Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Players the Bucs should sign in the off season (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50590)

bigbuc 01-16-2012 04:24 PM

Players the Bucs should sign in the off season

Could you become too young some times? In all sports Nfl, Nba and MLB etc... When you rebuild in the draft you walk a fine line of age vs experience and in doing so some times you end up with a locker room that has the skill to play, but doesn't know how to win with the skill they have. That's why I would like to see the Bucs bring in some Vets o help bring these kids along.

Guys like Donald Driver, London Fletcher, Shaun Eillis...

All these guys are a Pro's pro. They can play 10/12 snaps a games and help show this young team how to play in the NFL.

Caddy 01-16-2012 04:25 PM

We can bring in veterans without bringing in pensioners..

bigbuc 01-16-2012 04:49 PM

I'm taking about players that 1. Will not take vary many snaps from the guys we have here already and 2. We won't have to sign for big money.

Sure VJax is a vet that we can bring in. For 6 years at something like 55 to 65 million.

You're looking at my post in the wrong light Caddy. The guys I'm looking for are players who were once very good and can still be rotation guys that can help our young team out with veteran depth, kind of what Haynesworth did the second half of this year.

Caddy 01-16-2012 04:57 PM

You want players who did what Haynesworth did during last season... Ok?

I understand what you mean, but again, I'd rather invest in veterans who can actually play a considerable amount of time and give 10-12 reps per game to promising younger players.

kBuc5 01-17-2012 10:50 AM

I wouldn't mind bringing some of those Vets in bigbuc as long as we got some players to add to that list. Preferably some guys in their prime.

bucfan12 01-17-2012 10:55 AM

Guys I like that are realistic:

MLB David Hawthorne or Dqwell Jackson
CB Aaron Ross
WR Dwayne Bowe

kBuc5 01-17-2012 11:28 AM

I've read some where that Mario Williams might not be resigned, he's coming off a injury but I would sign him if he is available. Same with L. Landry.

I would roll the dice with either D. Jackson or V. Jackson at WR, but we are probably looking more of the Steve Johnson, Robert Meeacham level of WR's realistically. Marshawn Lynch, Finley, Dqwell Jackson and Carr or Ross would be guys I would try to sign.

bucfan12 01-17-2012 11:35 AM

I'd stay away from Stevie Johnson. The man drops too many easy balls, it's ridiculous.

Dwayne Bowe was prone to drops, but he's fixed that and can take over games. It was terrible what he went through at the QB position and that KC was in dissaray all year. Him and Mike Williams with some speed in the slot will open things up. He can be that big name we land .

Remember, 55 Million in cap space.

bucfan12 01-17-2012 11:36 AM

Also, I'd rather draft a RB fresh out of college in round 2-3 with less mileage than sign one in FA.

bigbuc 01-17-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 2829596)
Guys I like that are realistic:

MLB David Hawthorne or Dqwell Jackson
CB Aaron Ross
WR Dwayne Bowe

I'll take the CB from the G Men thats been hurt all year Thomas.

bucfan12 01-17-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 2829677)
I'll take the CB from the G Men thats been hurt all year Thomas.

Me too, but I think if the choice comes down to him or Ross, Thomas will stick around. Probably a cheaper option for them/.

I wouldn't be dissapointed with Ross as a consolation though. Played out of his mind lately. Plus, Giants are deep in the secondary. Can afford to let him walk.

impactplayerx47 01-19-2012 08:03 PM

I'd love to see some vets come in as well. I really like Aaron Ross and think he can really provide some value at CB. The move would add some flexibility in the draft and would maybe make us lean offense with that 1st round pick? I think there are some good players who can still develop with some good coaching ...broke my heart to see Spags land in N.O today...smh. WE NEED A COACH AND A STAFF ALREADY DAMMIT!

YoJoeBucsFan 01-19-2012 08:57 PM

Brandon Carr from the Chiefs.

TBBucs621 01-19-2012 09:04 PM

I would love to draft Richardson and sign DeSean Jackson. Need to use the rest of the draft on CB and LB.

bigbuc 01-19-2012 11:05 PM

I want Jackson no where near our locker room. The guy got benched this year! I would take Manningham from the G Men as our speed guy for 40% the cost of Jackson.

bigbuc 01-19-2012 11:08 PM

Also one CB we could get is Tracy Porter from NO. It would be a great move being that on top of getting a good CB we would be taking him away from NO.

