse than Lebron's decision... So atrociously rude and disrespecful.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ent-on-live-tv

mellojello 01-06-2012 12:18 PM

Gotta a respect a kid who is trying to make the best decision for him. Must be tough not to have the support of him mom. I'm pulling for the kid and hope it works out for him and his family.

FlyingElvis 01-06-2012 12:35 PM

Where is his mom disrespectful, rude, or even unsupportive?

He's smiling while she's saying what she says. I think it's a bit absurd to read into this at all and cast his mom in a negative light.

If my kid goes to the NFL and plays for the Jets you can be damn sure I'll be sitting next to him with a Pats cap on saying the "Pats are no.1. Go Pats!"

Smooth Criminal 01-06-2012 01:03 PM

I think that's an opinion she Gould have kept to herself but it no where near as big of a deal as what people are making it out to be. My parents would definitely have my back an support my decision publicly even of they didn't agree with it.

FlyingElvis 01-06-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 2813344)
I think that's an opinion she Gould have kept to herself but it no where near as big of a deal as what people are making it out to be. My parents would definitely have my back an support my decision publicly even of they didn't agree with it.

I agree. Had she first said "Well, I support him BUT . . . " this wouldn't be a story.

My gut feeling based on how the interviewer leads into asking her about it is that there was a discussion prior to the live portion and she was expected to discuss her desire for her son to be a Tiger.

Either way, the headlines and spin saying she berates, humiliates, and scolds her son are just preposterous. That Bleacher Report article is just shameful in it's representation of what didn't happen. The douchenozzle that wrote it should be slapped around a bit.

SilentJaguar 01-06-2012 02:11 PM

It's the Bleacher Report... Who the hell takes them seriously?

MassNole 01-06-2012 02:17 PM

I think she was out of line, that was her baby's big moment and she made it about her wanton desire for him to stay closer to home.

JoeJoeBrown 01-06-2012 03:15 PM

It wasn't a big deal.

BTW, she's got a pretty face but I withhold further judgement until I see the rest of her body before I call her milftastic.

ElectricEye 01-06-2012 03:54 PM

I really don't see what the big deal is here. It was funny...and clearly tongue in cheek.

bearsfan_51 01-06-2012 04:29 PM

I don't think it was tongue-in-cheek at all. Even still, she didn't need to steal his moment like that. I think he was laughing because of how extremely awkward it was.

brat316 01-06-2012 05:25 PM

Can I holla at yo mom, yO?

No story here, bleacher report is trash, lets keeping moving.

Giantsfan1080 01-06-2012 05:52 PM

I think there was more that happened after that video. I believe she hit him with one of the gloves or something like that.

Ngatachance92 01-06-2012 06:17 PM

Well he did put SMH in the thread title, if he would have put SMDH it would be serious business.

sbh15 01-06-2012 11:39 PM

this is actually not all that surprising. if you follow recruiting, you know how big of a deal it can be getting a kid to go somewhere that mom doesn't want. this just seems like she really wanted him to stay close at lsu and she was upset her kid wasn't staying close to home. saying go tigers and tigers are number one was a bit over the top, though

holt_bruce81 01-07-2012 10:27 AM

I think she just did it to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Doesn't he live with his dad? I can see why.

saintsfan912 01-07-2012 01:53 PM

If the kid didn't live 15 minutes from Baton Rouge it wouldn't be a big deal. Sucks that his girlfriend made this decision for him. Oh well, you win some you lose some. His mom has every right to do what she did, nobody wants their kid to play for Saban.

JRTPlaya21 01-07-2012 02:19 PM

Yup his gf really made his decision for him..... I guess when Saban was at LSU nobody wanted to play for him there either........

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...l-america-game

saintsfan912 01-07-2012 05:18 PM

So you believe every word that comes out of people's mouths? Pretty sure I'd say that too if I lived that close to Baton Rouge and picked Bama. The decision was made the day his girlfriend decided to go to bama, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It could all change Monday night though when LSU wins another title.

sbh15 01-07-2012 05:41 PM

suggesting that his girlfriend was the reason is not farfetched at all. you would be surprised how much influence mothers and girlfriends have on these kids. i'm pretty sure that matt patchan picked the gators over the canes because of his girlfriend

Ngatachance92 01-07-2012 05:42 PM

He made that decision to make sure she's not ******* other dudes, too bad he's an athlete with most of his time taken up by the program so she'll still be ******* other dudes.

Ravens1991 01-07-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 2814552)
So you believe every word that comes out of people's mouths? Pretty sure I'd say that too if I lived that close to Baton Rouge and picked Bama. The decision was made the day his girlfriend decided to go to bama, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It could all change Monday night though when LSU wins another title.

He probably told the GF before hey im going to Alabama so she decided to follow him.

Complex 01-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991 (Post 2814700)
He probably told the GF before hey im going to Alabama so she decided to follow him.

She got a scholarship from Bama.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 (Post 2814607)
He made that decision to make sure she's not ******* other dudes, too bad he's an athlete with most of his time taken up by the program so she'll still be ******* other dudes.

A scholarship for sports and medical.

Ngatachance92 01-07-2012 06:49 PM

Ahhh... Even more time for her to **** other dudes.

Brent 01-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 (Post 2814607)

he'll be ******* other girls, so what's the point?

Ngatachance92 01-07-2012 09:41 PM

Very true...