Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Drew Rosenhaus (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5076)

Yung Flippa 03-27-2007 07:04 PM

Drew Rosenhaus

Man this has to be crazy!!!
He just said that Drew Stanton is a late 1st round pick
hahahahahahah
I mean I know that he is Stanton's agent but I mean come on a late 1st round?

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Flippa (Post 255422)
Man this has to be crazy!!!
He just said that Drew Stanton is a late 1st round pick
hahahahahahah
I mean I know that he is Stanton's agent but I mean come on a late 1st round?

he also said greg olsen was a top ten pick, he is crazy. Todd McShay gave him the business, it was great.

PACKmanN 03-27-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals1690 (Post 255424)
he also said greg olsen was a top ten pick, he is crazy. Todd McShay gave him the business, it was great.

he Olsen agent???????

lionsfan81 03-27-2007 07:08 PM

he most likely will go late 1st early 2nd. a lot of teams are very high on him.

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN (Post 255426)
he Olsen agent???????

apparently, because afterwards Mcshay said "Your just earning your money, Drew"

Windy 03-27-2007 07:10 PM

Stanton going in the late 1st is not crazy at all.

OhioState 03-27-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionsfan81 (Post 255438)

are you talking about stanton? he has no chance of being picked in the first because he is so unpredictable. He is a good value in the late second but probably will not be picked higher than the mid second

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionsfan81 (Post 255438)

no, he wont. hes a third rounder at best. hes injury prone and also makes too many eratic throws and is inconsistent. None of them bode well for his draft status.

Ward 03-27-2007 07:15 PM

Stanton in the late first is as crazy as I dunno... Jason Campbell, JP Losman, or Rex Grossman going in the late first.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-27-2007 07:16 PM

He also appears to be the third QB. That means he'll go late first, early second.

Smokey Joe 03-27-2007 07:18 PM

I would not be surprised at all to see Stanton go first round, but I bet he will go early second. My bet is either Oakland or Detroit based on what they do in the 1st.

Also, Olsen has less of a shot to go top 10 then Stanton has going late first. The earliest I see Olsen going is 14 overall, but I don't see the Panthers drafting him.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan 03-27-2007 07:20 PM

I could definitely see a team in need of a quarterback trading up for a 2nd first round pick (in the late 20's) to grab him. Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, and Minnesota all have picks in the very early second round, and one of them might want to be sure they get him.

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutlerChris (Post 255467)
He also appears to be the third QB. That means he'll go late first, early second.

no, the talent drop off from Quinn-Russell is huge. Like i stated before, he is injury prone, he is wayyyyyy to inconsitent, and Has troube reading defenses, which leads to erratic throws. he should go late sercond early third at the earliest.

bearsfan_51 03-27-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward (Post 255463)
Stanton in the late first is as crazy as I dunno... Jason Campbell, JP Losman, or Rex Grossman going in the late first.

Grossman was a projected first rounder. Everyone and their mom thought the Packers would take him.

neko4 03-27-2007 07:26 PM

Stanton played with one draftable player this year, in Matt Trannon. Thats about all he had. To me he is a late 1st rounder and I see him going to DET with their 2nd rounder. Hes a local fave since he played with Michigan St.

Yung Flippa 03-27-2007 07:33 PM

Yeah, Drew said that he might be going 2 the Lions because he is a local product
So take what he says for what its worth

Ward 03-27-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 255493)
Grossman was a projected first rounder. Everyone and their mom thought the Packers would take him.

My point is that it seems to me teams are willing and ready to gamble at the bottom of the first for that third/fourth QB. It's not insane if it happens with Stanton, as some posters are implying.

neko4 03-27-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward (Post 255558)
My point is that it seems to me teams are willing and ready to gamble at the bottom of the first for that third/fourth QB. It's not insane if it happens with Stanton, as some posters are implying.

The only thing I dont see is a team gambling on him in the late first because no teams need a QB in the late first, except maybe JAX, but thats not really "late" Unless a team trades down

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan (Post 255487)
I could definitely see a team in need of a quarterback trading up for a 2nd first round pick (in the late 20's) to grab him. Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, and Minnesota all have picks in the very early second round, and one of them might want to be sure they get him.

No one will trade up for Drew Stanton. Why would they when all those teams second rounders are within the top 9? If he falls to a team, they might take him, but i seriously doubt that they will trade up for him, its not like he is a can't miss prospect.

sweetness34 03-27-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals1690 (Post 255450)
no, he wont. hes a third rounder at best. hes injury prone and also makes too many eratic throws and is inconsistent. None of them bode well for his draft status.

Um you're wrong. In most drafts he's a high 2nd round pick, and he could go in the first. What bodes well for his draft status are his tools as a QB. Which he has quite the aresenal and with good coaching he could be damn good.

princefielder28 03-27-2007 07:50 PM

Drew Stanton, in my opinion, is a late first round talent, but due to the lack of a consistent and talented supporting cast people never got to see what this kid can do. One team will be very happy they spent a draft pick on him and he'll play for quite a while

etk 03-27-2007 07:54 PM

Have you all forgotten how he was a fixture in Scott's first round for a while? I think Chicago should draft him in the 1st, but they probably won't.

Bengals1690 03-27-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 255596)
Um you're wrong. In most drafts he's a high 2nd round pick, and he could go in the first. What bodes well for his draft status are his tools as a QB. Which he has quite the aresenal and with good coaching he could be damn good.

he has good arm strength, but not good accuracy and desicion making. He panics and makes terrible desicions. He also has suffered a significant injury in each of the last 3 seasons. None of these bode well for an NFL Quarterback. Now im not saying he wont be drafted in the second, but he will DEFINETLEY not get drafted in the first, the latest pick for a team in need of a quarterback is number 23 to Kansas City is way too much of a reach for him.

sweetness34 03-27-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals1690 (Post 255632)
he has good arm strength, but not good accuracy and desicion making. He panics and makes terrible desicions. He also has suffered a significant injury in each of the last 3 seasons. None of these bode well for an NFL Quarterback. Now im not saying he wont be drafted in the second, but he will DEFINETLEY not get drafted in the first, the latest pick for a team in need of a quarterback is number 23 to Kansas City is way too much of a reach for him.

Drew Stanton had a crap OL all year long, much like Brady Quinn. When the guy had time he was dead on. Sure he was inconsistent this year, but he's still a very good QB prospect. And he'll be at least an early 2nd rounder, at least.

princefielder28 03-27-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 255639)
Drew Stanton had a crap OL all year long, much like Brady Quinn. When the guy had time he was dead on. Sure he was inconsistent this year, but he's still a very good QB prospect. And he'll be at least an early 2nd rounder, at least.

You hit it right on the head