Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   1/20/12 - Mock Draft 4.0 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50642)

Scott Wright 01-20-2012 02:35 AM

1/20/12 - Mock Draft 4.0

The fourth mock draft of the year has been posted, the first since the underclassmen deadline!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

RaiderNation 01-20-2012 02:52 AM

Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?

Scott Wright 01-20-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2833269)
Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?

For a moment I actually thought about pulling a Ponder and putting Tannehill to the Redskins at #6 overall, but then I snapped out of it and came to my senses. I still think Tannehill is a first round talent and should come off the board no later than early round two though.

I will be adding a second round to the next mock in mid-February.

fenikz 01-20-2012 03:04 AM

Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice

Scott Wright 01-20-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 2833272)
Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice

I don't think Jonathan Martin would be a reach at #13. In fact, he may not last that long!

Besides, the Cardinals and Kolb have absolutely no chance unless they upgrade that o-line.

Razor 01-20-2012 03:26 AM

I'd prefer to grab Konz instead of Cox. Jenkins is a good pick for us, and great value.

Lil Quip 01-20-2012 03:42 AM

A few issues.

I like Still in general, but I think 8 may be a bit high for him. Granted I think Brockers might overtake him, or teams will just pass on DT's in general, but at this time, it is alright.

I have the same issue with Barron to the Jets with when he is mocked to the Pats. If Leohart is okayed health wise by the Jets, I think him and Barron are too similar. If they went safety, I see someone who is less tied to the SS role rather than an all around guy or pure FS.

DeCastro to the Bengals is a great match, but I don't see him falling that far as everyone seems to like him.

Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.

Other than DeCastro, I think the Zeittler is the best pick here. He may be overvalued in the middle of the first, but he is the kind of guy that Pitt needs to solidify the middle of that line.

Fletcher Cox is a nice guy to add as a piece to the DL, but I have heard some issues with him as a 5 tech. As much as it pains me, I could see us jumping on Konz if he is available. In addition, Perry looks like he could make a good fit too and he goes the next pick.

Burfict seems like a great candidate to take over for Lewis in the near future as he learns from one of the best in the twilight of his career.

And to end it, I hate the Jenkins pick. Yes he has a ton of talent. Yes the Pats have shown the propensity to roll the dice on 'questionable' guys. However, the kind of 'questionable' guys don't reach the level of Jenkins. Dillon was a malcontent, but it turned out he was a perfect soldier when he got out of the cesspool known as Cinncinati. Haynesworth didn't work, but didn't cause any damage for little cost. Ocho doesn't seem to have worked, but he hasn't really cost us anything more than a low draft pick and a roster spot. Moss was able to be contained, once it went sour, we got a king's ransom for how well he played after.

I just don't think Jenkins is worth the trouble for us unless some magic happens in the interview/background check. Not getting a rush guy, I would like a guy like Curry there.

akvikefan89 01-20-2012 04:35 AM

I like the Claiborne pick to the Vikes in that situation. Holding out hope that someone trades up to #2 for RG3, because I want Kalil, but Claiborne is a nice consolation...

Blackluck 01-20-2012 04:41 AM

More Patriot feedback: What is the drop off from Konz to Ben Jones? I think the Patriots end up with one of those two as that completes rebuilding our O line, but if Konz is on the board he's almost the perfect BB pick, who wants starters, not potential with his first pick.

Unless there's great value with the other first rounder, yeah it gets traded.

Caddy 01-20-2012 05:20 AM

I reallllly hope the Bucs don't draft Richardson with the 5th pick. I would rather any of the other top talents to be honest.

Matthew Jones 01-20-2012 05:45 AM

Janoris Jenkins seems unlikely considering the strength of Belichick's relationship with both Urban Meyer and Will Muschamp. Fletcher Cox is a one-gap player who can't anchor vs. double teams so he doesn't really fit into the defense either. Passing on Peter Konz for Cox would be unforgivable and New England has been interested in the Pouncey brothers and Eric Wood in recent drafts.

holt_bruce81 01-20-2012 06:35 AM

I really don't think Rodger Saffold is suited to play right tackle.

Giantsfan1080 01-20-2012 06:54 AM

I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.

jbooshey 01-20-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2833325)
I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.

I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.

Bengals78 01-20-2012 09:28 AM

I love the DeCastro pick.
I am not a fan of the Wilson pick. Doesnt he have ball security issues?
Not a fan of a first round WR, but I would take Wright first.
Or Lamar Miller.

bigmac076 01-20-2012 09:34 AM

I would love to see to Cowboys grab Kirkpatrick

H.O.O.D 01-20-2012 09:48 AM

Trent Baalke better be working the phones looking to move up if Floyd is kicking around in the early 20's.

Giantsfan1080 01-20-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbooshey (Post 2833383)
I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.

I feel like we're set at guard also with Snee and Petrus.

DiG 01-20-2012 09:55 AM

I'd be really happy with Blackmon at 6 if we weren't able to make a move up for RG3.

Seems like Upshaw has been shooting up boards recently.

Sloopy 01-20-2012 09:58 AM

Love the Taze pick to the Ravens. After the bowl season this has seemed like all but a lock to be another classic Ozzie pick as you say

keylime_5 01-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbooshey (Post 2833383)

he can do it - but teams won't draft him in the first round to play guard.

shylo3716 01-20-2012 10:24 AM

I've just come to realization that Scott does not like Lamar Miller at all.

Originally Posted by keylime_5
Miller is visual sex on the field.

derza222 01-20-2012 10:37 AM

Based on your rankings it looks like Barron would be your BPA at a major position of need for the Jets at the time, would you agree? If so, I think it's a good pick. Also, do you think Barron could play either safety spot? From what I've seen he's probably better at SS but could play some FS as well.

One thing to toss out there, Leonhard is a FA this offseason and after another season ending injury it's far from certain he'll be back next year. So the Jets might (and probably will) need to bring in two new starting safeties this offseason.

K Train 01-20-2012 10:46 AM

would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24

Sloopy 01-20-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2833473)
would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24

Glenn over Zeitler? I dunno I tend to lean towards Z as far as gaurds go, only #2 to DeCastro