Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   McShay Says 5 QBs Could Go in Round 1 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50630)

Shane P. Hallam 01-19-2012 10:10 AM

McShay Says 5 QBs Could Go in Round 1

About Osweiler: "More tape I've watched, more impressed I am. Unbelievable tools. Could move into late 1st rd."

Also mentioned Tannehill and Foles as first round possibilities.

I'll say this, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Foles/Osweiler rise during offseason with the need at QB.

TACKLE 01-19-2012 10:12 AM

I believe it'll be four but I'm still not buying Foles.

SchizophrenicBatman 01-19-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2832161)
About Osweiler: "More tape I've watched, more impressed I am. Unbelievable tools. Could move into late 1st rd."

I'll say this, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Foles/Osweiler rise during offseason with the need at QB.

wat

I guess the new rookie deals have changed the way teams approach drafting that position

bucfan12 01-19-2012 10:26 AM

I say 3.

Luck

Griffen

And some one will reach for Tanehill to develop him.

bruschis4all 01-19-2012 10:28 AM

Ryan Mallett>>>>Tanneyhill,Foles and Osweiler. Offer Belichick your 2013 1st. I'm sure he'll listen.

bucfan12 01-19-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2832161)

McShay probably watched Osweiler and saw one pass that was like WOW and forgot the rest of his footage and thought if he can do that more, he'd be great.

Osweiler is 6'7 with a big arm. Thats it.

SolidGold 01-19-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman (Post 2832172)
wat

I guess the new rookie deals have changed the way teams approach drafting that position

I think last year's draft changed the approach in how to draft QBs. It's a QB driven league now, the position is at a premium more than ever. The rules have been skewed heavily in the offense's favor.

I don't see Foles as a first rounder though. He reminds me of Josh Freeman physically and skillset wise. Both are big guys with good but not huge arms.

killxswitch 01-19-2012 10:46 AM

Good. It pushes good talent down that much farther. Keep reaching, losers!

ElectricEye 01-19-2012 10:48 AM

I just don't get how this Foles thing won't go away. I absolutely don't see it on tape.

Osweiler is going to be overdrafted based on tools, but at least he has that going for him.

keylime_5 01-19-2012 10:48 AM

I don't think there will be 5. I think Luck and Griffin obviously go at the top of the draft, and Tannehill finds his way into the first round (probably not top 15 if he doesn't ever really workout with his foot injury). Osweiller might go high b/c of his tools like a lot of QBs have done. I don't see Osweiller and Foles both sneaking into round 1. Foles seems like a classic 2nd rounder. Then again a few analysts and scouts I've heard love Foles, so you never know.

killxswitch 01-19-2012 11:18 AM

What teams need a QB (or at least may believe they do)?

Colts - They'll take Luck
Browns - They'll take RG3 unless someone leapfrogs them
Redskins - They'll try to leapfrog the Browns or get Flynn
Dolphins - Probably don't have what it takes to get RG3, will they really spend a 1st on a lower-end 1st round QB like Tannehill?
Seahawks - I have no idea
Broncos - Elway wants a real QB but can they spend a 1st on one?

I think the Colts, Browns, and Skins are the ones that will for-sure start 2012 with a new QB in place, with at least two of them drafting one. Of the final three teams, one of them will probably take Tannehill. Beyond that, I have a hard time seeing any other QB go in the 1st this season.

thefridge15 01-19-2012 11:22 AM

If Blaine Gabbert can be a top 10 pick.....

DraftSavant 01-19-2012 11:26 AM

I knew it was only a matter of time before McShay started ringing the Osweiler bell. They're both represented by CAA (same with Gabbert and Sanchez - McShay's two previous love affairs).

ellsy82 01-19-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefridge15 (Post 2832218)
If Blaine Gabbert can be a top 10 pick.....

This pretty much says all that needs to be said.

Babylon 01-19-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 2832180)
Ryan Mallett>>>>Tanneyhill,Foles and Osweiler. Offer Belichick your 2013 1st. I'm sure he'll listen.

You may not be that far off on that prediction.

Of the two i like Osweiller better but Foles might look the part with a good combine, he's probably not too far skill wise from Gabbert.

BeerBaron 01-19-2012 11:47 AM

I'm glad my team doesn't need a QB. All I can say...

Those guys in the first round. Makes my head hurt.

bruschis4all 01-19-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2832253)
You may not be that far off on that prediction.

Of the two i like Osweiller better but Foles might look the part with a good combine, he's probably not too far skill wise from Gabbert.

I'm thinking Cleveland if they don't trade up for RG3 or sign Flynn. Get all of your weapons with your early picks this year. Mallett has had a year to study under Brady. Could probably step right in and play. Pretty sure Cleveland can make it to 8-8. Wouldn't be a Top 12 pick. I know some guys without a strong arm have done well in Cleveland. Sipe and Kosar. But, having a big arm wouldn't hurt given the conditions they play in sometimes.

holt_bruce81 01-19-2012 12:30 PM

It should be three. But the way teams overvalue Quarterbacks these days, it wouldn't surprise me to see six go in the first.

BeerBaron 01-19-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2832312)
It should be three. But the way teams overvalue Quarterbacks these days, it wouldn't surprise me to see six go in the first.

I was unable to find, via internet search, an adequate picture to express my feelings on that statement.

There are two, TWO! first round worthy QBs this year, and they're going to be gone within the top 4 picks.

To anyone else whose team needs a QB and doesn't get one of those two...may the football gods have mercy on your soul.

Lil Quip 01-19-2012 12:34 PM

Sounds like McShay as usual.

I don't see their being more QB's in the first than last year. Maybe this is because a knee jerk reaction to last year, where Dalton fell a bit far.

The Mallett pick seems even more opportune now. I agree that why not throw an offer to the Pats? Is he much worse that these unproven guys a year older with a year of Pats system?

raynman 01-19-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2832192)
Good. It pushes good talent down that much farther. Keep reaching, losers!

same thing i'm thinking.

good. panthers can reap the rewards.

maybe some dumb team will trade up and give the panthers picks like the falcons were dumb enough to give up for julio.

mcshay is a moron, but i hope he's right with this.

holt_bruce81 01-19-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2832315)
I was unable to find, via internet search, an adequate picture to express my feelings on that statement.

There are two, TWO! first round worthy QBs this year, and they're going to be gone within the top 4 picks.

To anyone else whose team needs a QB and doesn't get one of those two...may the football gods have mercy on your soul.

I think Tannehill is first round worthy. But after him and the obvious other two, that's it.

We all know the steal will come later in the draft from whoever selects Russell Wilson.

BeerBaron 01-19-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2832337)
I think Tannehill is first round worthy. But after him and the obvious other two, that's it.

We all know the steal will come later in the draft from whoever selects Russell Wilson.

Wilson might be able to be a slightly better Seneca Wallace. That's about all.

rawdawg 01-19-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 2832180)

Mallett also >>>> Gabbert, Locker, Ponder....but that didn't help him go ahead of them.

Oilers4ever 01-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 2832477)
Mallett also >>>> Gabbert, Locker, Ponder....but that didn't help him go ahead of them.

Mallett is going to be the back up next year when Hoyer splits. He is not >>>>>> Locker