Caddy 01-20-2012 04:52 AM

I'd rather steal Grimes from Atlanta to be honest. Adding him/another corner, a linebacker and a wide receiver who can stretch the field would help us out big time.

impactplayerx47 01-20-2012 07:14 PM

Fellas, I think we ALL KNOW Grimes can play. As much as I hate Falcons, he's one of the few players I respect on that squad. He's a damn good corner, and I would absolutely love to sign him as a FA.

I think it's unfortunate Desean Jackson hasn't developed into a player that didn't have "locker room issues" associated with him, because he's EXACTLY the kind of player I feel we need to help open up our offense. With that being said, our team showed a clear lack of leadership this year, and without a strong system of leadership in place amongst the players, I just don't think Desean can be held in check. I think he presents too much of a risk, we can't have any kind of nonsense in our locker room with such a young team.

I think Brandon Carr is an alright player. I think he'd be an upgrade over Mack, but Biggers, I don't know...he had a down year, but I wouldn't mind him competing for the job. If I had to pick between Grimes and Carr, I'd go with Grimes all day. I think he is kind of "slept on", and hopefully that can save us a few bucks on the free agent market if we are indeed interested. I think he is still going to develop and will make big strides in the right setting. I still think Aaron Ross is a better corner than both of those guys right now when he's on the field, but I def like Grimes.

bucfan12 01-20-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactplayerx47 (Post 2834119)
Fellas, I think we ALL KNOW Grimes can play. As much as I hate Falcons, he's one of the few players I respect on that squad. He's a damn good corner, and I would absolutely love to sign him as a FA.

I think it's unfortunate Desean Jackson hasn't developed into a player that didn't have "locker room issues" associated with him, because he's EXACTLY the kind of player I feel we need to help open up our offense. With that being said, our team showed a clear lack of leadership this year, and without a strong system of leadership in place amongst the players, I just don't think Desean can be held in check. I think he presents too much of a risk, we can't have any kind of nonsense in our locker room with such a young team.

I think Brandon Carr is an alright player. I think he'd be an upgrade over Mack, but Biggers, I don't know...he had a down year, but I wouldn't mind him competing for the job. If I had to pick between Grimes and Carr, I'd go with Grimes all day. I think he is kind of "slept on", and hopefully that can save us a few bucks on the free agent market if we are indeed interested. I think he is still going to develop and will make big strides in the right setting. I still think Aaron Ross is a better corner than both of those guys right now when he's on the field, but I def like Grimes.

Wow really? Carr is a HUGE upgrade over Mack/Biggers combined.

I think Carr stays in KC, but Tracey Porter according to NFL network, is probably going to walk. The Saints have made it there top priority to sign Brees, Nicks, and Colston, meaning Meachum and Porter will probably walk.

Caddy 01-21-2012 06:47 AM

I could have sworn I read/heard somewhere that Colston is going to walk if another teams puts more money on the table..

Legacy 01-21-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 2834373)
I could have sworn I read/heard somewhere that Colston is going to walk if another teams puts more money on the table..

As far as I know, the only thing he's said publicly in regards to contract talks with the Saints is that he won't be giving them a hometown discount.

The Saints are unlikely to keep him when you consider that they need to re-sign Drew Brees and will probably make a big effort to keep Carl Nicks, as well. If I were the Bucs, I'd focus on trying to lure Nicks here, since that would hurt the Saints while bolstering our own piss-poor offensive line.

kBuc5 01-21-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 2834382)
As far as I know, the only thing he's said publicly in regards to contract talks with the Saints is that he won't be giving them a hometown discount.

The Saints are unlikely to keep him when you consider that they need to re-sign Drew Brees and will probably make a big effort to keep Carl Nicks, as well. If I were the Bucs, I'd focus on trying to lure Nicks here, since that would hurt the Saints while bolstering our own piss-poor offensive line.

I read that Brees, Nicks and Colston are there top priorities - Meeacham and Porter will most likely not be back.

TBBucs621 01-22-2012 06:54 PM

Players I would love to see in Tampa that are unrestricted free agents are: Peyton Hillis, Mario Williams, Jason Campbell (as a backup and experienced QB), Brent Grimes, and a safety.

bigbuc 01-22-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBBucs621 (Post 2836462)
Players I would love to see in Tampa that are unrestricted free agents are: Peyton Hillis, Mario Williams, Jason Campbell (as a backup and experienced QB), Brent Grimes, and a safety.

Dude let me just go out back to our Money tree and pick about 80 million in signing bonus for all that.

kBuc5 01-22-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 2836507)
Dude let me just go out back to our Money tree and pick about 80 million in signing bonus for all that.

Could you imagine Hillis in a Bucs uni? Would be crazy.